I want to go further ... America, Australia, Asia, Africa ...

Mischka Bär

Mischka Bär

Hello dear community, I recently bought the Boeing 747 from PMDG. I have to say that I am spoiled by FsLabs.

I would really like to fly a widebody (A330,340,350,380).

PMDG is good but not an option for me since FsLabs.

Are there already plans to build a long-range aircraft ???

Felipe Widmano

The PMDG 747 is a magnificent add-on of a truly remarkable aircraft. 

Saying PMDG is not an option since FSLabs would be the same as to throw away a Mercedes or a BMW for a Seat. Yes, the Seat might have a few more software gadgets and things that seem fun the first two or three times you use them, but the Mercedes and BMW bring true craftsmanship and excellence to the table, and have been doing so for decades. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
Koen Meier
Just now, Mischka-Bär said:

Felipe, what was my question? :huh:

"Are there already plans to build a long-range aircraft ???"

There will be Concorde presumably for v4.5 and v5. But for the rest is unknown 

• Like 1
Søren Dissing
1 hour ago, Mischka-Bär said:

what was my Question????

Well, MY question is this: did your parents really name you after a children's book?

71ygZP7qxnL.thumb.jpg.7e209836e6eb087350eddfb92966cafe.jpg

I suspect not, so before an admin asks you to I suggest that you change your forum name to your real first and last name - as per the forum rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
2 hours ago, Mischka Bär said:

Felipe,  what was my Question????

They said a while ago in a roadmap that preliminary work started on an A3XX and that all they could say about it was that it carries more fuel than an a320.

Nothing  new as been said about it since then.

Robert Sutherland
3 hours ago, Mischka Bär said:

Felipe,  what was my Question????

No one knows. The question has been asked before, and hasn't been answered. You won't get an answer now, either. 

• Thanks 1
Craig Norman
5 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

No one knows. The question has been asked before, and hasn't been answered. You won't get an answer now, either. 

But so many people have been left in the dark about it. I hope something gets announced after the sharks and Concorde.

Stu Antonio
30 minutes ago, Craig Norman said:

But so many people have been left in the dark about it. I hope something gets announced after the sharks and Concorde.

Even if they decide to develop a long range / widebody aircraft next, it could take years before we see a finished product, when look at the (legitimate) time they take to properly develop all the other variants and expansions. Throw MSFS into the equation and it will become even more uncertain when and where we will see a big one.

Craig Norman
3 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Even if they decide to develop a long range / widebody aircraft next, it could take years before we see a finished product, when look at the (legitimate) time they take to properly develop all the other variants and expansions. Throw MSFS into the equation and it will become even more uncertain when and where we will see a big one.

That's why P3D should be prioritised over MSFS, because even the SDK hasn't yet matured, and given the way FSL's innards operate, it's certainly going to need a rewrite.

• Confused 1
Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Craig Norman said:

That's why P3D should be prioritised over MSFS, because even the SDK hasn't yet matured, and given the way FSL's innards operate, it's certainly going to need a rewrite.

I agree, but FSL is (also) a business and it seems there is a lot of revenue in MSFS right now, just look at all the sceneries being released on a daily basis. I was very surprised by how many simmers already switched to MSFS based on navigraphs recent big survey. Investing in and starting a mutliple year long development of a new product for P3D only (instead of for example making the current products compatible within the next years) must be a hard decision to make. But then again, no idea what they plan or whar their scope is....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...