Can you please put focus on a A320X version fr MSFS 2020

Árni Stefán Árnason

Árni Stefán Árnason

I dearly miss FSL from MSFS but I´ve changed over to the platform for two main reason, the live weather simulation just wins everything else and the scenery is just marvelous in some places. Secondly there is not a useable A320 yet despite of the FLy by wire effort.

Rumours tell me that you are seriously thinking about producing for the platfrom and I do hope so from my heart. It is seriously missing for us serious simmers and there are only A320 of limited usability in the platform.

Thank for all the great work so far and just to mention I would be glad to pay the fair price you´ve been asking for new models for a MSFS version.

Thank you and keep up  the most valued aircraft coding for flightsimming, from my point of view.

• Like 7
Ross McDonagh

I’ll second the need for this wonderful bird in MSFS 2020 which I’ve stayed away from my thus far because of: 

A. The scalping 

B. Some Devs abandoning P3D for the money grab (thank you FSL for remaining committed to finishing what you’ve started in FSX/P3D) 

There’s another Airbus developer who threw some shade at our beloved FSL team saying they’d bring their “Operations centric” Airbus to the new sim but it wouldn’t (loose quote here) ~ “have failure options for things that pilots would never see in a lifetime career of flying” 

I held my tongue lest I get banned from that forum... Perhaps they should focus on their ATSU and weather and V speeds thru the FMC before throwing shade.  

Bring it on to FS2020 FSL... We need the quality (and the failures and the ATSU and the flight directors that aren’t like ATARI Pong) but take your time and do it right just like you’ve always done. 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
Andrzej Witold
On 2/9/2021 at 5:07 AM, Ross McDonagh said:

I held my tongue lest I get banned from that forum... Perhaps they should focus on their ATSU and weather and V speeds thru the FMC before throwing shade.  

For my education - what's wrong with Vspeeds and weather there? 

To be honest I am not on FSL because that other Airbus runs on my laptop but I have strong feeling FSL would not :(

CHeers,

&

Robert Sutherland

The issue isn't FSLabs bringing the Airbus to MSFS. 

It's that MSFS isn't (yet) ready to welcome developers like FSLabs, PMDG etc. 

The pressure needs to be applied to Microsoft and Asobo to make the tools that FSLabs and PMDG need available to them. 

• Like 1
Danny Moore
The issue isn't FSLabs bringing the Airbus to MSFS. 
It's that MSFS isn't (yet) ready to welcome developers like FSLabs, PMDG etc. 
The pressure needs to be applied to Microsoft and Asobo to make the tools that FSLabs and PMDG need available to them. 

I hear you. Over on Flightsimulator forums there is a very long discussion that says it’s the Devs that are holding back. He said, she said is really confusing the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eric Fisher
On 2/8/2021 at 9:46 PM, Árni Stefán Árnason said:

I dearly miss FSL from MSFS but I´ve changed over to the platform for two main reason, the live weather simulation just wins everything else and the scenery is just marvelous in some places. Secondly there is not a useable A320 yet despite of the FLy by wire effort.

Rumours tell me that you are seriously thinking about producing for the platfrom and I do hope so from my heart. It is seriously missing for us serious simmers and there are only A320 of limited usability in the platform.

Thank for all the great work so far and just to mention I would be glad to pay the fair price you´ve been asking for new models for a MSFS version.

Thank you and keep up  the most valued aircraft coding for flightsimming, from my point of view.

It's taken them almost a year (and still waiting) to add a different type of wing to their P3D product. I seriously doubt you will see FSL before late 2023, 2024 in MSFS. 

• Like 1
Árni Stefán Árnason

If that will be the case I seriously believe the will have a hard time competing with Fly by wire who appear to be quite enthusiastic coding the A32NX and are showing serious progress

• Like 2
Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Árni Stefán Árnason said:

If that will be the case I seriously believe the will have a hard time competing with Fly by wire who appear to be quite enthusiastic coding the A32NX and are showing serious progress

look back when aerosoft was the only offer and how another dev gained market share. porter five forces comes up in my mind.

Sam Barry
On 2/9/2021 at 4:07 AM, Ross McDonagh said:

There’s another Airbus developer who threw some shade at our beloved FSL team saying they’d bring their “Operations centric” Airbus to the new sim but it wouldn’t (loose quote here) ~ “have failure options for things that pilots would never see in a lifetime career of flying” 

That is absolutely crazy - there's nothing we won't do in the sim in our 6-monthly checks. This is exactly why real pilots go for FSLabs.

• Like 1
Dominik Jensen
2 hours ago, Sam Barry said:

That is absolutely crazy - there's nothing we won't do in the sim in our 6-monthly checks. This is exactly why real pilots go for FSLabs.

