• Chris Frasure

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes

FYI

Hi Andre Both correct ... see attachment Tom

Posted Images

Alessandro Occhioni

Hi everyone, the tca quadrant has just arrived and I immediately configured all the various throttle positions (REV-0-CL-FLX MCT-TO GA) but I realized that unlike before, when I wear the throttles in FLX the first time the A / THR is activated, when I bring the throttles back to 0 this is deactivated but if I bring the throttles back to CL or FLX or TOGA this does not reactivate anymore, I have to activate it manually. This means that every time I land, when I have to take off again it does not activate during take off but I have to manually activate it only once I have taken off. I haven't tried it yet but I doubt that even during taxiing if I accelerate and then return the throttles to 0, then when I have to take off the A / THR will not be activated. It seems to me that there is something that when I put the throttles on 0 simulates the deactivation of the A / THR as if pressing the red buttons of the throttles. Now I would like to understand if there is something that I have to set or if this is the correct operation and if so how do you "restore" the A / THR between one flight and another? Thanks so much.

Stu Antonio

Just a quick question, the TCA throttle has an output "Connector for TFRP rudder system (sold separately)".
Why would I connect my pedals to the throttle? Is it just to save one USP port or does it provide some sort of extra function? 

manuelcarlos
On 5/2/2021 at 13:13, stephen speak said:

@Lefteris Kalamaras..¿Dónde encuentras configurar controladores USB en Windows 10 ?? .. Lo siento si parece una pregunta estúpida ... pero nunca he visto eso 

davidzill

I've read through some threads on here, one long one I went through which didn't describe the issue I'm having. I'm not using FSUIPC, my controls settings are set up through P3D, I have properly calibrated the TCA throttle. Each thrust lever is set up to its own individual axis, and inside the Fslabs MCDU thrust-lever settings, I have calculated each detent zone. Seems to work well...I move the throttle till I hear the audible click, enter the values, and they are virtually synchronized between my physical throttle and the in-sim throttle. Now where the trouble is, when I take off my throttle simply is not catching the detent zones. Has anyone had this problem? And is there any good tips/tricks to setting up the in-MCDU option detent zones to prevent this sort of issue? 

Hey guys, I posted a few times with issues regarding detents, etc, issues NOT w/ Fslabs but with the Airbus TCA throttle from Thrustmaster. I must say I have been using flight control devices for awhile, I own the Winwing Hornet throttle, Thrustmaster Warthog stick/throttle, etc.

I do not know how else to say this, the Airbus TCA throttle is a cheap, plastic overpriced throttle which does not work well with the FSlabs Airbuses.

On to further: Even after multiple calibrations, throttles are 100% not asymmetrical at any point along their axis'. I spent a long time setting detent zones, thinking all would be well. Interesting observation is when I would get asymmetrical thrust lever warnings, I would go back in the MCDU and check my settings. To my dismay, as the throttle lever sat in a detent, its values changed considerable well outside what I had previously entered. For example, if I entered .51/.53 for a detent, I would come back and in the detent the throttle lever would now show .587, etc. Because of this, I was not only getting consistent asymmetrical warnings, I could not get the throttle to set into a detent.

I set P3D to one single throttle axis  and adjusted the MCDU lever settings for one lever. Still having issues with getting into detents.

I opened Thrustmaster TARGET device analyzer and fixed both throttles together, they were physically identically asymmetrical, however the indicator showed lever two both leading and lagging at all times during movement. I assuming cheap design and parts.

A 3d printed detent is available for this product, I ordered two which should be arriving tomorrow. I will follow up tomorrow and see if these help. Has anyone else experienced these issues?    

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZRUW892G8/realistic-detents-for-thrustmaster-tca-quadrant?optionId=201217014&li=productGroup

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Merge
Holger Teutsch
Just a quick question, the TCA throttle has an output "Connector for TFRP rudder system (sold separately)".
Why would I connect my pedals to the throttle? Is it just to save one USP port or does it provide some sort of extra function? 

