How to setup TCA Quadrant v151

Markos Papoutsidakis

Markos Papoutsidakis
37 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

The new input controls logic in v151 is greatly expanded, so I would advise that you follow that logic instead.

For some reason I cannot see anywhere how to set the Thrustmaster Throttle buttons (Engine mode selector, Engine master etc) in the new version. They were there in the previous version . Do I miss something?

image.png.c961016ae122cde7016136fd093ea7de.png

• Like 2
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_ndré_F_olkers

• Wilhelm Zwirchmayr

• Mark M Balagtas

• Enrique Perez

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys- do me a favor - stop and exit Prepar3D, rename your FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file, found in the FSLabs subfolder of where you installed the FSLabs aircraft (default would be c:\users\<yourname&

+1 Same for me I can't assign the Parking Brake anymore.

For some reason I cannot see anywhere how to set the Thrustmaster Throttle buttons (Engine mode selector, Engine master etc) in the new version. They were there in the previous version . Do I miss som

Posted Images

Lefteris Kalamaras

Guys-

do me a favor - stop and exit Prepar3D, rename your FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file, found in the FSLabs subfolder of where you installed the FSLabs aircraft (default would be c:\users\<yourname>\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs) and start Prepar3D again. It should recreate the file and the TCA quadrant should now be properly detected.

Thanks,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Alexander Polcher

I've just deleted the shown .ini file and restarted P3D.

But I couldn't see any changes in regards to my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog.

Lefteris Kalamaras
Just now, Alexander Polcher said:

I've just deleted the shown .ini file and restarted P3D.

But I couldn't see any changes in regards to my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog.

What changes do you expect to see? The automatic detection only concerns the Thrustmaster A320 Pilot sidestick and TCA Quadrant.

Alexander Polcher

I was expecting to assign the Parking Brake again after it was possible in the previous version?

Markos Papoutsidakis
1 minute ago, Alexander Polcher said:

I was expecting to assign the Parking Brake again after it was possible in the previous version?

Actually, it is the parking brake, the gear, the master swithces, the engine mode selector , the rudder trim.. etc. (All the buttons of the TCA Quadrant).

Lefteris Kalamaras
3 minutes ago, Alexander Polcher said:

No, those are only available through the TCA quadrant for this update. I understand you might want to do this as more generally available but it wasn't part of this overhaul.

• Like 1
Markos Papoutsidakis
1 minute ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

No, those are only available through the TCA quadrant for this update. I understand you might want to do this as more generally available but it wasn't part of this overhaul.

Just to mention that they were part of the previous version. Now removed.

Alexander Polcher

I was expeting that those features remain available.

Besides I am really confident with this update and happy, it's sad to not have those previously available features anymore.

Thanks for sharing this information!

Lefteris Kalamaras
Just now, Markos Papoutsidakis said:

Just to mention that they were part of the previous version. Now removed.

Yes, I am aware. The reason is that the behavior was unique to the TCA - other inputs weren't properly fitting into that logic so they were assigned only if the TCA was found.

• Like 1
davidzill
4 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Guys-

do me a favor - stop and exit Prepar3D, rename your FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file, found in the FSLabs subfolder of where you installed the FSLabs aircraft (default would be c:\users\<yourname>\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs) and start Prepar3D again. It should recreate the file and the TCA quadrant should now be properly detected.

Thanks,

Worked like a charm. I had to re-adjust my detent settings (TM TCA Quadrant), was just curious, is the FSlabs control interface better than the default P3D controller settings? The reason I ask is I was able to get both levers to settle into the detents symmetrically without any null zone using the FSlabs control options.  

Chris Thiel

Hi All,

I have a little problem with setting up the TCA Quadrant since updating to the latest version. I want to only use trottle Axis one for both engines (single trottle configuration). Therefore i have to remot trottle axis 2 from the input commands configuration page. This works fine after initial removal of trottle axis 2.

The curiuos thing is that:

- after removing trottle axis 2 from the input commands page, the the pedal disconnect button setting (on TCA sidestick) is not working any more. If it set button again, the trottle axis 2 works again, even though i have removed it.

- after reloading the sim and the bus the trottle axis 2 is also set back again, even though i have removed it via the input commands configuration page.

