satdome in center of aircraft?

Steven Silva

hello everyone, sorry for bothering and posting something that may already be posted. The SATDOME will come with the publication of the SHARKLETS as I have read, the SATDOME in general are located next to the tail as in the LUFTHANSA image but in the DELTA AIRLINES image it is a little more towards the center of the aircraft. ¿Will this also be added in the future?.

again apologize for bothering with this and thanks in advance for the reply.

airbus_a320_lufthansa_antenne.jpg

duda fslabs.PNG

• Like 1

They are two different sat domes by two different manufacturers. The Lufthansa one is the one we are getting. The placement would alter the aerodynamics and cg profile which fslabs do model. So I doubt that we will see any other variant.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

They are two different sat domes by two different manufacturers. The Lufthansa one is the one we are getting. The placement would alter the aerodynamics and cg profile which fslabs do model. So I doubt that we will see any other variant.

I have all that very clear, only that the question is if FSLABS could model that in the future, possibly with the NEO :ph34r:

Marvin Toepfer
4 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

They are two different sat domes by two different manufacturers. The Lufthansa one is the one we are getting. ..

was there any statement about that?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

was there any statement about that?

if you mean the lufthansa one just look here 

which looks and awful lot similar to https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190205005272/en/Astronics-AeroSat-Receives-EASA-Certification-of-FliteStream®-SATCOM-Connectivity-and-AeroShield™-Radome-Systems

the Delta one is from GOGO which is now under intelsat

• Thanks 1