How to setup TCA Quadrant v151

Markos Papoutsidakis

Enrique Perez

Sorry Mark I havent seen your mail just until now, however Im happy you coud solved your issue as well

Raymond van Os

I have followed the instructions by Lefteris many times, removed the keyboard.ini file a dozen times and callibrated the thrustmaster tca quadrant by the manufactors recommended procedure a dozen times also but still in the FSLabs input command menu there is no recognition of the throttequadrant. I can set the thrustlevers ok, but no recognition of the eng master switches, the brake, the trim and engine mode selector, they all worked perfectly fine before the last update, any ideas? Thanks in advance

Raymond

Daniel Lorenz

Hi, 

sometimes i got the issue that after engine starts and taxiing one of the engine can not used anymore and the Throttles won't work. Does anyone know this issue and can give me a tip how i can resolve this? 

Norman Blackburn

Hi Raymond,

We ask all users to have their Forum Name set to be their real first and last names.

Stu Antonio

Not a real pilot. 

My settings (FSUIPC): Null zones as small as possible. Slope elevator: 2. Slope Aileron: 7.

No idea how this compares to the real one but with this settings it feels quite nice to me, especially with the ailerons, which otherwise feel way to glider-style-responsive to me. But I'm also open to any "more scientific" suggestions by real world pilots.

Hai Zhu
8 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Not a real pilot. 

My settings (FSUIPC): Null zones as small as possible. Slope elevator: 2. Slope Aileron: 7.

No idea how this compares to the real one but with this settings it feels quite nice to me, especially with the ailerons, which otherwise feel way to glider-style-responsive to me. But I'm also open to any "more scientific" suggestions by real world pilots.

As my experence on LVLD sim, the Ailerons are much lighter than elevator, so I might set it in opposite, High slop on elevetor to somewhat "simulate" more stiff spring on elevator. As my understanding the T16kM have isotropy spring load.

I have switch from T16kM to VKB Gunfighter and it can get different spring to different axis, that feels much closer to the real (LDsim) thing.

Stu Antonio
58 minutes ago, Hai Zhu said:

As my experence on LVLD sim, the Ailerons are much lighter than elevator, so I might set it in opposite, High slop on elevetor to somewhat "simulate" more stiff spring on elevator. As my understanding the T16kM have isotropy spring load.

I have switch from T16kM to VKB Gunfighter and it can get different spring to different axis, that feels much closer to the real (LDsim) thing.

Very interesting.
My "problem" with the default aileron values are not primarily the sensitivity, but I always felt that there's inertia missing (you stop the input but the mass should keep going for a while). This impression is purely subjective and comes from my visual observations and "butt feel" of countless passenger flights. I find the plane's movements in the sim stop to quickly. When I set the ailerons without any slopes it feels like a small plane just stopping the roll instantly when I let go of the stick. This makes the approach very choppy/rocky/staccato, if you know what I mean. With a bigger slope I can fly much smoother turns and approach corrections/movements etc. 
It's just an personal feeling, as I said. But having to move the stick a little more just increases my impression that I'm flying 60t rather than a couple of hundred kilos.

I could be totally wrong here, but in the end, I'm trying to create an illusion for myself. A simulation. Even if we would have a way to get the perfect certified Airbus® setting for the TCA stick in combination with the FSLabs/P3D, if my personal fun, happiness, passion and satisfaction is greater with a different setting, then I will always go with that. Because that's what it's all about, right? :)

Still... always cool to get some professional real world insights.

Luca Toscani
On 3/31/2021 at 1:36 PM, Markos Papoutsidakis said:

For some reason I cannot see anywhere how to set the Thrustmaster Throttle buttons (Engine mode selector, Engine master etc) in the new version. They were there in the previous version . Do I miss something?

image.png.c961016ae122cde7016136fd093ea7de.png

so with the advent of all these key inputs I can also set the axis of the stick and the pedalboard from fslabs for fslabs without touching the p3d menu?

Stijn Van Dyck

Can someone tell me a realistic slope and null zone settings for the tca in fslabs roll axis and pitch axis?

Thanx!

TCA Input.png

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Topics Merged.
Stijn Van Dyck
12 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

There's an exact topic regarding this 2 posts below yours... 

