P3D V5.1 DROP FPS

Eliottcremers

Eliottcremers
Hello,

I write here because I can't log into P3D forum.

Everything is on my video when i fly with Fslabs, PMDG, and all my others planes it's clean and every  one or two minutes my FPS drop  and after my FPS gets back to normal and after  back to bad fps it's a loop like on the video I don't know why I've tried every settings everything is up to date. I don't know what to do. Maybe it's a setting that i don't see I don't know help me it's really annoying ! especially when I land. 

Thank you

Marvin Toepfer

Hi Eliott,

can you tell us more about your system? What kind of CPU do you have? What kind of monitor?

I see that you are using a GTX1060. That GPU has only 6GB of VRAM. In addition, you are using EA which is definately not recommended with that GPU. 
What about Vsync? Its turned on without any buffering. I would try to turn that off as well. If needed, turn it on in the nvidia control panel (vsync on fast, triple buffer on). Also make sure the energy mode is set to maximum performance in the control panel.

I also would recommend to make a clean p3d.cfg file. 

Did it work before? And any changes made before it started to give you that problem?

• Like 1
Eliottcremers

Hi

It's not EA. As you can see in the video my FPS are normal it’s just that sometimes for 30 seconds my FPS drops suddenly and then I find my FPS back and after a minute or two or more it starts again and that during the whole flight, whether I’m on the ground or flying. I even restored my computer twice reinstalled everything properly

Marvin Toepfer
3 minutes ago, Eliottcremers said:

Hi

It's not EA. As you can see in the video my FPS are normal it’s just that sometimes for 30 seconds my FPS drops suddenly and then I find my FPS back and after a minute or two or more it starts again and that during the whole flight, whether I’m on the ground or flying. I even restored my computer twice reinstalled everything properly

it's easier to help if you could answer the other questions as well ;)

Eliottcremers

Hi

I just finished my flight, I still have the same bug whether the EA is activated or not doesn’t change anything. I don’t understand. The bug itself is not very disturbing because it is a few seconds, it is especially when the bug occurs on final it is unbearable. Do you have any idea?

Eliottcremers

Hi John it's not fslabs it's all my planes I just post here because I can't log into P3D forum. 

I have any tweaks CFG screen resolution is 1920x1080x32 ( Maybe is that ? I never saw the x32 at the end ) 

Airbus version is the last everyting is up to date

This is a laptop so that contributes to some of the experienced problems. Laptops have issues with adequate cooling. Certainly can run everything but doesn’t equate to good performance 

Eliottcremers

Just because it’s a laptop doesn’t mean it’s a problem, I’ve always had laptops and I’ve never had a problem in years. The problem happened about 3 weeks ago, , This is not a huge problem because I can play  I’ll see at the next P3D update

I just wanted to know if there was a solution thanks to everyone