Did I Make a Mistake Purchasing the Honeycomb Bravo?

Larry Ranallo

Larry Ranallo

Hi!

I'm using the FSL 320 on fsx. 

I recently purchased the Honeycomb Bravo, and, while waiting for it to arrive, have been reading-up on configuring it for the FSL A320. It appears that I may have failed to perform adequate due diligence. From what I've gathered, making the Bravo function with the FSL is a challenge. 

I use flight sim for proficiency and preparing for sim checks. Since I've been working so little, I wanted get some hardware to increase the immersion. I have the TCA sidestick and had considered the TCA throttle but the Honeycomb seemed more versatile - I'm reconsidering that decision. 

Should I leave the throttle sealed up and send it back and purchase something else?

Ross McDonagh

@Larry Ranallo I use P3D but I believe if you use LINDA (see Avsim) you can get pretty good use out of the Bravo.  Not sure if their native stuff supports FSX or not.  You can find the bravo software which is a bit cumbersome IMO on the honeycomb page I don’t recall seeing FSX supported officially.  I’d try LINDA-you may not get the LEDs though.  

Larry Ranallo

@Ross McDonagh Thanks for the reply.

Although I've been flight simming for a long time, I've never had much of a hardware setup beyond a joystick. I've never had a registered FSUPIC or heard of LINDA.  I've found a P3D LINDA config for the FSL 320. I'm assuming that won't work for FSX but I'll keep digging.

Ross McDonagh
34 minutes ago, Larry Ranallo said:

@Ross McDonagh Thanks for the reply.

Although I've been flight simming for a long time, I've never had much of a hardware setup beyond a joystick. I've never had a registered FSUPIC or heard of LINDA.  I've found a P3D LINDA config for the FSL 320. I'm assuming that won't work for FSX but I'll keep digging.

Wish I could help you more with FSX Larry-but all I can say is-my FSL and Bravo works great with LINDA-one limitation is that LINDA only allows for three modes so I’ve got SPD/HDG/ALT in there on the Bravo and I’ve got the VS setup on my old CH quad that I just use for switches now.  What I could recommend potentially for you would be an upgrade to P3D V4.5 or V5.1 depending on your system 

John Harris

I think if you are using your sim for mainly Airbus work then I would definitely go with the TCA TQ from Thrustmaster. I assume you are aware that you can use this TQ for Boeing and GA as well by turning the Mechanical Selectors around?

Søren Rasmussen
10 hours ago, Larry Ranallo said:

I'm assuming that won't work for FSX but I'll keep digging.

As far as I know, it's flightsim independent. LINDA works directly with the A320 (using the LINDA A320 module).

Larry Ranallo
18 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Wish I could help you more with FSX Larry-but all I can say is-my FSL and Bravo works great with LINDA-one limitation is that LINDA only allows for three modes so I’ve got SPD/HDG/ALT in there on the Bravo and I’ve got the VS setup on my old CH quad that I just use for switches now.  What I could recommend potentially for you would be an upgrade to P3D V4.5 or V5.1 depending on your system 

@Ross McDonagh I think upgrading to P3D is probably a good idea but repurchasing the FSL 320 along with another potential FS2020 version purchase makes me take pause. 

12 hours ago, John Harris said:

I think if you are using your sim for mainly Airbus work then I would definitely go with the TCA TQ from Thrustmaster. I assume you are aware that you can use this TQ for Boeing and GA as well by turning the Mechanical Selectors around?

@John Harris I did see that removing the detents on the TCA TQ was possible. I just like the idea of the Bravo being so versatile. I may end up on one of the Boeing WBs in the not-too-distant future, so it would be nice to have equipment that I could use for both scenario

9 hours ago, Søren Rasmussen said:

As far as I know, it's flightsim independent. LINDA works directly with the A320 (using the LINDA A320 module).

@Søren Rasmussen Great! I wasn't sure if P3D and FSX would use the same function calls or not. 

5 hours ago, Truls Petter Elven said:

Hello!

There is a "Template" to download to use with FSLabs products here.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/128-bravo-throttle-quadrant/ 

@Truls Petter Elven Perfect! I've downloaded the Honeycomb FSX app. I'll certainly give this a go. I'm not sure how I hadn't come across this in all my searching.