New hardware interface in today release

Jean-Claude Bailly

Jean-Claude Bailly

Thank you for your constant product improvements!

One question regarding this latest release and the new complete hardware interface (I did not download the update yet), will it be mandatory to use, or, for those of us using FSUIPC successfully, can we keep our existing FSUIPC hardware setup? Thank you to clarify.

Lefteris Kalamaras

The Hardware Interface is for Skalarki hardware users. Obviously anything outside that is unsupported.

Lefteris Kalamaras

or are you talking about the new Input Controls logic? That is designed to be used as our preferred method, but FSUIPC (or native P3D) interfacing to joysticks is still available, just not in a dual control sense.

Jean-Claude Bailly

That was the second option, my wording was incorrect. Thank you for the clarification. I now understand FSUIPC is still a possibility.

Caio Ramirez

Hi, I'd also like to thanks FS Labs team for the great job you're doing! Looking foward for the Sharklets expansion!

Well, after installing the update, my joystick (SideWinder Force Feedback 2) became "sluggish". When loading a flight with a FSL Airbus, the joystick won't return to its neutral position after an input (roll/pitch axis only), but upon opening "Inputs Command menu" in P3D Add-ons menu, it works normally, like it always worked, very similar to a real Airbus sidestick. However, when using other aircrafts, my joystick become sluggish again. Looks like something has changed the default joystick interface.

How can I have the P3D native joystick interface again? 

Thanks!

Regards

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello Caio,

if you are talking about default P3D input control handling (i.e. NOT through our Input Controls dialog settings), then it's something else causing the issue, not us - we only ADDED functionality for our own aircraft titles, we do not affect or touch any default or FSUIPC settings.