How to setup TCA Quadrant v151

Markos Papoutsidakis

RUIZ Christopher

Hello everyone, 

I also encounter issues with the TCA quadrant to corectly setup detent settings. 

[EDIT] I managed to make it work. Weirdly, the throttle is only working correctly when there is power in the airplane (battery on).

If battery is off, then the detent are not calibrated correctly. 

A_ndré_F_olkers
9 hours ago, RUIZ Christopher said:

Hello everyone, 

I also encounter issues with the TCA quadrant to corectly setup detent settings. 

[EDIT] I managed to make it work. Weirdly, the throttle is only working correctly when there is power in the airplane (battery on).

If battery is off, then the detent are not calibrated correctly. 

That's by design power on is a working throttle ;-)

• 3 months later...
Faisal Alquraishi

Hi all,

I followed all the set up steps and did it over three times. My issue is that the when the throttle is physically on the idle dent, it show that it is between idle and climb in the sim. Only when I physically move it to reverse, it then goes to idle in the sim. I did the calibration 5 times but with no luck. 

Really appreciate any help. 

Faisal

Tom van der Elst
1 minute ago, Faisal Alquraishi said:

Hi all,

I followed all the set up steps and did it over three times. My issue is that the when the throttle is physically on the idle dent, it show that it is between idle and climb in the sim. Only when I physically move it to reverse, it then goes to idle in the sim. I did the calibration 5 times but with no luck. 

Really appreciate any help. 

Faisal

Hello, did you also set the detents in the FMGS?

Faisal Alquraishi
8 hours ago, Tom van der Elst said:

Hello, did you also set the detents in the FMGS?

Thank you Tom. I did the detents in the FMGS and the throttle is working fine now. But I cannot get the spoilers and the flabs to move incrementally. 

Tom van der Elst
7 hours ago, Faisal Alquraishi said:

Thank you Tom. I did the detents in the FMGS and the throttle is working fine now. But I cannot get the spoilers and the flabs to move incrementally. 

I'm glad that works, and I am sorry, I do not have the flaps/spoiler addon so I have no idea.

Trevor Hannant
10 hours ago, Faisal Alquraishi said:

Have you done the detents for those also?

Faisal Alquraishi
21 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Have you done the detents for those also?

Yes and both are working now. 

My outstanding issue is still after takeoff when I physically pull the throttle to CL dent, the aircraft throttle fluctuates between idle and CL and does not settle. 

Norman Blackburn
30 minutes ago, Faisal Alquraishi said:

Yes and both are working now. 

My outstanding issue is still after takeoff when I physically pull the throttle to CL dent, the aircraft throttle fluctuates between idle and CL and does not settle. 

This suggests then that your detents are not correctly set.  Set a wider zone for that gate.

Faisal Alquraishi
4 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

This suggests then that your detents are not correctly set.  Set a wider zone for that gate.

Thnx Norman. Do you by any change know of a video that explains how to correctly set up the dent zones?

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Faisal Alquraishi said:

Thnx Norman. Do you by any change know of a video that explains how to correctly set up the dent zones?

Sorry I dont.  

Trevor Hannant
On 10/30/2021 at 1:28 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

@Faisal Alquraishi As Norman states, what I've done is set the throttles into the detents, then applied a little back/forward pressure to the point where they're nearly ready to pop out of the detent and set that as the value.   This gives a wider range and allows for it not sitting on exactly the same spot every time.

Faisal Alquraishi
1 hour ago, Trevor Hannant said:

@Faisal Alquraishi As Norman states, what I've done is set the throttles into the detents, then applied a little back/forward pressure to the point where they're nearly ready to pop out of the detent and set that as the value.   This gives a wider range and allows for it not sitting on exactly the same spot every time.

Thank you Trevor for the hint. I will give it a try. 

Faisal Alquraishi
19 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Dear Trevor,

Did the detents as per your instructions and now all is working perfect. Thanks a million for your help.

