Jump to content

How to setup TCA Quadrant v151


Markos Papoutsidakis

Recommended Posts

A_ndré_F_olkers
4 minutes ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

yes, I also calibrated cl
forgot to write about it
i changed my contribution

Ok then what you could do is to re flash the unit with current firmware, because you should have five steps and check in the control panel (not in P3D) windows if you have the five steps after calibration...

It's real simple you should have five steps after calibration in the windows Thrustmaster control panel, if this isn't the case then I would go back to support Thrustmaster...

Something not correct with your hardware then....

Link to post
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • A_ndré_F_olkers

    20

  • Wilhelm Zwirchmayr

    20

  • Mark M Balagtas

    15

  • Enrique Perez

    11

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys- do me a favor - stop and exit Prepar3D, rename your FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file, found in the FSLabs subfolder of where you installed the FSLabs aircraft (default would be c:\users\<yourname&

+1 Same for me I can't assign the Parking Brake anymore.

For some reason I cannot see anywhere how to set the Thrustmaster Throttle buttons (Engine mode selector, Engine master etc) in the new version. They were there in the previous version . Do I miss som

Posted Images

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
5 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Ok, dann können Sie das Gerät erneut mit Firmware flashen, da Sie vier Schritte ausführen und in den Fenstern des Bedienfelds (nicht in P3D) überprüfen sollten, ob Sie die fünf Schritte nach der Kalibrierung haben ...

ok, but i did that yesterday and today

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
1 minute ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

ok, but i did that yesterday and today

The only thing is, you could do all the steps with virus software disabled and via another USB port and disconnect other usb stuff....

Then it's Thrustmaster I'm afraid it begins with correct calibrated hardware...

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
7 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Das Einzige ist, dass Sie alle Schritte mit deaktivierter Virensoftware und über einen anderen USB-Anschluss ausführen und andere USB-Geräte trennen können.

Dann ist es Thrustmaster, ich fürchte, es beginnt mit korrekt kalibrierter Hardware ...

Yes, I will try it

Link to post
Peter Hougardy

A_ndre, My flaps and spoilers work reverse - detent settings are in opposite range. Ho can I fix this?

Many thanks,

Peter Hougardy

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
1 hour ago, Peter Hougardy said:

A_ndre, My flaps and spoilers work reverse - detent settings are in opposite range. Ho can I fix this?

Many thanks,

Peter Hougardy

You have three options it depends where your controller is defined:

Just choose the reverse checkbox :-)

P3D axis assignment:

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.1b2025c98143f5c236fb3eff38951783.jpg

 

or via the new FSLabs menu for dual control input:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.4a8980666c79cf8b1dfadc71ba557c86.jpg

Or via FSUIPC:

 

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.6101b3708eae7acf2f30dcbc91ed8c57.jpg

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
4 hours ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Das Einzige ist, dass Sie alle Schritte mit deaktivierter Virensoftware und über einen anderen USB-Anschluss ausführen und andere USB-Geräte trennen können.

Dann ist es Thrustmaster, ich fürchte, es beginnt mit korrekt kalibrierter Hardware ...

unfortunately it didn't work

I also tried something.

i switched the throttel to raw input - Prepar3d
and calibrated there.
Prepar3 also recognizes the reverse axis and is config at FSLABS -1.00, previously idle was -1.00
thus all axis reverse, idle, CL, FLax, toga work
Due to the change, I can unfortunately no longer use the buttons eng - on / off, mode start / crank
I can do without that, but it would be nicer if it also worked.

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
1 minute ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

unfortunately it didn't work

I also tried something.

i switched the throttel to direct input - Prepar3d
and calibrated there.
Prepar3 also recognizes the reverse axis and is config at FSLABS -1.00, previously idle was -1.00
thus all axis reverse, idle, CL, FLax, toga work
Due to the change, I can unfortunately no longer use the buttons eng - on / off, mode start / crank
I can do without that, but it would be nicer if it also worked.

Great to hear that it solved your problem! Forgot about the api legacy direct input...

Can PM you my settings in the FSLABS input control menu so you can add them?

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
2 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Great to hear that it solved your problem! Forgot about the api legacy direct input...

