CAT3DESIGN A320 Plug-and-Play TILLER and LANDING GEAR LEVER MODULE now available!!

Nobby Fukui

Nobby Fukui

Hi FSL users

If you are after a quality A320 tiller handle and landing gear lever module head to Cat3design.com.

Use promo code FSLFAN at checkout for 15% off discount! Only until 31 Mar 2021.

Cheers and happy steering!

Nobby

P3111271.JPG

• Like 2
  • Nobby Fukui changed the title to CAT3DESIGN A320 Plug-and-Play TILLER and LANDING GEAR LEVER MODULE now available!!
Nobby Fukui

Upon receipt of a some feedback, we have decided to improve the aesthetic aspect of the tiller unit (namely the screws that protrude out of the casing). 

Stay tuned!

• Thanks 2
Nobby Fukui

Alright folks,

Thanks for those who have made their purchase!

As mentioned in my previous post, the new look Tiller and Tiller Plus will have far less screws visible on the outside and I do hope it'll be more pleasing to the eyes.

Also to note is a major price drop on both models until the end of this month. Remember to use the promo code FSLFAN to get a further 15% off.

Happy taxiing!

newdesigne.jpg

• Thanks 1
Nobby Fukui
50 minutes ago, Luis Landa said:

Hi Nobby, is there a f/o side?

Hi there Luis

Not yet - I need to suss out the demand first. For now you need an instant upgrade to 4 stripes! But if there are others who want the FO unit I’d love to know though.

Nobby Fukui

Awesome I will consider it in the near future. Technically not that hard to do :)

Here’s a comparison with the real one I took today

333C7B94-769F-464F-8FE2-84C4F469E246.jpeg

• Thanks 2
Zachary Kerr

2 quick comments:

1.  I can’t believe u brought that w/ you into the flight-deck. You are incredible.....a real legend. 

2.  I’ve been looking for a reasonably priced high quality plug and play tiller for a long time.....and it seems i found it. This thing is amazing. I literally just bought one. Can’t wait for it to arrive. As mentioned in #1, u are a legend. It’s guys like you who make this hobby so incredible (the FSLabs labs team too). Keep up the great work!

• Like 1
Nobby Fukui
5 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

I’ll be upgrading to the Thrustmaster Warthog so my throttle will be on my left. I would also be interested in a FO version.

Seeing that there's a high enough demand for it, I am looking into the FO edition. If there are others interested, LIKE this comment please.

• Like 5
Nobby Fukui
4 hours ago, Zachary Kerr said:

1.  I can’t believe u brought that w/ you into the flight-deck. You are incredible.....a real legend.

I hope the pic shows what the real one looks like and how it's situated in relation to the sidestick. By using our T16000/TCA clamp system the positional relationship of the sidestick and the tiller will be pretty well the same as the real arrangement. You'll feel it right away the (almost) perfect ergonomic you'll find in the real bus.

2.  I’ve been looking for a reasonably priced high quality plug and play tiller for a long time.....and it seems i found it. This thing is amazing. I literally just bought one. Can’t wait for it to arrive. As mentioned in #1, u are a legend. It’s guys like you who make this hobby so incredible (the FSLabs labs team too). Keep up the great work!

Thanks for your purchase and support Zachary. I agree, the level of realism FSL offers is simply beyond comprehension, even to an average line pilot. I'm working around the clock to get the orders out as quickly as possible.

Stu Antonio

This looks awesome.
+1 for the FO version.

And one (maybe dumb) question: Is the housing this big because of the mechanics inside or is it due to stability/ergonomics? i would love a more compact, desktop-friendly version... 

• Thanks 1
Nobby Fukui
9 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Thisblooks awesome.
+1 for the FO version.

And one (maybe dumb) question: Is the housing this big because of the mechanics inside or is it due to stability/ergonomics? i would love a more compact, desktop-friendly version... 

No such thing as a dumb question :) The size of it, is owing to all of the factors you mentioned. It might look a bit big on the picture but it's really not that bigger than the base of a typical joystick.

IMG_2821.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Danny Moore

Well I changed my mind on the Trustmaster Warthog. With my current desk setup and I tried it and just couldn't get use to it from a left seat position on which my current setup is based. It's nice equipment but doesn't work for me currently. I use the Ace 737 yoke for Boeings and the left configured T.16000M for my Airbus flying. I'm just use to operating the throttles from my right hand and yoke/stick from the left.

Now that is out of the way I can revisit looking at getting the Tiller. Has anyone received one yet? I'm interested in how the FSLabs responds to it. Currently I use my MFG Crosswind for steering the FSLabs. Any chance of getting a video of the tiller on operation? User reviews or videos would help me decided if I'm going to make a $200+ US investment. 

Nobby Fukui
12 hours ago, HAROUN KHAN said:

This comes with usb cable and instructions for programming, pls let me know I am about to purchase one. Thanks

It does come with a USB cable. It is a plug and play device and as such you can easily set it up by using the standard windows joystick setup.

I intend to upload a demonstration video soon.

Provided you set it up correctly for FSL A320, tiller angle as read on the physical tiller angle indicator (at the base of the tiller handle) will almost exactly match the one in the virtual world as you steer (eg 10°, 30°, 50° )

11 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

Now that is out of the way I can revisit looking at getting the Tiller. Has anyone received one yet? I'm interested in how the FSLabs responds to it. Currently I use my MFG Crosswind for steering the FSLabs. Any chance of getting a video of the tiller on operation? User reviews or videos would help me decided if I'm going to make a $200+ US investment. 

Luckily it’s been tested extensively using FSL, T16000 and MFG Crosswind rudder which happens to be my personal setup also. The realism of “blending” of rudder and tiller input as you exit a high speed exit can’t be beat!

