Flood light always brighter after external view

Stu Antonio

Stu Antonio

I witnessed this for a while now, when I set my dome  flood lights to - let's say - 30%* and I go to the external view for a bit, and then come back to the VC, the dome flood light is always at 100% again, even though the knob is still at 30%. When I then turn the knob for instance just one percent down, the light suddenly pops down to from 100% to 29% again, to reflect the knob's position.

So every time I go to the external view and come back, the light is 100%, regardless of the knob's position.

Is this a known issue? Mistake on my end? 

Thanks & regards
Stu

*just estimates to illustrate my point

Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Stu,

what aircraft?

Sorry, I'm in an airbus bubble :D

The described happens on all A3XX aircraft.

Lefteris Kalamaras
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

Sorry, I'm in an airbus bubble :D

The described happens on all A3XX aircraft.

I thought as much- we have mentioned in the past that all Spotlights in our aircraft are controlled via the individual knobs - you can't control them separately with the Spotlights Manager.

Stu Antonio
Just now, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I thought as much- we have mentioned in the past that all Spotlights in our aircraft are controlled via the individual knobs - you can't control them separately with the Spotlights Manager.

Hi Lefteris,

maybe this was a misunderstanding, or maybe I just posted in the wrong section of the forum.
I'm not trying to do anything in the Spotlights Manager, in fact I have never opened that application once. I'm talking about the actual usage in the cockpit with the knobs. 
I will try to make a video showing the effect later this day...

Stu Antonio

Okay, here's a GIF that illustrates what I'm talking about.

The effect can be much more prominent at times, I couldn't trigger a stronger one right now, but I think this shows what I mean.

The two screenshots are taken before and after I switched to the external view (see time for reference). Note that the knob for the dome flood lights stays the same, yet the intensity of the lighting changes. ... As I said, the difference can be even stronger at times.

spotlight_test3.gif

When I move the know after this, it "plops" back to the correct intensity.

I know it seems like a pretty minor thing, and it's not really a show stopper or anything, but I notice this constantly, and it happens quite often that I set an intensity I like and then - after some external viewing - have to reset it. So I thought I bring this to your attention... :)

Thanks,

Stu

EDIT: I just realized I said "dome" when I meant "flood" the whole time. Hence the misunderstanding I guess. Sorry about that!

• Stu Antonio changed the title to Flood light always brighter after external view