StreamDeck Plugin: Pilot's Deck

Daniel Saffran

Daniel Saffran

Well, no. Umberto very clearly explained that no Addon or Developer has Control over that Window (in Terms of Position and Size). So whether my Plugin nor the FSL Integration can solve anything there.

But: the included GSX Scripts and the configured GSX Actions in the Profiles could be also used as Workaround in most Situations. They are designed to eliminate most of the GSX Menu/FSL MCDU Interactions for the Ground Services. But there are some Situations (e.g. selecting the Operator, selecting a Gate on Arrival) where you still need to see that Window to select something. The Number-Buttons could select "hidden" Entries though, since they are using specific Control-Codes for that SimConnect Menu.

Doing a quick Google-Search for "simconnect window position", does that help?
https://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/fix-simconnect-gsx-fenster-wird-nicht-vollstaendig-angezeigt/

Daniel Saffran

It is not really an Advice - these are the Requirements for the Plugin for MSFS. So either deinstall MSFS, deinstall the Plugin or stay with the old Version.

Daniel Saffran

*Version-Bump*

Versions 0.7.11:

• Installer: added Argument to disable MSFS Checks
  • Installer: "Pump" Check improved ( #33 )
  • Installer: Updated Dependencies to the latest available Versions
  • Fix for Calculator L-Var Template not working with L-Vars ending on L
  • Improved Calculator L-Var Template and Value Manipulator: An additional Reset Value can be configured. When the Variable is equal to the defined Limit it will be set to the Value of Reset
  • Updated to StreamDeck SDK 6.1 (now the new Minimum)
  • Updated Libraries
  • 2 weeks later...

I have read and followed all the steps related to installation actually, also I've exported Library from Library configurator to C:\FSUIPC6\PLDFSL
Maybe it simply does not work with Steam deck mobile?
Anyway, thank you!

Daniel Saffran

All Commands (except vJoy) are processed through FSUIPC. I don't see any Reason why Actions based on the Lua-Library should not work, when StreamDeck Mobile is basically working.

Especially only the Lua-Based Actions not working is likely due to the Scripts either not installed correctly or not simply not running (just placing them in the FSUIPC Folder won't do anything).

Daniel Saffran

Alone the Amount of Switches makes me shiver :o
(For the Record, for the A320X Scripts I had to think about how to address >700 Functions for the various Switches. In an highly automated Aircraft.)
So that is a 'No' ;)

But: The basic StreamDeck Plugin (PilotsDeck) is not tied to an specific Aircraft (not even a specific Sim). So in the Hope that FSL provided Rotor-Brake-Codes and more usable L-Vars, you can build a StreamDeck/PilotsDeck Profile for that beautiful Bird!

15 hours ago, Daniel Saffran said:

Especially only the Lua-Based Actions not working is likely due to the Scripts either not installed correctly or not simply not running (just placing them in the FSUIPC Folder won't do anything).

I don't know what I did, but seems to work now. Only it shows these dots (is there a way to get rid of them?):
Thx!

387525411_1698657350647082_9189746631247376216_n.jpg

Daniel Saffran

I assume the Overhead looks similiar?

I did not explain that properly in the Readme of the Package (but the Plugin Readme would explain it): you need to place the Images under
%appdata%\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\com.extension.pilotsdeck.sdPlugin\Images

• 3 months later...
Holger Tillmann

Hi folks,

Thanks to Daniel for creating this great software. Attached you can find alternative key icons for the MODE SEL and MASTER switches.

Have fun flying!

-shorthauler

IMG_7784.jpg

IMG_7785.jpg

Pedestal switches.zip

• Thanks 1
Julian Beister

Hello Daniel,

I just downloaded your software and want to start off by saying thank you for this incredible work.

I am afraid I must have missed or misunderstood some steps. Most of the buttons seam not to work for me. While I can switch off/on the taxi lights or landing lights, I cannot switch on/off the beacon lights. If I change the state of these buttons or switches, it shows on the Stream Deck though. Same for 90% of the other switched and buttons. On the other hand, I can change the values at the MCDU or FCU.

Do you have any idea what I have done wrong?

I have installed the latest Stream Deck software, where I have selected the P3D-FSLabs-XL Profile, FSUIPC 6 is registered. My FSUIPC ini looks as follows:

(…)

[Auto.001]
1=Lua Pilotsdeck_FSL
2=Lua GSX_AUTO

[Programs]
RunIf1=READY,KILL,D:\StreamDeck\PilotsDeck_FSL_v0.6\Pilotsdeck_FSL\PilotsDeck_FSL2PLD.exe

[Profile.001]
1=001

[AutoSaveFilesV5]
Next=1

[LuaFiles]
1=GSX_AUTO
2=PilotsDeck_FSL

Thank you and kind regards from EDDB.