Can PM you my settings in the FSLABS input control menu so you can add them?

I switched to raw input
on direct input prepar accesses the config of the system and it doesn't work there.
with raw input prepar3d recognizes the complete axis.
no idea why
I do fine adjustment via FSLABS FMC throttel adjustment as usual.
the only thing that does not work is the option input event key, it recognizes the keys during configuration but they do not trigger a command in the simulator.

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
1 minute ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

I switched to raw input
on direct input prepar accesses the config of the system and it doesn't work there.
with raw input prepar3d recognizes the complete axis.
no idea why
I do fine adjustment via FSLABS FMC throttel adjustment as usual.
the only thing that does not work is the option input event key, it recognizes the keys during configuration but they do not trigger a command in the simulator.

Well I use direct input :-) for all keys to work you have to switch to direct input  (FSLabs is based on the legacy api)

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
5 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Nun, ich benutze die direkte Eingabe :-) Damit alle Tasten funktionieren, müssen Sie zur direkten Eingabe wechseln (FSLabs basiert auf der Legacy-API).

well, then the entire axis will no longer work
at idle is -1.00 according to FMC, but that should be at reverse

so I would have the same problem again

what is interesting is why prepar recognizes my entire bandwidth with raw input (reverse to toga) and with direct input only recognizes from idle to toga

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
3 minutes ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

well, then the entire axis will no longer work
at idle is -1.00 according to FMC, but that should be at reverse

so I would have the same problem again

what is interesting is why prepar recognizes my entire bandwidth with raw input (reverse to toga) and with direct input only recognizes from idle to toga

You installed the latest driver from thrustmaster?

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
Just now, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Sie haben den neuesten Treiber von Thrustmaster installiert?

yes and firmware

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers

The calibration menu from Thrustmaster (control panel do you have there the five steps when moving the throttles through there full axis) If this isn't the case then you can't solve it at a later stage

Correct calibration there begins it with...

Did you check if there isn't another device that has a throttle axis assigned to it?  for example the stick?

P3D will assign by default several functions which you should remove because they interfere...

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
8 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Hast du den neuesten Treiber von Thrustmaster installiert?

Und im Kalibrierungsmenü von Thrustmaster (Bedienfeld haben Sie dort die fünf Schritte, wenn Sie die Drosseln durch die volle Achse bewegen). Wenn dies nicht der Fall ist, können Sie es zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt nicht lösen

Die korrekte Kalibrierung dort beginnt mit ...

Haben Sie überprüft, ob es kein anderes Gerät gibt, dem eine Drosselachse zugewiesen ist? zum Beispiel der Stock?

P3D weist standardmäßig mehrere Funktionen zu, die Sie entfernen sollten, da die ...

I've done it 30 times now
if necessary, I'll make a video about it

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
10 minutes ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

I've done it 30 times now
if necessary, I'll make a video about it

Just a simple confirm if you have the five steps in the control panel similar to mine, that's all because that's not clear...

Further did you checked the assignments from other devices with a throttle axis assignment in P3D confirm?

In my case it was pretty easy install firmware and driver update calibration... Delete assignments in P3D which can interfere for example the joystick...

Autoconfig via FSlabs and all is working fine with direct input in P3Dv5... and define the gates in FSlabs

 

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
2 hours ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Just a simple confirm if you have the five steps in the control panel similar to mine, that's all because that's not clear...

Further did you checked the assignments from other devices with a throttle axis assignment in P3D confirm?

In my case it was pretty easy install firmware and driver update calibration... Delete assignments in P3D which can interfere for example the joystick...

Autoconfig via FSlabs and all is working fine with direct input in P3Dv5... and define the gates in FSlabs

 

apparently i can only calibrate 3 points
i have tried different settings and vice versa once
fact is the third point is the 0 position
as I tried the other way around, toga and flex were identical = idle
I wrote to the support from Thrumasters.
The only strange thing is that with raw input I have no problem with the axes

maybe it is related, the system control shows me flaps and rudder etc. on the trhottle, although I don't have any.