If I read properly between the lines, then it's the same company that has been spending more time explaining why they wouldn't make wingflex despite hundreds of requests, than it would have taken to "just" make it.^^

There are very clear reasons why people (not only RW pilots) pay 3x of the price and go for FSL, even if they don't ever care for emergency operations. And that won't change just because MSFS looks better in many ways. And if some company makes cheesy comments and wants to educate people all the time not to use an airbus that can do everything, just because emergency procedures aren't realistic for the lack of a 2nd pilot, not to look at the wings, not to leave the cockpit in flight, not to listen to any FA announcement.... then it certainly doesn't make people come "back", not even with the early availibility of their products in MSFS. At least I won't move to MSFS until companies like FSL or PMDG can do. I hope some day in future this will be possible. But until then, I will be perfectly happy with P3d and fly for what I've paid for so far.

And if someone really claims they would make better Airbus just because it would only simulate the "daily" things in MSFS, go ahead and tell them what immersion really can mean in a flight sim.

Regards,

Dominik

• Like 4
Robert Sutherland
6 hours ago, Árni Stefán Árnason said:

In which case that's good news for you, right? 

I wouldn't mistake the progress they've made with the kind of progress required to match FSLabs's standard though.

Ross McDonagh
On 2/19/2021 at 12:32 PM, Sam Barry said:

Exactly.  I bought one product from said developer that may or may not have had rolls Royce Trent 700’s.  

It looked and sounded halfway decent but...

-The flight director was garbage 

-It constantly DXGI’d on me (due to the TrueGlass.dll file probably) 

-It’s a bad memory hog 

-I can’t do half the things I can do with the FSL products!  

Morals of this story: 

1. FSLabs should 100% do an A330 (I’d prefer the -243 for me please but I’ll take all 3 variants!) 

2. FSLabs should absolutely take their products to FS2020 when the time is right.  

Kristian Berg
21 hours ago, valson bezerril said:

my feelings about fsl labs 320, awesome plane in a dead simulator

Then u have FBW A32NX, growing plane in a growing simulator :D

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
4 minutes ago, Kristian Berg said:

Then u have FBW A32NX, growing plane in a growing simulator

No thanks.  I’ll stick with the professionals. 

Andrew Akker
1 hour ago, Ross McDonagh said:

What exactly is "unprofessional" about what's going on with the FBW?

• Thanks 1
Alex Maidment

The FBW mod is an astonashing achievement considering it is community driven and free, it makes a mockery of the default a320.

However saying that, I would love to see the FSL in MSFS, the fidelity and complexity of the systems combined with the looks and feel of MSFS, it would become life like.

Screenshot (337).png

• Like 3
Ross McDonagh
2 hours ago, Andrew Akker said:

What exactly is "unprofessional" about what's going on with the FBW?

By professional, I mean an established company that does nothing but make FS addons.  I’ve got no problem with the guys doing the amazing work on that plane which puts the default to shame... But it’s still not something I would fly tbh. 

Árni Stefán Árnason
13 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Not only that but FBW is building a interface for Skalarki and according to my sources they work much quicker than FSL, who are painfully slow from my point of view and surprisingly slow to give so clear answers about their 2020 intentions.

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland

Again, FSL won’t give ‘clear answers’ about their MS Flight Simulator intentions because the tools needed to create the kind of high-fidelity addons that you’re asking for aren’t available yet. 

If developers were to use the SDK in its current state, it would require an entire rewrite of their code, meaning you’ll be waiting much longer. 

• Like 1
Predrag Danicic
4 hours ago, Árni Stefán Árnason said:

Not only that but FBW is building a interface for Skalarki and according to my sources they work much quicker than FSL, who are painfully slow from my point of view and surprisingly slow to give so clear answers about their 2020 intentions.

I think you have given a question and an answer at the same time, as well. If you find FBW is better, faster, or whatever else, you are free to use that product until FSL shows us theirs. As simple as that.

Personally, I would never ask/tell them to go with MSFS, since they still have actual product to update/add missing features/sharklets (not to mention :wub:). Given the fact the state MSFS SDK is, and also that ASOBO does not want to improve the way software is developed for a new platform, my guess is we will not see FSL nowhere near new sim soon.

• Like 1
Danny Moore

MSFS2020 has been having some serious growing pains over the last few days. First it started with the sever issues which effected scenery loading. Then after the last update users are reporting CTD and performance issues. Marketplace also has issue with users buying Las Vegas but not being able to download. And now users are loosing their profiles which results in loss of settings and log books. All this in just a few days and nothing being addressed until Monday hopefully. Even people who lost internet in Texas due to the snow storms couldn’t use their SIM because it requires an Internet connection. I’ll stick to P3D for my primary sim for right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Tim Vancauwenbergh

For the in depth simulation, P3D is the preferred platform for me and probabely remains like that for at least a few years to come. MSFS is nice and all but feels more like a game to me. Functionality and realism > graphics.

• Like 3
Lefteris Kalamaras
20 hours ago, Árni Stefán Árnason said:

Dear Arni,

my announcement post was pretty clear about our intentions. Please feel free to read it again. It explains where we stand.

