Announcing... The A320!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Lefteris Kalamaras

Following the March 2010 release of the highly acclaimed Concorde-X, we are very pleased to announce our next project will be the A320 commercial jet airliner. The A320, currently under development, will be the first release of FSLabs’ “A3xx Master Series” line of products for Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

The FSLabs A320 will include an entirely custom animated external model, a complete 2D panel set and a fully immersive 3D virtual cockpit, allowing the flight simulator pilot an in-depth experience of this very popular aircraft.

Additional planned features for the FSLabs A320 include a robust Flight Management and Guidance System (FMGS) with proper SID/STAR tracking; lateral and vertical flight management which follows the ARINC 424-19 specification in full detail; the entire range of aircraft systems; and the complete custom Fly-By-Wire implementation featured in the actual aircraft. The FSLabs A320 will be the pinnacle of simulation fidelity in add-on aircraft for Microsoft FSX and will reach a broad market ranging from the beginner in glass cockpit airliners to the simulation expert who wishes to enjoy a virtual environment that is unparalleled in the desktop simulation world.

We will be posting more information as development progresses, so watch this space!

(Here's a little preview courtesy of our graphics and art department :) )

George Marinakis

An exciting announcement! Good luck to everyone at FSLabs on this next project. Finally, a quality A320 addon.

Charan Kumar

So, it is an Airbus!!! And I like the sound of 'A3XX Master series'. Good luck to the team, and given your success with Concorde-X I know what to expect.

Cheers!!

Captain Mucura

It was time to have a serious fsx aircraft modeler to present us some serious indepth modern Airbus. Aerosoft decided for a lighter approach and airsimmer seems to go nowhere (since the last post I read from them they where trying to learn OOP programming...). Simcheck seems to be in the top list of the best modelers but they decided to reproduce an old model, by the way, a superb 'replica'. I bought the Concorde and I am quite impressed by the FlightSimLabs work. Hope you keep the standards. Good Luck in your new chalenge!

Mucurinha.

Guest Paul Smith

Hi Mucurinha:

Thanks for the kind words. Here at The Labs we believe that bars are set to be raised ;) I think you'll be loving the bus :)

Cheers

Smiffy

Quick question what are your plans with this A320 you looking to make it easy for people to use or going to be making a real complex system, that airsimmers are trying to do now?

Guest Paul Smith

Hi Dan

From the press release above

The FSLabs A320 will be the pinnacle of simulation fidelity in add-on aircraft for Microsoft FSX and will reach a broad market ranging from the beginner in glass cockpit airliners to the simulation expert who wishes to enjoy a virtual environment that is unparalleled in the desktop simulation world

Cheers

Smiffy

First of all, great news and good luck with project!

I have a question:

The A3XX is a huge family, is there any ETA or progress of the first release, the A320?

Thanks

Regards

abdullah aljowie

So its true paul ur profile pic is from the A320 :P ..... FANTASTIC NEWS !!!!

thank you all

Wow, I must say that's quick to jump in the project. I am aware though that Aerosoft is just about to release their A320/321 package. Is it wise to compete for the same aircraft with them? Not saying it's not possible, but from their beta release it looked like aerosoft had everything down and ready for that bird. Just a thought, looking forward to project progress.

Hopefully it's the most realistic bus made for sim ever. I'm looking forward to this one. Will there be more variants than just the A320? Meaning 18, 19, 21 and so. :)

I'm new in here... Got the SSTSIM way back, but didn't buy this one though. Most likely I'll buy this bus if it's the same quality as your Concorde is in the sysytems depth.

Craig Sells

This is very good news!

After reading the announcement.... there is no doubt It will be a quality indepth simulation. Really, Really looking forward to this one :D

Wow, I must say that's quick to jump in the project. I am aware though that Aerosoft is just about to release their A320/321 package. Is it wise to compete for the same aircraft with them? Not saying it's not possible, but from their beta release it looked like aerosoft had everything down and ready for that bird. Just a thought, looking forward to project progress.

Hi,

Aerosoft is about to adress the non hardcore-simmers, and also the non 2D-panel-users, their Airbus will "only" have a VC. There might be a customer-base of course but since i am a die-hard-simmer i am really looking forward to a complete simulation with all the bells and whistles.

Best

Holger

Craig Sells

It seems you are comparing "mud" with "custard"...... although both may stick, they have a distinctly different taste

an analogy you understand ;)

Guest Paul Smith

Hi Guys:

I'll try and answer some of these questions....

First of all, great news and good luck with project!

I have a question:

The A3XX is a huge family, is there any ETA or progress of the first release, the A320?

Thanks

Regards

Sorry, but we don't give ETA's or Release dates. Far too many variables that will only disappoint people if we miss the deadlines. I'm sure you understand :)

Paul, this is sweet!

Have you been doing this project for a long time or just new?

It's been worked on for a while now.... That's all i'm sayin :)

Hopefully it's the most realistic bus made for sim ever. I'm looking forward to this one. Will there be more variants than just the A320? Meaning 18, 19, 21 and so. :)

I'm new in here... Got the SSTSIM way back, but didn't buy this one though. Most likely I'll buy this bus if it's the same quality as your Concorde is in the sysytems depth.

From the press release

The A320, currently under development, will be the first release of FSLabs’ “A3xx Master Series” line of products for Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

Cheers all, and thank you for your interest

Smiffy

Mark Richards

Excellent news Team, looking forward to watching the development of this addon with interest.

As a card carrying member of Payware Anonymous, I look forward to having her in my hanger... Now yet another excuse to try to get FSX meeting my strict performance criteria!