Faisal

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
ANDREY BERESTNEV

Hi all. I just got my officer pack and totally frustrated with it. Firtsly, it's not plug and play, secondary - my flaps lever working only in two pisitions: full up and full down, and it also moves backwards. For example: I fully drop flaps lever down and visually in VC lever going fully up. Also, I can't set lever for spoilers in control input menu.
any ideas?

• Like 1
A_ndré_F_olkers
On 11/16/2021 at 10:27 PM, ANDREY BERESTNEV said:

Hi all. I just got my officer pack and totally frustrated with it. Firtsly, it's not plug and play, secondary - my flaps lever working only in two pisitions: full up and full down, and it also moves backwards. For example: I fully drop flaps lever down and visually in VC lever going fully up. Also, I can't set lever for spoilers in control input menu.
any ideas?

Yep you have first to calibrate your hardware correct, follow my tutorial pinned at the forum...

Out of the box unfortunately some units aren't correct calibrated and you will see your behavior.

It's pretty easy to solve, but the first thing is forget P3D for a minute and make sure that you have calibrate your hardware correct with the latest driver and firmware ;-) 

ANDREY BERESTNEV
1 hour ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Yep you have first to calibrate your hardware correct, follow my tutorial pinned at the forum...

Out of the box unfortunately some units aren't correct calibrated and you will see your behavior.

It's pretty easy to solve, but the first thing is forget P3D for a minute and make sure that you have calibrate your hardware correct with the latest driver and firmware ;-) 

Yep, I did everything and now it kinda work, but it wont work with other aircrafts. Simulator cant see joystick feels

Peter Hastings
5 hours ago, ANDREY BERESTNEV said:

Yep, I did everything and now it kinda work, but it wont work with other aircrafts. Simulator cant see joystick feels

In my experience, the best thing to do is to set up the hardware (as Andre said) and then configure the TCA hardware in the A320X interface.

To use the controllers in other aircraft, use profiles in FSUIPC assignments so that you don't interfere with any A320X assignments.  Be sure that you use only one or the other (and don't forget that P3D control assignments might want to get involved as well!).

• Like 1
ANDREY BERESTNEV

Alright, finally managed how to get almost proper work wotj Fslabs and pmdg aircrafts, now I can use spoiler, flaps, prkn brake, gear and etc even with PMDG! 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a bit of an odd question when setting up my throttle I have followed all the directions to this point and all detents seem to be correct. The issue is when I go to TO/GA on the throttle it switches my view to outside the aircraft every time. I made sure all axis assignments are off in P3D but it still happens. I should mention if it matters I am also running P3D v5.3

So update: I found out it was a key binding in P3D that was conflicting with it but now a new issue. After engaging my reversers I have to move the throttle all the way to TOGA and back to get them to disengage and go back to idle. Thoughts? 

A_ndré_F_olkers
1 hour ago, William Davis said:

So update: I found out it was a key binding in P3D that was conflicting with it but now a new issue. After engaging my reversers I have to move the throttle all the way to TOGA and back to get them to disengage and go back to idle. Thoughts? 

Could you post a screenshot form the calibration window with the reverser full out and also from the MCDU your throttles settings....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, William Davis said:

Hope this is what you need? 

You should change the rev max setting to -1.000/-0.950.

In your screenshot the detent is almost the full range of the lever and overlaps with the rev idle detent - which is why those two setting are in orange, I guess?

• Like 1
A_ndré_F_olkers
19 hours ago, William Davis said:

Hope this is what you need? 

Screenshot (194).png

As state by Peter you have a conflicting setting in amber the range for revers should be minus instead you have the range defined from reverse to max...
Reverse setting should be - 1.000 /-0.950 that should solve it

William Davis
1 hour ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

As state by Peter you have a conflicting setting in amber the range for revers should be minus instead you have the range defined from reverse to max...
Reverse setting should be - 1.000 /-0.950 that should solve it

Thank you everyone. All is good now :)

• Like 1