• Like 2
Danny Moore

I'll be placing an order later today. Just waiting on my bank to approve AUD purchases. 

Update, order placed. I look forward to adding it to my sim. 

• Like 1
Nobby Fukui
17 hours ago, Andrew Slater said:

Hi Nobby,

Both items look great. How is the gear lever interfaced and programmed in FSL? 

Cheers,

Andrew

Heya Andrew

Glad you like them.

They are both simple USB joystick devices. The landing gear lever panel has two button input (UP and DOWN). A full lever movement will activate one of the buttons at the end of leverf travel. Everything is made to correct dimensions from the anti-dust brushes right down to the electrical contact point "cross" (it's blue in the production model as in the real one).

There is NO back lighting as with the tiller module. The panel is laser etched for crisp clear symbol edges.

The pull force to unlock the lever feels just like the real thing. As with the real thing it doesn't allow you to leave the lever in an arbitrary position. The lever will always home to the closest end upon release.

As for the setup, you just assign the two input on either P3D (or any other sim) or FSUIPC and you are done. It feel fantastic when using it along side some sort of physical throttle quadrant (I use throttletek A320 quadrant)

Andrew Slater

Thanks for all the info, Nobby. 

Have just placed an order for the gear lever - looking forward to trying it! 

Andrew

• Thanks 1
Brandon Lin

This product definitely needs a push 

1. it works just like on real A320 

2. If you're really looking for control/handling like real aircraft with limited budget, this is definitely a GO! and works perfect with FSLabs software interface 

3. Amazing quick support from Capt. Nobby and surprising fast shipping (I received within 3 days all the way from Australia to Taiwan)

Personally, I'm not really looking for building a home cockpit but a simplified training devices I can practice at home

with the released of Thrustmaster Airbus edition is almost perfect but the Axis-Z for Sidestick doesn't work well and unlike taxing the real aircraft

so, I keep looking for a tiller but most of them is just over my budget. until Cat3design released it. I was asking for FO side tiller as well, but it still works like a charm.

(because basically all you hold is the center part of the tiller, so it wouldn't really matter for the side of handle, at least that's how I taxi in real aircraft) 

here's short video clip of me taxing around Narita right after unboxing

tiller.png

• Like 4
Zachary Kerr

Thanks for the video Brandon. I ordered the tiller a few weeks back....haven’t received it yet so i am really happy to hear your first impressions match my expectations. If you don’t mind me asking, how long ago did you order it?  I’m curious to know how much longer i need to wait before it shows up. 

• Like 1
Nobby Fukui

FO tillers are now available for Pre-Order for those who want to steer from the right hand seat. Just finalizing the CAD drawing and mechanical parts production particulars (it's not just flipping everything horizontally as there are some commonly used internal parts that are orientated the same way as the CAPT tiller).

Select FO tiller (with or without the 4-way switch) in the option drop down menu in our shop to pre-order.

Product to be shipped early May 2021

founit.jpg

• Like 3
Brandon Lin
On 4/3/2021 at 12:40 AM, Zachary Kerr said:

Thanks for the video Brandon. I ordered the tiller a few weeks back....haven’t received it yet so i am really happy to hear your first impressions match my expectations. If you don’t mind me asking, how long ago did you order it?  I’m curious to know how much longer i need to wait before it shows up. 

What I remember was about 2 weeks in total, 1st week Capt Nobby inform me they ran out of some supplies. Then I got track number on Monday arrived on Thursday, we didn't expect will be arrived this early because of COVID. 

Andrej Ropret

Landing lever looks very good, so I just ordered it. Will report how it works. :D 
We need more products like this, keep developing please.

• Thanks 1
Danny Moore

I ordered the Tiller from Cat3Design and I’m glad I did. Just in time for the Sharklets. Here is my post on Avsim.

Mine arrived today and all I can say is WOW, this is exactly what I have been missing for years. No more using joystick twist or rudder pedals to taxi around the airport. My hand sits nicely on the tiller and is comfortable to use. I've tried it with all the PMDG, FSLabs, TFDI and the Maddog. I pretty much spent the afternoon taxing around the airport. The biggest joy was taxing around in the FSLabs and we know how finicky that can be for some. This time it was nice, smooth and precise. I followed the video instructions for the complete setup. I will provided more feedback later but I wanted to drop a quick thanks to Nobby for a great product and communication. Now it's time to do a flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...
Christopher Allan

It’s been 3 years since I flew a real 320 and my company (now defunct) transferred me to the dark side to fly that other  popular single-aisle machine.  As an avid simmer, recently I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Tiller by Cat3Design to use with the FSLabs A3XXX fleet.

My very first thought was, “Wow - this has just transformed my taxying experience!” It was immediately recognisable in feel and response, and does a superb job of simulating the real-world A320 tiller. It may be a little smaller and a little lighter, but after having flown the real aircraft for 7 1/2 years I can say that this tiller feels very authentic and fits under my fingertips perfectly. It could be argued that one’s sensibilities might have been dulled after several years of trucking around in a used 737, but this felt so natural from the first use that I began to wonder why I had put up with anything else in 28 years of simming, especially in the past 7 years of FSLabbing. It easily reminds me of the plane I used to fly, and nothing about it makes me think, “Oh, he should change this or that…” There are plenty of photos and reviews about other aspects of the package so I won’t repeat those efforts here, but I will  say that as a real world A320 pilot I give this product my full endorsement.

One question I had was where to put it. I have found that it is sized very well for the desktop environment and isn’t as bulky as I thought it would be. The cable is plenty long enough to allow the unit to be moved around easily as necessary.

Cat3Design is committed to providing excellent customer service and I can personally attest to this manufacturer’s credibility and integrity as well.

• Like 2