Yes with no answer and they are started talking about another sidestick...

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Stijn Van Dyck said:

Yes with no answer

Yeah, it may take some for people to respond and it's not uncommon that people also share different views and experiences.
I'm not sure if opening an new thread with the same topic/question again will help.

Btw, I was still talking about the TCA sidestick. I admit, I took the discussion to a more "philosophical" view, but maybe someone will provide an answer in the end.

Massimo Fontana

Hi Guys

Maybe someone can help me as well, since yesterday I'm not able anymore to masterswitch Eng1 and Eng2 and change to CRANK or MODE Normal on my TCA Quadrant

All is up to date, settings looks like below:

1518829937_p3dsetting.thumb.jpg.8edd15d5d79403cb610184e209ee7190.jpg

Norman Blackburn
19 minutes ago, Stijn Van Dyck said:

Yes with no answer and they are started talking about another sidestick...

Topics merged

Lefteris Kalamaras
2 hours ago, Massimo Fontana said:

Hi Guys

Maybe someone can help me as well, since yesterday I'm not able anymore to masterswitch Eng1 and Eng2 and change to CRANK or MODE Normal on my TCA Quadrant

Why are you using the default settings, when the Input Controls dialog will auto-populate everything for you at startup? You do not need those Hotas keys, remove them all.

Trevor Hannant
3 hours ago, Massimo Fontana said:

Hi Guys

You only need those for the AS 'bus.   That said, I've got them setup for their A330 but I'm currently flying in the FSL A320 and they've not had any impact on my ability to start the engines (or the flight itself).   

Massimo Fontana

I deleted but still have the same issue

2 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Why are you using the default settings, when the Input Controls dialog will auto-populate everything for you at startup? You do not need those Hotas keys, remove them all.

Luca Toscani

i see that the two axes aren't so much aligned, so there's an engine that goes beyond the other but not from that much, how do you fix it?

Raymond van Os

High all, I tried everthing but still the throttle quadrant engine switches etc are not recognised by the fslabs logic after I updated to the latest version, throttle axis are fine but no support for the engine master switches, the crank and ignition switch, the landing gear switch, the autobreak switch as well as the rudder trim switch and the parking brake switch..... What am I missing?

Peter Hougardy

When I try to calibrate the spolier and flaps in the win10 Thrustmaster control panel they both jump from 0 to full - no steps? In FSUIPC they jump from -16xxxxx to +16xxxx. As a result I cannot complete the FSLabs setup. Quadrant Throttles and buttons are all ok.

Any suggestions to fix?

Many thanks,

Peter Hougardy

A_ndré_F_olkers

Well those setting should be the same as the preferred setting ;-) 16 and 20 and go from there?

Holger Teutsch

But where to enter 16 and 20 in FSlabs new config?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Holger Teutsch

I assume you use the Thrustmaster drivers? If not install them.

A_ndré_F_olkers
1 hour ago, Holger Teutsch said:

But where to enter 16 and 20 in FSlabs new config?emoji6.png

Well at the corresponding slope settings for roll and pitch axis ;)

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr

Hello,
I'm having massive problems setting up the TCA quadrant.
Once it works I can be sure that the next time I start it will not work anymore and I spend several hours setting everything up or I give up

I also made a video and I am hoping for a solution.
According to the control panel, both throttle levers work and I have the latest firmware installed.

What has never worked is from CL to Flex, so far it only went from TOGA to FLEX.

In video 1, pressure lever 1 and the second did not work
Prepar3d finished

Video 2
Prepar3d restarted
The settings no longer match at all, the same values are displayed.
Prepar3d finished
Video 3
Prepar3d restarted
and the thrust levers move differently again

I can't understand the whole thing

Edited by Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
translate
Stijn Van Dyck
17 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Well at the corresponding slope settings for roll and pitch axis ;)

16 and 20? In fsuipc you can set slope from -15 to 15... So 16 and 20? Where can i do that? And are we talking about 16 for roll or 16 for pitch? And in the fslabs config tool you can set null zone and slope. 2 different parameters...

A_ndré_F_olkers
2 hours ago, Stijn Van Dyck said:

16 and 20? In fsuipc you can set slope from -15 to 15... So 16 and 20? Where can i do that? And are we talking about 16 for roll or 16 for pitch? And in the fslabs config tool you can set null zone and slope. 2 different parameters...