Also, while I find it in poor form that you come into our forum to criticize our "painfully slow" progress (as if we could ever do something "faster" and we instead choose to delay ( ? for what possible reason could we ever do that! ), let me remind you that, contrary to other outfits, as long as your opinion is expressed in a manner consistent with a modicum of respect and the etiquette required, it can stay and be discussed here. Obviously, I might not agree with it, but it's a free world, isn't it :) .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Ramon De Valencia
1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Dear Arni,

my announcement post was pretty clear about our intentions. Please feel free to read it again. It explains where we stand.

Also, while I find it in poor form that you come into our forum to criticize our "painfully slow" progress (as if we could ever do something "faster" and we instead choose to delay ( ? for what possible reason could we ever do that! ), let me remind you that, contrary to other outfits, as long as your opinion is expressed in a manner consistent with a modicum of respect and the etiquette required, it can stay and be discussed here. Obviously, I might not agree with it, but it's a free world, isn't it :) .

Hi Lefteris,

I went to the Announcement subforum but didn't find any post related to FSL intentions on MSFS2020. I know you wrote something about it a long time ago but honestly I don't remember very well.

Is there any update from FSL towards MSFS2020?

Thanks!

Ajit Sidhu

MSFS is like most PC Games/Sims made these days, its all eye candy but under the hood the engine is severely lacking and is somewhat an after thought at the time of release. I mean they couldn’t even be bothered to release it with DX12 and still on the old DX11. That should tell you all you need to know about the state of the internals. P3D is still a worthy competitor and still the best at Airliner Simulation probably will be for at least another 1-2 year(s). Like a lot of things in life, Looks only last so long :blink: then you start looking at the internals and there’s a host of issues before FSLabs could get near it.

Ramon De Valencia
44 minutes ago, Ajit Sidhu said:

MSFS is like most PC Games/Sims made these days, its all eye candy but under the hood the engine is severely lacking and is somewhat an after thought at the time of release. I mean they couldn’t even be bothered to release it with DX12 and still on the old DX11. That should tell you all you need to know about the state of the internals. P3D is still a worthy competitor and still the best at Airliner Simulation probably will be for at least another 1-2 year(s). Like a lot of things in life, Looks only last so long :blink: then you start looking at the internals and there’s a host of issues before FSLabs could get near it.

I think this post is not about p3d vs msfs. I have all the 320X series and waiting for sharklets to continue my p3d simming for many years. It is more about FSL intentions on the new MSFS.

Ajit Sidhu
28 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

I think this post is not about p3d vs msfs. I have all the 320X series and waiting for sharklets to continue my p3d simming for many years. It is more about FSL intentions on the new MSFS.

If you read my post with a little more intent I listed a few reasons why FSlabs likely can't jump on the MSFS2020 Train, even state "host of issues before they could get near it"

I'll oblige you with another possible reason.. maybe FSlabs is waiting for the likes of FSDreamTeam and GSX to get over there first to see what they have to work with. A large part of the features we enjoy with the FSlabs that make it stand out are it's integration with the like of GSX. As I stated before I imagine 1-2 years before FSLabs gets to MSFS if ASOBO can get the SDK out as promised. I'm not interested in Debates, the fact is there is no SDK for FSlabs or anyone to work with in MSFS at the moment. Hopefully that changes soon, but then it's a question of does it do everything that Fslabs need it to. 

There's a small chance that the Final SDK just doesn't allow FSLabs to deliver a product at the standard we are used to for MSFS, I certainly hope thats not the case! Time will tell

Ramon De Valencia
1 hour ago, Ajit Sidhu said:

If you read my post with a little more intent I listed a few reasons why FSlabs likely can't jump on the MSFS2020 Train, even state "host of issues before they could get near it"

I'll oblige you with another possible reason.. maybe FSlabs is waiting for the likes of FSDreamTeam and GSX to get over there first to see what they have to work with. A large part of the features we enjoy with the FSlabs that make it stand out are it's integration with the like of GSX. As I stated before I imagine 1-2 years before FSLabs gets to MSFS if ASOBO can get the SDK out as promised. I'm not interested in Debates, the fact is there is no SDK for FSlabs or anyone to work with in MSFS at the moment. Hopefully that changes soon, but then it's a question of does it do everything that Fslabs need it to. 

There's a small chance that the Final SDK just doesn't allow FSLabs to deliver a product at the standard we are used to for MSFS, I certainly hope thats not the case! Time will tell

Please let the developers share their official approach on MSFS. 

The forums are full of the same information you are sharing here, nothing new or nothing we don´t already know.

Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

Please let the developers share their official approach on MSFS. 

The forums are full of the same information you are sharing here, nothing new or nothing we don´t already know.

Other than what FSLabs have already shared, what more would you expect?

https://fselite.net/news/fslabs-updates-airbus-a319-x-a320-x-a321-x/

The original post appears to have been deleted but this article references what FSLabs said back in October 2020. 

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

The original post appears to have been deleted but this article references what FSLabs said back in October 2020. 

Its back in place.

• Like 1