Thrustmaster TQ behavior

Andrew Pharoah

Andrew Pharoah

Please could anyone advise.

I have managed to get the Thrustmaster TCA working to a point, except for two outstanding problems.

1. When selecting Reversers, the on screen throttles shoot up to the TOGA detent.

2. When I advance the throttles forward to the TOGA detent, the sim dispaly swiches to an external view.

Any advice please?

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.

Andrew

Dominik Stahel

there might be a default P3D keymapping which is interfering, I had the same yesterday when I set up my throttles. Also maybe your detents are wrong (maybe you have set a negative instead of a positive value?)

Andrew Pharoah

Thanks for responding Dominik,

Detents set are:

Rev Max -1.00/-1.00

Rev Idle -0.9/-0.7

Fwd Idle -0.55/-0.40

CL 0.00/0.15

FLX 0.40/0.65

TOGA 0.97/1.00

I have deleted  View Next Catagory in P3D (was assigned to Button 9?) and that does seem to have removed a possible keymapping interference. But now when i move the throttles from FLX toward TOGA, they move backwards towards CL

On the Joy Stick

Also on the joystick, the hat switch is not reponding. I have it mapped to Pan currently. What am I doing wrong?

DanielBruehwiler

Hi Andrew

I had the same thing with the view change on TOGA. It was one of the P3D setting interfering.

I however have another problem my Hat switch only works on the external view, not inside the flight deck. Anyone has an idea what this problem may be? Chaseplane maybe?

Also my IGN and engines buttons work fine, however all the other switches on the joystick itself do not. 

How did you guys get yours to work?

Andrew Pharoah

Daniel,

I had the same problem with the joystic, but when I realised that the switches change sides if you have the joystic on the left or the right setting, then I discovered that they were in fact working. i.e. I have the joystick set to Left so buttons for Flaps switch over to RHS. Pressing left hand buttons will obviously not extend the flaps......Embarassed. :(

Never the less, it never ceases to amaze me that a professional compay like Thrustmaster, go to all the trouble of creating an excellent dedicated flight sim Airbus product, beautiful packaging etc, then don't think to sit down with the principal aircraft sim developers, (Aerosoft and FSLabs in P3D for example), to produce a bullet proof install and configuration process prior to launch!

DanielBruehwiler

Hello Andrew

I found the problem with the hat switch coming from chaseplane few minutes ago. In the chaseplane preferences - control assignments I needed to manually adjust the pan button from old my old saitek to the new thrustmaster.

Andrew Pharoah

Hi Daniel,

Thats grea news. I have done the same in ChasePlane and now my Hat Switch works too. Many thanks.

My remaining probles are that pushed right to the top of the TQ levers range where they stop, my in sim throttles jump back to CL and at Full Reverse travel on the hardware where they stop, the in sim software leavers suddenly jump forward to TOGA

If I hover carefully just below or above the hardware stop points this doesent happen, but i cant push full forward or pull full back.

Detents set in the MCDU are

Rev Max -1.00/-1.00

Rev Idle -0.9/-0.7

Fwd Idle -0.55/-0.40

CL 0.00/0.15

FLX 0.40/0.65

TOGA 0.97/1.00

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong please

Andrew

DanielBruehwiler

HI Andrew

I use this values and they work pretty well for me.

Rev Max -1.00/-0.95

Rev Idle -0.8/-0.6

Fwd Idle -0.55/-0.40

CL -0.20/0.20

FLX 0.40/0.55

TOGA 0.97/1.00

I myself noticed another problem today. When using stick input it sometimes moves my view point in the cockpit as well. So there must be still some strange setting coming from chaseplane. Anybody had this before?