Dynamic reflections with/without TrueSky

Luke Hall

Hi,

In P3d V5, I have found that my dynamic reflections are almost non-existent with TrueSky turned off. With TrueSky on, the overall quality of the lighting is 100% better and the dynamic reflections really pop with depth and clarity. Turned off, surfaces look flat and lifeless. With TrueSky on, the overall colour saturation and contrast is really nice but turned off, everything looks washed out and dull.

Does TrueSky fundamentally alter the image processing, or, is there something messed up with my sim? 

Aside, I am using HDR but find that this does not seem to effect the over all problem. I have dynamic reflections at maximum.

It's a problem for me because I don't really want to use TrueSky because I hate the clouds! 

off.jpg

on.jpg

Sabine Meier

Doesn’t make sense as truesky aka enhanced atmospheric doesn’t change the dynamic reflections.  The only thing truesky does are the clouds, sky and hdr being automatically turned on.

3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Doesn’t make sense as truesky aka enhanced atmospheric doesn’t change the dynamic reflections.  The only thing truesky does are the clouds, sky and hdr being automatically turned on.

Exactly what I thought. I was just looking back as some of my old screenshots from P3D V4.5 and I was stunned by the difference in the lighting quality. My V4.5 shots look lovely compared to my V5 shots. I get the feeling something is messed up...

Hmmm... I have just tried turning dynamic reflections off in both TS and non-TS settings and it made no effect - meaning that dynamic reflections remained ON whatever the setting in the graphics menu. I have also noticed that the brightness setting is having no effect in HDR mode.

It looks like I'm heading for a complete uninstall/re-install as this behaviour seems to be completely unexplainable. I'm really hoping someone here can shed some light on this before I spend another week of evenings rebuilding my sim :-(