Any guess how i can set a single trottle configuration for both engines without the described effects?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Chris

Mark M Balagtas

my tca quadrant engine master switches 1 & 2 and the crank/IGN/Start button stopped working properly. I can switch the engine master switches to on but I can't switch them off. While the crank/ign/start button doesn't work at all...

Norman Blackburn
26 minutes ago, Mark M Balagtas said:

my tca quadrant engine master switches 1 & 2 and the crank/IGN/Start button stopped working properly. I can switch the engine master switches to on but I can't switch them off. While the crank/ign/start button doesn't work at all...

Mark M Balagtas
25 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I did this and nothing happened...

Mark M Balagtas
12 hours ago, davidzill said:

Worked like a charm. I had to re-adjust my detent settings (TM TCA Quadrant), was just curious, is the FSlabs control interface better than the default P3D controller settings? The reason I ask is I was able to get both levers to settle into the detents symmetrically without any null zone using the FSlabs control options.  

are your engine master switches and crank/ign/start button working?

Holger Teutsch

Any opinions out there (best: of real world pilots) about null/slope settings for the TCA stick in FSLab's new axis configuration?

davidzill
19 hours ago, Mark M Balagtas said:

are your engine master switches and crank/ign/start button working?

Yes

Mark M Balagtas
1 hour ago, davidzill said:

Yes

what did you do? There's a few of us having issues with it in V4

Daniel Lorenz
2 hours ago, Mark M Balagtas said:

what did you do? There's a few of us having issues with it in V4

I was asked by Prepar v4 if I will use the config. 

Enrique Perez

Good day to everybody,

First at all I would like to thank all FSLABS team for the new update released.However,since I installed it Im facing several issues to establish a proper DETENT ZONES set up in the TCA Quadrant, especifically with the position of the thrust levers from IDLE to CL, Im messing around with the Null zones, sensitivity...but Im lost.

The main issue is that  from the position of IDLE, if I move the thrust levers just a 15% of the gap between the phisical mark at the quadrant rom IDLE to CL, at the sim the thrust levers jump to CL directly, so I continue moving the levers the remaining 85% until I reach in the quadrant the mark of Cl with no effect on the figures of the detent zones.(I attached some pictures for more clarification)

I appreciate you support in this matter

Thanks in advance

Enrique

1) IDLE

a)idle TCA

b)idle MCDU

c)idle input commands

1) CL WRONG 

a)TCA climb wrong

b)CL wrong position MCDU

c)CL wrong position input commands

1) CL RIGHT

a)CL right position TCA

b)CL right position MCDU

c)CL right position Input commands

Cl right position TCA input commands.jpg

CL right position TCA MCDU.jpg

CL right position TCA.jpg

CL WRONG POSITION INPUT COMMANDS.jpg

CL WRONG POSITION MCDU.jpg

IDLE INPUT COMMANDS.jpg

269541459_IDLEMCDU.png

IDLE TCA.jpg

TCA CLIMB WRONG.jpg

Enrique Perez

Sorry, I forgot to mention also that when I move the TCA  sidestick, only it moves on the copilt seat at sim, in the left seat no movement at sim however there PFD shows the fd movement and also the plane respond, just a visual point.

Thanks

Enrique

Lefteris Kalamaras
1 minute ago, Enrique Perez said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention also that when I move the TCA  sidestick, only it moves on the copilt seat at sim, in the left seat no movement at sim however there PFD shows the fd movement and also the plane respond, just a visual point.

That's correct behavior. Depending on the sidestick configuration (there's a little switch at the bottom of the hardware), it is detected as 'pilot' or 'copilot' and assigned to the appropriate side. Your responsibility is then to select through MCDU OPTIONS which seat you're flying as, and if that's not correct, reassign as appropriate through the Input Controls dialog.

Lefteris Kalamaras
51 minutes ago, Enrique Perez said:

The main issue is that  from the position of IDLE, if I move the thrust levers just a 15% of the gap between the phisical mark at the quadrant rom IDLE to CL, at the sim the thrust levers jump to CL directly, so I continue moving the levers the remaining 85% until I reach in the quadrant the mark of Cl with no effect on the figures of the detent zones.(I attached some pictures for more clarification)

Before you do anything in the sim, make sure you have calibrated the thrust levers as described in the Thrustmaster web site - that process should take you 5-10 minutes and ensure that both levers are set properly.