Good luck everyone.

Mark

Cuddly1956

At last a proven developer comes to the rescue of fsx simmers, or sinners.

The possibilities are endless.

John

Sorry, but we don't give ETA's or Release dates. Far too many variables that will only disappoint people if we miss the deadlines. I'm sure you understand :)

Of course, thanks for the reply!

Cheers

Dave Taylor

Well I would like to say a big thank you for not only this great news but more importantly, the texture fix that has made my FSX a useable sim.

Lefteris, your the tops mate and your work is brilliantly addictive.

Thanks again. looking forward to your A320. If it's half as good as the Concorde X it will be fantastic.

Emanuel Hagen

A little question about the Airbus: Why did you choose the A320 for this project? Why not the A330, or the A340-500 for example?

(I'm just asking, because i'm wondering how much A320 Family-members are on the market, and that there's no well simulated A330/340. And please don't tell the companys name which beginn with "W" now!)

Ian Marsh

I found out about this by reading it on another flightsim forum that I have been a member of for a few years. So decided to join the forum here too. I can not tell you how much I am looking forward to this coming out. FSX has been crying out for a fully realistic A320 for years and its now going to happen. There are many excellent quality aircraft for FSX and some of them I own, but never an Airbus. Guys I can not thank you enough for making this happen. I wish you the very best of luck with creating this aircraft and I am sure you will deliver us a magnificent product. B)

Ian Marsh

I think that the A3xx are successors of the Concorde in the real world.

I hope a truly real FlyByWire which has not been realized even by now in the sim world.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

acezboy561

Can you guys give us a rough idea on how long development has been going for? Also do you think it will be released at the end of 2010 or in 2011??

cockpitpassion.fr

Hello, congratulations for your choice of the A320. Any team cockpitpassion and myself as a builder A320 cockpit in France (North) are happy for this new simmers. Good work to all your team. Cheers for the tested

The Director of cockpitpassion

Jean Michel Bresson

Hornetdriver

:lol:

Just found that announcement and need to say that, very much appreciated. Sounds very promising. Keep the pace and your time.

Hopefully and for sure we won't see announced Airbus Simulations which will be put on ice before before release. ;)

FlyingFalcon

Hopefully it won't be like the default Airbus A321 in FSX... I'm sure it won't! :P

Joao.Sparky

Hi to all

First time on this forum, get here from an annmouncement in another Flight Simulator forum, and so far I feel enthusiastic.

Beeing an Airline Ground Enginner, I'm also curious to see how far you will go with this A320.

The FSLabs A320 will be the pinnacle of simulation fidelity in add-on aircraft for Microsoft FSX...

As Lefteries says, it will be the pinnacle of simulation fidelity, so here are the questions:

On the A320 family, during flight, in case of electrical total failure the RAT (Ram Air Turbine) will be deployed to generate hydraulic power (from blue hydraulic system) which by it's turn will make the stand-by generator produce electrical power to a small part of the aircraft electrical circuits.

On the air conditioning system, the "ditching" switch will do anything? (close all openings on the fuselage below the water line)

In case of an engine fire, after releasing the fire switch, the engine spools down until it stops, at the same time, the squib light will illuminate to allow the discharge of the extinguish agent. There will be an effect to that?

As I mentioned above, I'm curious to see what will come from you. I have seen and tested other Airbus from other developers, but there is always something missing.

The last glitch for example is related to the sound of the fan blades, when the engine is windmilling and the "mid-spans" hit each others.

Sorry for the long post.

Regards

Aurelien Vandoorine

That is definitely a great news, I've been on the ET for AirSimmer, for well more than a year I guess can't even remeber when it started, and from public announcement there is nothing near from the FSX version. So I'm really happy that after the Concorde come the A320. I feel there are still to be good Airbus sim for Flight Simulator, while there are so many great Boeing Add ons. I'd wish to get to do some beta testing though I'm not sure I would be that interesting just being an enthousiast, and not having any kind of extensive knowledge of this aircraft.

I've just two small questions and quick one which I guess wont be answered right now, but might turned into ideas ;)

First is to know if you plan on having some kind of programmable interface for the plane, which would allow for example a great addon like FS2Crew to be done for this plane, without using any kind of tricks, and that it could work as well as with the MD-80.

Second is from that MD-80, would you consider some kind of random failure generator, I found that feature very nice, with threshold for how long there would be between simple small troubles like an electric generator failing, minor problems like maybe an hydraulic system failure, to major problems like complete engine failure. I just feel it is though I can't be sure of it, a not too complex thing to create and adds some realism to the flight. Of course threshold should not be to low, but I think every liner pilot gets some troubles, or errors from time to time. And I think a beautiful complex aircraft like that deserve to have this. I just think it would be too hard for the Concorde though because of the normal 3 men crew, but would be probably manageable on this kind of Aircraft, as well as give some opportunities to get to experience the three controls law maybe.

Anyway I'll be following closely, and hope you'll share some bit of information and visuals from time to time during the project.

Cheers.

Aurelien

"The A320, currently under development, will be the first release of FSLabs’ “A3xx Master Series” line of products for Microsoft Flight Simulator X."

So there will be an A330 and A340 too? Maybe even an A380?

Great news team and considering the fate of the existing Airbuses (Airbusii? :rolleyes: ) I wish you all the luck in the world, I'm sure you will pull it off though.

Lefterist, have you spoken to your mates at PMDG about this ;)B)

One request, tone down it's impact on performance a bit, Concorde is a bit heavy on my system and would probably struggle flying on line.

• Lefteris Kalamaras unpinned this topic