Yes, that's it.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
A_ndré_F_olkers
15 hours ago, davidzill said:

And is there any good tips/tricks to setting up the in-MCDU option detent zones to prevent this sort of issue? 

Have you defined the throttles zones via the MCDU in the fms with engines running?

davidzill
2 hours ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Have you defined the throttles zones via the MCDU in the fms with engines running?

Yes. I got it figured out. The throttle movement sensors in the TCA are horribly inaccurate. Ran several test on Thrustmaster TARGET after verifying the firmware and doing a few calibrations, and discovered at no point during their movement, although both lever attached together, are they symmetrical. I set the detents within the MCDU, with the throttle. Each lever had different values for each detent, even though they are physically the same location for both. 

I checked several forums and virtually most TCA users are reporting the same issues with the throttle. 

The best work around is the set P3D controller settings to just one throttle axis, and set MCDU throttles to One Lever, and do everything through just one lever. I can manage auto throttle, manual throttle, however cannot separate the throttles in the event of a failure or emergency. It’s just a really cheap designed throttle and the key is very accurate movement sensors.

A_ndré_F_olkers
On 3/13/2021 at 8:24 PM, davidzill said:

Yes. I got it figured out. The throttle movement sensors in the TCA are horribly inaccurate. Ran several test on Thrustmaster TARGET after verifying the firmware and doing a few calibrations, and discovered at no point during their movement, although both lever attached together, are they symmetrical. I set the detents within the MCDU, with the throttle. Each lever had different values for each detent, even though they are physically the same location for both. 

I checked several forums and virtually most TCA users are reporting the same issues with the throttle. 

The best work around is the set P3D controller settings to just one throttle axis, and set MCDU throttles to One Lever, and do everything through just one lever. I can manage auto throttle, manual throttle, however cannot separate the throttles in the event of a failure or emergency. It’s just a really cheap designed throttle and the key is very accurate movement sensors.

Not the case here working fine :-) Hence they behave the same as my warthog throttle ;-)

davidzill
7 hours ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Not the case here working fine :-) Hence they behave the same as my warthog throttle ;-)

Inwish I was that lucky. Could you perhaps post a screenshot of your mcdu detent settings? I’ll try what you use?

A_ndré_F_olkers
On 3/15/2021 at 4:38 AM, davidzill said:

Inwish I was that lucky. Could you perhaps post a screenshot of your mcdu detent settings? I’ll try what you use?

I don't see what  a screenshot should solve, the key is to have a correct calibrated hardware to begin with...

My settings below based on the throttle mod from Holger ;-)

[GateControls_0]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-1000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-940
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-600
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-400
Min_TLA_Idle=-300
Max_TLA_Idle=500
Min_TLA_CL=3700
Max_TLA_CL=5200
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=6000
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=8500
Min_TLA_TOGA=9500
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000
[GateControls_1]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-1000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-940
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-600
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-400
Min_TLA_Idle=-300
Max_TLA_Idle=500
Min_TLA_CL=3700
Max_TLA_CL=5200
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=6000
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=8500
Min_TLA_TOGA=9500
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000

davidzill
9 hours ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

I don't see what  a screenshot should solve, the key is to have a correct calibrated hardware to begin with...

My settings below based on the throttle mod from Holger ;-)

[GateControls_0]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-1000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-940
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-600
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-400
Min_TLA_Idle=-300
Max_TLA_Idle=500
Min_TLA_CL=3700
Max_TLA_CL=5200
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=6000
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=8500
Min_TLA_TOGA=9500
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000
[GateControls_1]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-1000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-940
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-600
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-400
Min_TLA_Idle=-300
Max_TLA_Idle=500
Min_TLA_CL=3700
Max_TLA_CL=5200
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=6000
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=8500
Min_TLA_TOGA=9500
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000

Thanks! I think I got it figured out. I had null @ zero. Bumped it up to 13 and all seams well so far. 

davidzill

I posted here since many of us use this particular throttle. I cannot for the love of god get my throttle to calibrate. I went to firmware update, and through some research may have found my issue. My firmware indicates Version 1.57, which the most recent release is at least Version 1.61. When I click 'Update Firmware', it states my firmware is up to date. Any ideas? 