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
37 minutes ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

apparently i can only calibrate 3 points
i have tried different settings and vice versa once
fact is the third point is the 0 position
as I tried the other way around, toga and flex were identical = idle
I wrote to the support from Thrumasters.
The only strange thing is that with raw input I have no problem with the axes

maybe it is related, the system control shows me flaps and rudder etc. on the trhottle, although I don't have any.

I think there lies the problem I have 5 points (full reverse/idle/clb/mct(flx)/toga) outside P3D en also in the software.

Hope they are able to solve your problem...

See below my gate controls in the FSLabs:

[GateControls_0]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-10000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-9690
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-7580
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-6840
Min_TLA_Idle=-5760
Max_TLA_Idle=-4069
Min_TLA_CL=-310
Max_TLA_CL=530
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=4660
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=5310
Min_TLA_TOGA=9880
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000
[GateControls_1]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-10000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-9690
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-7580
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-6840
Min_TLA_Idle=-5760
Max_TLA_Idle=-4069
Min_TLA_CL=-310
Max_TLA_CL=530
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=4660
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=5310
Min_TLA_TOGA=9880
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000

 

 

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
55 minutes ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

apparently i can only calibrate 3 points
i have tried different settings and vice versa once
fact is the third point is the 0 position
as I tried the other way around, toga and flex were identical = idle
I wrote to the support from Thrumasters.
The only strange thing is that with raw input I have no problem with the axes

maybe it is related, the system control shows me flaps and rudder etc. on the trhottle, although I don't have any.

One question left when calibrating your throttle what is de last position when you are pushing the two black buttons and disconnect the usb?

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
6 hours ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Eine Frage, die beim Kalibrieren Ihres Gashebels noch offen ist: Was ist die letzte Position, wenn Sie die beiden schwarzen Tasten drücken und den USB-Anschluss trennen?

I've already tried both.
last position idle both red buttons pressed and then both black buttons and usb disconnected

I did the same in reverse mode
i don't notice any difference between the two variants

Link to post
Thomas Stemmer

Hi,

I have the following problem with the current version v5.0.1.151: 

I start P3Dv5.1 with FSLabs A320 in Cold&Dark-Mode. First, I switch to the Pedestal and check, if the functionality of my Thrustmaster Throttle works. Throttle seems Ok, but if I switch the ENG1 Button to "ON", it can't switch to "OFF" in my FSLab-Airbus. Also the Parking Brake, the Engine Mode Selector or the other Enginge-Switch.

Only, when I open in the P3D-Menü the Add-Ons->FSLabs->Input Commands and "reset" f.e. the Parking Brake under "TCA Quadrant" (Command->Change, "set" and Close), all other controls (such as Enginge-Switches, Mode selector, etc.) works wonderful. However, this must be repeated in the same way every time P3D is started.

This was not the case in the previous version (v5.0.1.126). 

However, to solve this problem, I stopped P3D (and wait...), deleted the "FSL_A320X_Kbd" File and start P3D again. Same problem... 

I also did a complete new installation from the FSLabs bus, but that doesn't help either. Only the first time, when the setup dialog starts, it works. Only at the next start of P3D not anymore.

Is this problem already known and solved? Or will it be solved in the next version? 

Best regards
Thomas   

Link to post
Norman Blackburn
2 hours ago, Thomas Stemmer said:

Is this problem already known and solved? Or will it be solved in the next version? 

I have moved your post to this thread Thomas.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
4 hours ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

I've already tried both.
last position idle both red buttons pressed and then both black buttons and usb disconnected

I did the same in reverse mode
i don't notice any difference between the two variants

Ok hope you will find answers with Thrustmaster!

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
32 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Ok hope you will find answers with Thrustmaster!

Ich hoffe es auch, es verdirbt den Wunsch, ein Meisterwerk wie das fslabs A3xx zu fliegen

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Mark M Balagtas
On 4/8/2021 at 4:19 AM, Norman Blackburn said:

Can you detail what you did, step by step please Mark.

Sorry didn't see this til last night. 

So I calibrated my tca quad as directed by thrustmaster. Then I switch on my sim and powered up the bus. In directinput knob and master switches worked but I can't get the throttles into the correct detent zones/gates. If I put in rawinput, I am able to get my throttles correctly into their respective detent gates/zones but selknob and master switches don't work. 