Ailerons are a primary flight control surface which control movement about the longitudinal axis of an aircraft. This movement is referred to as "roll".

Pitch is obvious too (elevator) ;-)

Mark M Balagtas
On 3/31/2021 at 9:52 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

No, those are only available through the TCA quadrant for this update. I understand you might want to do this as more generally available but it wasn't part of this overhaul.

lefteries, I am still having issues concerning the master switches and selknob not working. thanks

Mark M Balagtas
On 4/4/2021 at 11:18 PM, Enrique Perez said:

Sorry Mark I havent seen your mail just until now, however Im happy you coud solved your issue as well

my issues with my master switches and selknob have come back... I am stuck between rage and desperation

Mark M Balagtas
On 4/5/2021 at 8:04 AM, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Raymond,

We ask all users to have their Forum Name set to be their real first and last names.

hello norman...any suggestion regarding the master switches and selknob not working after the latest update. I was able to make it work for 2 days and then it stopped working. I had followed manufacturers' and fslabs instructions but the switches and knob just stopped working. thanks

Norman Blackburn

Can you detail what you did, step by step please Mark.

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
18 hours ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

Hello,
I'm having massive problems setting up the TCA quadrant.
Once it works I can be sure that the next time I start it will not work anymore and I spend several hours setting everything up or I give up

I also made a video and I am hoping for a solution.
According to the control panel, both throttle levers work and I have the latest firmware installed.

What has never worked is from CL to Flex, so far it only went from TOGA to FLEX.

In video 1, pressure lever 1 and the second did not work
Prepar3d finished

Video 2
Prepar3d restarted
The settings no longer match at all, the same values are displayed.
Prepar3d finished
Video 3
Prepar3d restarted
and the thrust levers move differently again

I can't understand the whole thing

no solution for me?

A_ndré_F_olkers
47 minutes ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

no solution for me?

Of course there is a solution, to start with your calibration of the hardware which isn't correct ;-)

It should look like this when all levers are up and throttle levers at idle ;-)

Untitled-1.jpg

Steps to follow for calibration with the complete TCA set...

ok unplug then set the throttles to full reverse push the black right button and plug the cable in

Step 2 : push the throttle to full forward and the spoilers ret and flaps up

Step 3: push the two red buttons and gear handle up and down

Step 4: move the throttles to mct detent (next one) spoiler to 1/4 and flaps to 1

Step 5: push the two red buttons and gear handle up and down

Step 6: move the throttles to clb detent (next one) spoiler to 1/2 and flaps to 2

Step 7: push the two red buttons and gear handle up and down

Step 8: move the throttles to idle detent (next one) spoiler to 3/4 and flaps to 3

Step 9: push the two red buttons and gear handle up and down

Step 10: move spoiler to full and flaps to full

Step 11: gear handle up and down

Then confirm with pushing the two black buttons on the throttle simultaneous then unplug the usb cable

Remember FSlabs set the throttle at the correct position when the aircraft has power (GPU or APU or engines running)

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
1 minute ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Natürlich gibt es eine Lösung, um mit der Kalibrierung der Hardware zu beginnen, die nicht korrekt ist ;-)

Es sollte so aussehen, wenn alle Hebel hoch sind und die Hebel im Leerlauf drosseln ;-)

Ohne Titel-1.jpg

i can't do anything with the photo
if the lift is on TOGA, then it is completely green

In addition, every time I start Prepar3d and FSLABS, the TCA quadrant behaves differently.

A_ndré_F_olkers
Just now, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

i can't do anything with the photo
if the lift is on TOGA, then it is completely green

In addition, every time I start Prepar3d and FSLABS, the TCA quadrant behaves differently.

You have to reset all and start at the beginning...

1.) Uninstall the TCA drivers unplug your device(usb cable) reboot your PC

2.) install the new drivers and after that plug the USB cable in reboot your PC

3.) Follow the steps I described here above to calibrate your device...

4.) Make a screenshot from the TCA control panel and report back here for the next step ;-)

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
1 hour ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Sie müssen alle zurücksetzen und am Anfang beginnen ...