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Merged
Peter Hastings

Unless you've already done it, you'll need to download the latest driver file (currently 2020_TFHT_5.exe) from the 'drivers' section here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-en/

Install it and then follow the 'firmware' link to the instructions here: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/TFlightHotas/TCA-Quadrant_Firmware_update_procedure.pdf

Axel Schmidt

Hello guys,

I do have the TCA Quadrant too and also the AddOns for Flaps and Spoilers. It works almost perfect but almost. Flaps doesn`t realy working with my FSLabs. Under Controls / Flaps in the MCDU I can see when I move the Flaps Axis along the whole range, the way goes from -1.000 to 1.000 but at Flaps 1 and 2 position on the Hardware the Axis postion in the MCDU is still at -1.000. First when I take the Flaps 3 Position on the Hardware the Axis postion in the MCDU does change to -0.286 but nothing happens to the Flaps position at the Aircraft. When I set the Flaps full position on the Hardware, the Axis postition in the MCDU turns to 1.000 and the Flaps moving to the Flaps full postion. I can't set it to Flaps 1, 2 or 3 position. Now you could think the Hardware is defect but it isen't. The Flaps Axis works perfectly with the Aersosoft Airbus A330 I do have and also with all Aircrafts in the MSFS 2020. The Driver Controls for the TCA Quadrant shows also that the Axis for the Flaps postion is working without issues step by step. Only with my FSLabs Bus it will not work.

Any other with this issue?

Regards Axel

Koen Meier

the next version will be much better for the TCA i have heard. this version should be out very soon i believe.

Florian Wolf

I'm having the issue that when I have my throttle is on idle it is actually on full reverse and to have idle in the sim I'll have to put it at around clim thrust.

The problem is that i can't configure anything because  somehow when I want to calibrate it in P3D the thrustmaster thing opens up and there's no way I can change anything in the thrustmaster application :(

Y3EUqv5.png

Holger Teutsch

FSUIPC? 

Is the position indication reasonable in the Thrustmaster app, i.e. green band down at full reverse, completely up at TOGA?

Florian Wolf

On Idle it's band down

And then it jumps up from climb thrust du maximum directly

Issue is also that there's just no way to configure it...

Holger Teutsch

It looks like you have to do the HW calibration. The green band must smoothly follow the levers.

Florian Wolf

Right, do you know how to do that?

Now made a fresh reinstall of the drives and now when the throttle is on idle it's not completely down which is great.

However it still doesn't smothly go up all the way, I'm reaching full wehn at slightly below MAN FLEX

Florian Wolf

I did install the latest driver and still the issue, very weird:/

Florian Wolf

Toga on throttle = toga in sim m2MNUWS.jpg

MAN FLEX = nearly idle

0mlN1td.jpg

And it's not about the dentents.
https://i.imgur.com/wwVxZqb.mp4 It just kind of hops from max to nearly idle for whatever reason

Holger Teutsch

Did you do the calibration? Unless values are smooth in the thrustmaster tool anything else is useless.

Florian Wolf

Sure did all the steps.

1. stick out

2. Press black button next to ign Start while putting the USB in back
3. Then to max and at every detent clicking the red buttons

4. After doing that with idle pressing the two black buttons.

That‘s it or?

Holger Teutsch

Yes, and now the green bands are following smoothly over the full range? And do you use FSUIPC ?

Norman Blackburn
43 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

That‘s it or?

What about in the MCDU?
image.png

Note that the image is for attention only.  Its NOT for copying as each set differs plus these figures are for single and no reverse.

Florian Wolf
10 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

Yes, and now the green bands are following smoothly over the full range? And do you use FSUIPC ?

