Something big?

Stefan Vollstedt

Stefan Vollstedt

I'm really sure they are waiting for the next P3dv5 update :-) Thats why its really calm here..

• Like 2
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin Toepfer

• phil highton

• Koen Meier

• Stu Antonio

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try "CTD"

Probably another DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error.

Aerosoft goes where a revenue is.  Also Simbol updated his AI Lights Reborn, to be compatible with something BIG he wrote. I suspect it is a new p3d version/hot fix/thing....

Posted Images

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Timo Heller said:

Or HF2? Which would mean vectors for delay...

Rather a full update aka v5.2 then a mere hotfix.

Ivan Majetic

Saw the same post SOMETHING BIG IS COMING on Facebook by PILOTS and Aerosoft. 
Let the speculation begin. 

Koen Meier
Just now, Maxime Guy said:

The logo is an "A" with a four engine a/c... A380 ?

Doesn’t do it justice but the image is apparently named FSA.

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, FlLlP D€pczyk said:

Coincidence?

Screenshot_20210308-144815__01.jpg

Probably another DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
Florian Wolf

I don't think so telling from the airplane symbol 

Marvin Toepfer

I guess it will "just" be an update. There are so many things they need to fix that this update needs to be "BIG"...

Miguel Leandro

It's not related with P3D.

Aerosoft and Pilot's had the same image in their Facebooks...

Stu Antonio

Probably just an easier and convenient way to get me to spend money on flight simulation add ons... 

• Thanks 1
Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

I think this will put the release date of SL far away

I dont think that it has anything to do with that.

Tim Nitz

Infact if it would have, im sure the fslabs team would be well aware of that...

FlLlP D€pczyk
7 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

I dont think that it has anything to do with that

Since someone moved some posts regarding that topic from the hype thread to this one, I think so aswell.

Btw. From where is that picture taken from? Is that MSFS?

image.thumb.png.945e7e20b35539a1b0339ecde29a298b.png

Btw: The source code says this as description: "An association of enthusiasts, pilots, and industry developers that advances flight simulation as a hobby, as an aid to pilot training, and as a means to explore your passion for aviation."

Ivan Majetic

It can’t be MSFS, it’s something else I guess. MS is not in this combo, whatever it is.

Stu Antonio
3 minutes ago, Ivan Majetic said:

It can’t be MSFS, it’s something else I guess. MS is not in this combo, whatever it is.

yeah, would make sense if it's some sort of "the little ones against the new threat LM/LR cooperation" cooperation, but why is aerosoft in? they are clearly not abandoning MS... 

Ivan Majetic
10 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

yeah, would make sense if it's some sort of "the little ones against the new threat LM/LR cooperation" cooperation, but why is aerosoft in? they are clearly not abandoning MS... 

Aerosoft goes where a revenue is. 
Also Simbol updated his AI Lights Reborn, to be compatible with something BIG he wrote. I suspect it is a new p3d version/hot fix/thing....

• Like 4
Marc Ehnle
4 minutes ago, Ivan Majetic said:

as everyone. 

could it be a huge new sim with a fusion of P3D and XP? LM can still do their mil stuff beside the customer sim but they would profit just as Laminar would.. wouldn't THAT be big ^^

• Like 2
Marc Ehnle

there haven't been any releases for months, even years after all.. No FSL, A2A, QW, TFDi, Milviz, PMDG only an update and a plane they already had knowledge of.. 

Ivan Majetic
3 minutes ago, Marc Ehnle said:

there haven't been any releases for months, even years after all.. No FSL, A2A, QW, TFDi, Milviz, PMDG only an update and a plane they already had knowledge of.. 

QW published their SP4 for the 787 last night.

Marc Ehnle

yeah I don't believe what I say either... but it WOULD be nice... combined forces for a great new sim lol

Marvin Toepfer
22 minutes ago, Ivan Majetic said:

Also Simbol updated his AI Lights Reborn, to be compatible with something BIG he wrote. I suspect it is a new p3d version/hot fix/thing....

Interesting. „To be compatible with something BIG..“ sounds really like a new version but not only to a hotfix. If Xplane and LM are both parts of „something BIG“ it sounds like some kind of merging doesn’t it? Or they implemented the same scenery thing like MSFS...how the world is generated. Then it would make sense why for example Aerosoft is part of that. 

• Like 2
Walter Meier

I'm always skeptical of these types of pronouncements because they invariably lead to disappointment. For developers, some of these releases are huge because of the insane work that went into creating them. But the end user will often see it as progress, but nothing earth-shattering.

Flight simulation has seen steady, incremental progress. Advances are dependent on so many things, that it makes one great big leap almost impossible. You have to look at the progress over many years to see that, yes, we've seen some incredible achievements with respect to what can be done on a simple desktop computer.

Having said that, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

• Like 3
Florian Wolf

There's a website called FlightSim Association, I don't think that we will be getting any new sims or Addons but rather a new Community website I guess... (Cries in hope for a nicer p3d)

[Edit]

Saw the picture above and can anybody who's flying v5 EA confirm that the clouds and atmosphere look better than the current EA

• Like 1
Marc Ehnle
1 minute ago, Florian Wolf said:

There's a website called FlightSim Association, I don't think that we will be getting any new sims or Addons but rather a new Community website I guess... (Cries in hope for a nicer p3d)

jup can be anything... from a holding and fusion to a new forum etc

Timo Heller

I'd say it will be a forum for all platforms. Then that name would make perfect sense. Plus, with such a BIG Announcement, it will probably be a BIG dissapointment as others already stated...

• Like 3