1.) Deinstallieren Sie die TCA-Treiber. Ziehen Sie den Stecker aus der Steckdose Ihres Geräts (USB-Kabel) und starten Sie Ihren PC neu

2.) Installieren Sie die neuen Treiber und schließen Sie anschließend das USB-Kabel an, um Ihren PC neu zu starten

3.) Befolgen Sie die oben beschriebenen Schritte, um Ihr Gerät zu kalibrieren ...

4.) Machen Sie einen Screenshot vom TCA-Bedienfeld und melden Sie sich hier für den nächsten Schritt zurück ;-)

ok, i have done that several times but it doesn't work with fslabs.
see photo
according to the control panel, both throttles work

1052365305_DesktopScreenshot2021_04.08-19_46_17_05.png

1581590053_DesktopScreenshot2021_04.08-19_45_42_16.png

99527917_DesktopScreenshot2021_04.08-19_45_05_84.png

1345752316_DesktopScreenshot2021_04.08-19_44_05_71.png

A_ndré_F_olkers
3 hours ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

ok, i have done that several times but it doesn't work with fslabs.
see photo
according to the control panel, both throttles work

Do you have only the TCA throttles or also the TCA addon (spoiler/flaps etc)?

Make sure you have selected two levers and reverse on stick ;-) Because based on your screenshot you have the setting not correct...

Plus I have five steps in the control panel see below ;-)

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Mark M Balagtas
On 4/4/2021 at 11:18 PM, Enrique Perez said:

hello enrique, how did you solve your detent issues using directinput? I am using the tca quadrant and my detent zones are totally whacked out inside fslabs' detent zones. any tips? thanks

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
15 hours ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Haben Sie nur die TCA-Drosseln oder auch das TCA-Addon (Spoiler / Klappen usw.)?

Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie zwei Hebel ausgewählt und auf dem Stick umgekehrt haben ;-) Weil Sie aufgrund Ihres Screenshots die Einstellung nicht korrekt haben ...

Außerdem habe ich fünf Schritte im Bedienfeld, siehe unten ;-)

Ohne Titel-1.jpg

Ohne Titel-2.jpg

after many attempts, the calibration does not take reverse into account. therefore it doesn't really work
  I looked at all the videos but without success.

I tried both variants, calibrated with reverse or without as described in the instructions.

at -1.00 should be reverse but that is with me when idling

A_ndré_F_olkers
1 hour ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

after many attempts, the calibration does not take reverse into account. therefore it doesn't really work
  I looked at all the videos but without success.

I tried both variants, calibrated with reverse or without as described in the instructions.

at -1.00 should be reverse but that is with me when idling

Wilhelm you have to take it a few steps slower to solve it... So forget P3D and FSlabs for a minute and first make sure that your hardware is correct calibrated.

So at this point I only care about your control panel is it similar to mine do you have the same 5 steps?

• Like 1
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
1 hour ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Wilhelm you have to take it a few steps slower to solve it... So forget P3D and FSlabs for a minute and first make sure that your hardware is correct calibrated.

So at this point I only care about your control panel is it similar to mine do you have the same 5 steps?

the hardware cannot be calibrated correctly

first variant:
Disconnect throttle from USB, lever all the way down (including reverse and both levers are connected)
press right button and plug in usb
lever all the way up and at each point (toga, flx,CL,  idle) press both red buttons
with IDLE press both black buttons and disconnect USB

second varinate:
as described above but after IDLE I press both red buttons with reverse or when the lever is all the way down and then press both black buttons and disconnect usb
all without success

A_ndré_F_olkers
10 minutes ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

the hardware cannot be calibrated correctly

first variant:
Disconnect throttle from USB, lever all the way down (including reverse and both levers are connected)
press right button and plug in usb
lever all the way up and at each point (toga, flx, idle) press both red buttons
with IDLE press both black buttons and disconnect USB

second varinate:
as described above but after IDLE I press both red buttons with reverse or when the lever is all the way down and then press both black buttons and disconnect usb
all without success

You have the following steps TOGA/ MCT-FLEX/ CLB /IDLE ? You describe three steps it are four...

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
8 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Sie haben die folgenden Schritte TOGA / MCT / CLB / IDLE? Sie beschreiben drei Schritte, es sind vier ...

yes, I also calibrated cl
forgot to write about it
i changed my contribution