I renamed my bus kbd file and restarted sim. Same thing happened.

Rawinput: throttle detent zones work but not Master switches and knob

Direct input: master switches and knob work but the throttle detent are out of whacked and can't calibrate them

Link to post
Mark M Balagtas
On 4/9/2021 at 7:54 PM, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

I think there lies the problem I have 5 points (full reverse/idle/clb/mct(flx)/toga) outside P3D en also in the software.

Hope they are able to solve your problem...

See below my gate controls in the FSLabs:

[GateControls_0]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-10000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-9690
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-7580
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-6840
Min_TLA_Idle=-5760
Max_TLA_Idle=-4069
Min_TLA_CL=-310
Max_TLA_CL=530
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=4660
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=5310
Min_TLA_TOGA=9880
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000
[GateControls_1]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-10000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-9690
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-7580
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-6840
Min_TLA_Idle=-5760
Max_TLA_Idle=-4069
Min_TLA_CL=-310
Max_TLA_CL=530
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=4660
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=5310
Min_TLA_TOGA=9880
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000

 

 

I only have 3 points... reverse, climb, and toga. And I am now between rage and waging war

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
14 hours ago, Mark M Balagtas said:

I only have 3 points... reverse, climb, and toga. And I am now between rage and waging war

Welcome to the club
when was your throttle delivered?
maybe the last ones that were delivered are faulty

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
4 hours ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

Welcome to the club
when was your throttle delivered?
maybe the last ones that were delivered are faulty

Saw this in the MSFS forums for the TCA throttle maybe you could try (it's not the correct procedure but)?

Of course to start with the black button (video) and end with the two black buttons ;-)

  1. Move Throttles to TOGA (Spoilers up, Flaps up) - Press both red buttons.
  2. Move Throttles to MCT/FLEX (Spoilers 1, Flaps 1) - Press both red buttons.
  3. Move Throttles to CLB (Spoilers 2, Flaps 2) - Press both red buttons.
  4. Move Throttles to IDLE (Spoilers 3, Flaps 3) - Press both red buttons.
  5. Move Throttles to FULL REVERSE (Spoilers full, Flaps full) - Press both red buttons.

They changing also USB ports...

Last one is to remove the detents from the TCA unit with the two screws for each detent (bottom of the unit) clean and install then again....

Link to post
Mark M Balagtas
5 hours ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

Welcome to the club
when was your throttle delivered?
maybe the last ones that were delivered are faulty

february... I got it to work last night...we'll see if it works today too

 

Link to post
Thomas Stemmer

Hi,

is the issue known, that some knobs of the tca-quadrant (ENG1/ENG2/Mode/Parking Brake) are not working after loading the aircraft? I use the workaround to configure the parking brake, than all other knows are working well. Flaps, Throttle and Speedbrake are not affected from this issue in the version v5.0.1.151 (in v*126 there is no issue as described above).

Best regards
Thomas 

Link to post
Mark M Balagtas
7 hours ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

what was the solution?

No solution. I reinstalled everything. Calibrated all of them. Lasted only for a flight. Stopped working last night. FSLABS is aware of this common issue we all seem have. I hope they will reinstate some of the features that work for v126 before rolling out the sharklets. I wish we can all find the solution. 

Link to post
Kalim Mabrouki

Hello

I got my TCA quadrant a couple of days ago and during the first launch of FSLABS the axis detected all detents, reverse included. After setting everything up and relaunching P3D I realized that the quadrant crashes the sim during loading, which was fixed by unplugging it until the main menu. I tried to recalibrate it through the MCDU and the -1.000 detent stops at IDLE, and the reverse is inexistent. I have installed all software and firmware and followed everything that I've been able to find online. All the other knobs seem to work, but no reverse. Any idea of what is going on? I run P3Dv4 with the latest FSLabs version 

Link to post
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
On 15.4.2021 at 08:41, Kalim Mabrouki said:

 

thrustmaster hasn't contacted you after a week.
6 months delivery time and support can be completely forgotten.

I cannot give a purchase recommendation

Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...