Screen Set Up // PC Set up

JanWillemsen

Hello everyone,

Im trying to build a cockpit with a big, up to 180°  (2-3 projectors)  visual screen;

Does anyone have an idea what the set up should be looking like in terms of my Computer Set up;

My current PC just has 4 HDMI outputs (using 3 for the screens within the FlightDeck) and one projector doing the visual; even thou its not a very good PC (i5 and an old nVidia) Im getting pretty stable and "flyable" results...
Do you recommend getting a PC with a second video card (-> 8 HDMI outputs) or two PCs?

Looking forward your opinions,

Best wishes,

Jan

Lefteris Kalamaras

There are two options.

1) Get a beefy PC with two video cards, one for scenery visuals (Display Port is best) and one for DUs.

2) Get a P3D Pro Plus subscription (as the outright cost is too high IMO - $2499?) and use Multichannel. This works well, apart from ActiveSky which will only run on the single PC (I've not tested a dual solution there).

A third option that I've not explored is WideView.

Vincent Twisker

Option 4)

Get a "beefy PC" and use USB3 to HDMI adapters and/or displays. I'm running 8 screens using only one 1080 card. Viewgroups is how I've setup the external view in cockpit-cockpit mode:)

• 2 weeks later...
Timo Heller

Hi,

just stumbled upon this topic and just wanted to ask you real quick, do you actually save your undocked views so they start up undocked? If so, how/with what do you do it?

Thanks

Vincent Twisker
1 hour ago, Timo Heller said:

how/with what do you do it?

If you save a flight with the screens undocked in the right position, they come back when you load the flight. I also use a nice (free) application which is called PanelStore/PanelRestore. That allows me to Store my display positions. When I start a new flight I only have to undock and run PanelRestore.  

Mar:kus Czie:gler
1 hour ago, Vincent Twisker said:

If you save a flight with the screens undocked in the right position, they come back when you load the flight. I also use a nice (free) application which is called PanelStore/PanelRestore. That allows me to Store my display positions. When I start a new flight I only have to undock and run PanelRestore.  

What i do is as follows: 

Start P3D

Load FSLabs Airbus (at my favourite airport)

Load MCDU Panel States: ON APU (i always start from that panel state)

Undock all panels i use for my cockpit (Overhead Panel, Pedestal, Center Panel, EWD, SD etc.)

Put the panels in the right place

Panel STORE

ALT ENTER (in my case for Fullscreen Mode)

Lock all undocked panels (so that the panels won`t move any more)

Save in P3D as favorite flight (NOT as default flight!)

Next time i want to fly:

Start P3D

Load Scenario / Airport

Push Panel RESTORE after Loadup (puts my panels in the right place once again)

ALT ENTER

Start ASP3D

Ready to fly

Greets,

Markus

Vincent Twisker
2 hours ago, Mar:kus Czie:gler said:

ALT ENTER (in my case for Fullscreen Mode)

Hi Markus,

I always used Fullscreen as well. But once I completed my DIY MCDU, I could not get the captains' MCDU positioned properly. Only in windowed mode.

Would you happen to have any ideas about that? I am really hoping for a release that allows undocking of just the MCDU screen. And on top of that, being able to undock ISIS and DCDU screens as well would be great.

Mar:kus Czie:gler
18 hours ago, Vincent Twisker said:

Hi Markus,

I always used Fullscreen as well. But once I completed my DIY MCDU, I could not get the captains' MCDU positioned properly. Only in windowed mode.

Would you happen to have any ideas about that? I am really hoping for a release that allows undocking of just the MCDU screen. And on top of that, being able to undock ISIS and DCDU screens as well would be great.

Hi Vincent,

i always position my panels in windowed mode and hit PANEL STORE (with the freeware tool PANEL STORE/RESTORE) - thereafter i got with ALT ENTER into Fullscreen Mode - and by the way when i am in Fullscreen Mode i lock all undocked panels so they can´t move any more.

Sorry, no Idea about ISIS and DCDU screns...

Greets,

Markus

• Like 1
Vincent Twisker

Thanks Markus,

I was using the same procedure. But now I can't get the MCDU display showing correctly once I go full screen. I will experiment with locking the undocked displays, maybe that will help.

• Like 1