vPilot custom model matching (vmr) and FSLabs

Xander Koote

Xander Koote

Hello,

has anyone tried using their own model matching in vPilot for those times when FLAi just won't do? I have some set up. Especially since I usually fly in pairs or groups with friends. When the FSLabs is detected it seems landing gear are not detected. For example I have an A321. A friend a PMDG 737 with special color scheme (added in vmr file). However even though he is on the ground, I don't see his landing gear. Conversely no matter what type I fly, if the vmr model I am displaying is an FSL A3xx, his landing gear will not opertate.

My assumption, knowing FSL is that the landing gear operation is running outside of FS maybe? If so, can something be done to correct this?

Cheers,

Trevor Hannant

In all honesty, I wouldn't use any premium add-ons as AI traffic, the additional graphics load will eventually hit your system.  I've actually been working on an AI pack for the main VA I'm in so that none of us have to use PMDG, FSL etc for model matching - I'd recommend that if the paint scheme you want isn't in an AI pack, get one painted up and added to the FLAi pack with a custom VMR to pick it up.

• Like 1
Koen Meier

Using fslabs in vpilot as ai will tank the system due to all systems being simulated which is not what you want. 

Xander Koote

All clear on the performance front. We understand about the performance hit and have been doing it for years. We specify flight number in the vmr to load only one instead of a blank line that covers all A320's of a certain airline for example. I was just wondering if the developers have ever ran across this and/or if there can be a work around.

Norman Blackburn

Hi Xander,

The issue with using one of our models for AI, even if just for one other person is that whatever state your plane has, the AI will adopt.  This means you open a door, they open a door.  Strobes on your model, strobes on their model and so on.

As Koen and Trevor have also said, using a high end addon for AI is not something you want to be doing.