Daniel Saffran

Yes, that Part does not make any Sense, because it says "There is a Profile called 001 and the Plane/Livery 001 is associated to it"

[Profile.001]
1=001

Seems to me that was manually added? Normally you create FSUIPC Profiles and associated Aircrafts/Liveries to it in the GUI.

You don't need to use FSUIPC Profiles, if you only fly the FSL. In that Case get rid of the Profile.001 Section and use [Auto] instead of [Auto.001]. (=Scripts are started on every Plane)
Else create a Profile in the GUI (while loaded into the Plane) and change the [Auto.001] Section to the Name you've chosen in the GUI and get rid of the Profile.001 Section. A new valid Profile.XXX Section will be created by FSUIPC. The XXX is the name you've chosen and the same Thing that needs to be added to the Auto Section.
Note: Stop/Close FSUIPC before you change the ini File.

Julian Beister

I have changed the ini to this now. Via the Task Manager I could see that the was running.

[Auto]
1=Lua Pilotsdeck_FSL
2=Lua GSX_AUTO

[Programs]
RunIf1=READY,KILL,D:\StreamDeck\PilotsDeck_FSL_v0.6\Pilotsdeck_FSL\PilotsDeck_FSL2PLD.exe

[AutoSaveFilesV5]
Next=1

[LuaFiles]
1=GSX_AUTO
2=PilotsDeck_FSL

Unfortunately, the problem remains. I have made an interesting observation, though. When I go via "Gate" (I use the XL-Profile) and I try to turn on the nose light, nothing happens. When I go via "Taxi" I can turn on the nose light.

Daniel Saffran

Can you verify that the Scripts are actually started by FSUIPC? Can't see an Issue in that Snippet. (You have verified the each Config Section only exists once?)

E.g. these or similar Messages should appear in the FSUIPC6.log:

image.png.a04ed68b89b601da986d4c96b2f444b9.png

Bruno Flageol

Hello Daniel! 

Thank you very much for your hard work, amazing tool. 

I've followed the README to the letter and got the Stream Deck Plus to work like a charm, but I'm now having issues with the simulator itself. Every 3 seconds or so, I get a stutter with a massive drop in FPS. The frequency of the stutter remains constant. 

I want to know if I you might have any idea of what can or could cause this issue. Could it be related to the info being sent from the sim to the Stream Deck?

Bruno Flageol

Thank you for the quick response! 

is there anything I can do to either run the Lua without the script or tweak something to avoid having the stutter? 

TIA

Daniel Saffran

Well I can't tell you what to tweak since I don't understand why that GSX Script would cause a Stutter in the first Place. It is evaluating L-Vars and writes some Strings to FSUIPC Offsets, so ... don't know.

But when you only have the SD+ Deck and use the Profile as it came, there is not much Benefit in running the GSX Script anyways. So you can try if removing that GSX Script from your Auto Section helps?

Julian Beister

Thank you for helping me to work on this Daniel!

Here are my screenshots:

My FSUIPC main folder at the beginning

3.png.efd288fdd4c0cdcbd7184a97683d67b3.png

corresponding FSUIPC Log

2.thumb.png.9f56349c066dfe10472b176afc321d13.png

After I checked the log, I added the entire content of the PLDFSL folder to the FSUIPC folder5.thumb.png.32772dee3b76a5ca16dab58ac28beefb.png

New logs

4.thumb.png.7a57d106843e5f1db49599d5a30ab991.png

Task Manager in both cases

1.png.e4fe277f1db9a9a2d3cdcc7268a3939b.png

Daniel Saffran

Uhm ... both is wrong ^^

You need to copy the Contents of LUA Folder (from the Archive) as-is to your FSUIPC6 Folder. That means you have "PilotsDeck_FSL.lua" and "GSX_AUTO.lua" in the main (FSUIPC6) Folder and a Subfolder called "PLDFSL" there.

Julian Beister

Hi Daniel,

just wanted to give you an update. Thanks to your help, it's all working now! Thank you again for your support and the enormous amount of work which went into this project!

If you don't mind me asking... Is there any further advice you could provide on how to customise the views? I have seen your camera settings as reference but I was not able to find any corresponding entries in the lua files.

EDIT:

I have now understood that the views are referencing to the FSUIPC control commands. So I need to make my changes on there. So nothing to do be done via the PLDFSL files. Still no idea how to do that but at least I know there to look. :)

Edited by Julian Beister
New information
Daniel Saffran
17 hours ago, Julian Beister said:

I have now understood that the views are referencing to the FSUIPC control commands. So I need to make my changes on there. So nothing to do be done via the PLDFSL files. Still no idea how to do that but at least I know there to look.

The FSUIPC Control Codes are documented in the "Controls List ..." Text File in your My Documents\FSUIPC6 Folder.

Some of the View Buttons are basically a Sequence with prev/next Category and prev/next View command