Once that's done, backup and rename your FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file, found in the FSLabs installed folder, so the logic can create a new one with the TCA found.

After that, follow the process as described in our manuals on how to set the levers up etc.

Let me know how that goes.

Enrique Perez

I followed all the steps from Thustmaster  web in order to set up the levers

1. Update firmware
  2. Thrustmaster Flight control properties checked

I still have issues with the detent zones between Idle and Cl

I appreciate your advice

Enrique

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Enrique Perez said:

Just a doubt ..how to backup and rename FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file

well you just rename it to like .ini.bak for example. alternatively you can make a copy and save it on your desktop screen. and then delete the one in the folder.

Koen Meier

essentially you want to ensure that a new one is generated. however how you do this can be done two ways. one way is to rename the file and keep it in the folder. the other is to make a copy and place that outside the folder in a save location like the desktop.

Enrique Perez

Thanks Koen for the info, Im trying to fix this issue related to the detent zones, let see what I can do

Timothe Lorenzo

Hello Enrique,

I was in a similar situation as yours.
In addition to the steps you've followed, here are the setting I have defined in the MCDU options DETENT Setting page.

Eventhough my TCA is brand new from today I have a discrepancy between THR 1 and 2.
Therefore I had to "tweak the FWD IDLE" parameters.

All the best and hoping it works for you. :-)
Kind regards.
Tim

1241568692_DetentSettingsLeverONE.thumb.jpg.19e8e41836395dd8380d6ab8fb404287.jpg1812152605_DetentSettingsLeverTWO.thumb.jpg.904b990e1966da8e40b1f9b0d1df0678.jpg

Simon Schwenke

Hi everyone,

my first post on this forums despite flying the FSLabs Airbuses since last autumn. I have nothing but positive things to say about the products. They amaze me every time.

Only this time I seem to have trouble to get my master switches and the engine selector knob working. I have followed all the instructions given on this forum, including un-installing the drivers, re-installing them and calibrating the TCA quadrant. I also renamed the keyboard ini several times. I had a small progress step with the last step as the TCA quadrant was finally visible in the FSLabs input settings in P3D5.

Yet, the master switches/engine selector knob still do not work. They do work in Thrustmasters UI within the Windows 10 joystick calibration, i.e. the highlight when switching. Just to make sure that I always use the loading state "on GPU" to check, as I read that only the powered up bus will initialize the controls.

I also check whether any axis' were assigned automatically in P3D5 settings, but nothing there. What makes me curious is that within the FSLabs input settings, ALL buttons are set correctly, even for the addons which I do not posses (I only have the TCA sidestick and throttle quadrant).

So, did I oversee something or could someone help me?

Thanks!

Simon

Mark M Balagtas
8 hours ago, Enrique Perez said:

Thanks Koen for the info, Im trying to fix this issue related to the detent zones, let see what I can do

As to the detent zones...I use raw input and I got it right. My problem is how to get the master switches and ignition knob to work

Enrique Perez

Problem resolved, the calibration of the quadrant was not done properly as per manufacturer instruction and this was affecting the detent zones, small details made my life difficult yesterday.

Thanks all for your support

Enrique

Mark M Balagtas
7 hours ago, Enrique Perez said:

Problem resolved, the calibration of the quadrant was not done properly as per manufacturer instruction and this was affecting the detent zones, small details made my life difficult yesterday.

Thanks all for your support

Enrique

Would you mind sharing how you did it? Are your master switches and ignition knob working, too?

Arunit Mukherjee

Hi,

The input command diaglog box is getting cut. I am not able to see the right portion of the diaglog box. Using 2k monitor

Cesar gutierrez

Hello , to all .

I am looking for the panel options to config the sitwiches on the FSLABS options bar . but i dont see for the master levers and the ignition , any idea how to config with the nnew version?.151

Mark M Balagtas

My issues have been resolved. FSLABS prompt recommended direct input when you start the bus but detents were off. I've found that if i use raw input, I will be able to get my detent zones right. As for the master switches and ignition knob, I made sure I have power in aircraft and they actually work prior to engine start. Did my first flight with the latest update and it was a big improvement, the bus flies so smoothly...

Now, can't wait to get my hands on the sharkeys and concorde