That‘s the funny thing. I did it several time it still does not work it is not going smoothly. I don‘t have FSUIPC but I would guess that FSUIPC wouldn‘t fix the issue.

@Norman BlackburnI haven‘t put any specific values into the MCDU settings since I thought that I‘d first have to get it going smoothly in the TM Configurator before then looking into the detent settings. The issue is, maybe I kind of wrote it a bit laborious:

I have my throttle on idle, then start moving it towards climb thrust and shortly before reaching the climb thrust it goes up to full power. The issue is that this doesn‘t happen in the sim because then I would have wrongly programmed in the detent settings, no it also happens in the thrustmaster config.

Florian Wolf

Well then maybe, does somebody know why you can't calibrate your devide in P3D directly but always get handeed over to system control?

(EDIT!)

I got there now. The solution was to uninstall the Thrustmaster Application and NOT reinstall it. Then switch the input mode in P3D vom API to raw input. Now I have kind of different values for the detents but it at least work^^
PoXGvH5.jpg

Arunit Mukherjee

Can anybody please summarise the installation, callibration of tca with fsuipc registered in p3d. The forum topic has hundreds of replies.  

Norman Blackburn
11 minutes ago, Arunit Mukherjee said:

Can anybody please summarise the installation, callibration of tca with fsuipc registered in p3d. The forum topic has hundreds of replies.  

Merged to the topic that you should have asked in. 

Florian Wolf
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Merged to the topic that you should have asked in. 

Not too sure in what way a guide is planned for the next release/update but maybe you could pin the steps written on page 14 to page one if that's possible. That would be way easier, people would find the answer and wouldn't start unnecessary new topics:) 

Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

Not too sure in what way a guide is planned for the next release/update but maybe you could pin the steps written on page 14 to page one if that's possible. That would be way easier, people would find the answer and wouldn't start unnecessary new topics:) 

The upcoming version changes things so that such topics are hopefully no longer needed :) 

• Like 1
Arunit Mukherjee

Can somebody paste FUIPC calibration settings with sync pos steps, should NoREV ZONe be ticked? 

What is the mcdu setting for 2 levers with reverse?

Arunit Mukherjee

After installing drivers as per above procedures, I am not getting the FSLABS popup option about TCA. Any reasons? I am using p3d v4.4

Arunit Mukherjee

After all driver installation and callibration, I am not getting the popup of fslabs TCA addon on starting p3d? Does it come after selecting the aircraft or right after starting p3d

Koen Meier

you need to go into the main fslabs folder locate a file related to keyboard settings. change the num ber refering to the TCA setup.

Peter Hastings
49 minutes ago, Arunit Mukherjee said:

After all driver installation and callibration, I am not getting the popup of fslabs TCA addon on starting p3d? Does it come after selecting the aircraft or right after starting p3d

I think that it would be better to post in the main TCA thread and not create new threads for every question...

However, what you could try is this (and I've tried it, but it didn't work completely - some of my stick movements moved the thrust levers and the other way around).  It did bring up the popup though - after I started P3D and then selected an FSL aircraft.

This is at your own risk.  I'm guessing that you can undo everything by shutting P3D down, renaming the files appropriately and then restarting P3D.  I haven't tested this yet.  If if it doesn't work, I can't support it!

Close P3D down and find the file called FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini in 'Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs' - or wherever you chose to put those files.

Rename it to FSL_A320X_Kbd.old

Restart P3D with an FSL aircraft - you should see the popup about Thrustmaster.  It looks like this will also regenerate the ini file.

Koen Meier

Instead of renaming you can just change a 1 to a 0 or vice versa and it should work fine.

Peter Hastings
8 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Instead of renaming you can just change a 1 to a 0 or vice versa and it should work fine.

Yes, but which value should you change?  There's no setting in the FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file that refers to the TCA setup.

Koen Meier
9 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

Yes, but which value should you change?  There's no setting in the FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini file that refers to the TCA setup.

• Norman Blackburn locked this topic