Jump to content

Mod: Realistic detents for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant


Holger Teutsch

Recommended Posts

Holger Teutsch

Unfortunately the TCA quadrant has a rather narrow range for manual thrust.

So I created a mod with more realistic detents with CL , MCT, TOGA at around 25°,35°,45° from idle. That's very close to the real thing.
In addition there is some resistance (not a real detent) for REV idle.

You can 3d-print your copy at shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZRUW892G8/realistic-detents-for-thrustmaster-tca-quadrant?optionId=201217014&li=marketplace

New vs Old

PXL_20210219_133432211.thumb.jpg.582dec78017c8932c7d112319949c9c7.jpg

710x528_34104225_17958658_1613744558.jpg.e593bcd4d142c6730ce9b43601c40cc2.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Koen Meier
11 minutes ago, Pascal Ad said:

Interesting - do we still have the "notches" for CL, FLX/MCT with your modification??

The shapeways page shows the modification piece which is two sided.

Link to post
Holger Teutsch
1 hour ago, Harry Westbury said:

Thank you for providing this, I will certainly be buying it when my TCA finally arrives!

Are they easy to install?

Harry

4 screws out, 4 screws in, that's it. It's even described in the "manual" of the quadrant.

Link to post
Holger Teutsch
1 hour ago, Pascal Ad said:

Interesting - do we still have the "notches" for CL, FLX/MCT with your modification??

Yes, see the picture I included in the first post.

Link to post
Peter Hastings
53 minutes ago, Adrian Bueren said:

Hello Holger,

this is very interesting! I must admit, I couldn't find anything in the manual on how to install such a modification. Could you describe this a little bit more detailed?

It's in the manual under item 12 - where you can enable/disable the detents.  Turn your quadrant upside down and you'll see the four screws holding in the two detent parts. 

Link to post
Phillip Tengg
On 2/20/2021 at 11:11 AM, Phillip Tengg said:

This is, what I was waiting for :)

Just ordered my 2 pieces and can't wait to receive them

Thank you so much for your effords!

My 2 pieces arrived today. Already installed. At first glance they seem to work perfectly.

@Holger Teutsch can you provide your detend settings, please?

Link to post
Holger Teutsch
1 hour ago, Phillip Tengg said:

My 2 pieces arrived today. Already installed. At first glance they seem to work perfectly.

@Holger Teutsch can you provide your detend settings, please?

My settings:

[GateControls_0]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-10000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-9700
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-7500
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-6000
Min_TLA_Idle=-4700
Max_TLA_Idle=-3700
Min_TLA_CL=1500
Max_TLA_CL=3300
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=6000
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=8500
Min_TLA_TOGA=9500
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000
[GateControls_1]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-10000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-9700
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-7500
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-6000
Min_TLA_Idle=-4700
Max_TLA_Idle=-3700
Min_TLA_CL=1500
Max_TLA_CL=3300
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=6000
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=8500
Min_TLA_TOGA=9500
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000

 

Link to post
Phillip Tengg
21 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

My settings:


[GateControls_0]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-10000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-9700
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-7500
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-6000
Min_TLA_Idle=-4700
Max_TLA_Idle=-3700
Min_TLA_CL=1500
Max_TLA_CL=3300
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=6000
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=8500
Min_TLA_TOGA=9500
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000
[GateControls_1]
DIS_270=2048
Min_TLA_RevMax=-10000
Max_TLA_RevMax=-9700
Min_TLA_RevIdle=-7500
Max_TLA_RevIdle=-6000
Min_TLA_Idle=-4700
Max_TLA_Idle=-3700
Min_TLA_CL=1500
Max_TLA_CL=3300
Min_TLA_FLXMCT=6000
Max_TLA_FLXMCT=8500
Min_TLA_TOGA=9500
Max_TLA_TOGA=10000

 

oh, I meant for options page in mCDU...

Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...