EIS2 Update

Felipe Widmano

Felipe Widmano

Hi y'all,

are there any plans to include the latest updates to the instrumentation into our beautiful "A3xx Master Series"?

some changes, from the top of my head would be:

1) selected autobrake setting displayed in the FMA, 1st column, 2nd line when armed and 1st line when active

2) high/low on descend path indication in PFD (hi/lo in hundreds of feet, eg. 2500ft above profile would be displayed as a green "25" in the altitude tape)

3) bank angle message appears on PFD when, well, duuh, bank angle is excessive.

It's the new standard afaik and since the team seemed quite eager to bring the FMGC to the hottest, latest S8 standard, too, I figured it might be worth pointing out :rolleyes:

STEFAN DORDEVIC

Maybe sometimes in the future but with team already working on missing FMGS features and R-NAV capability update I don't think it would be any time soon.

Also in my opinion, I think that this kind of features you are requesting requires base code tweaking,which is a lot of work and it won't happen anytime soon.

I'm surprised that no one requested AUTO TCAS function hahaha...

That would mess up the base code even more.

But as Pascal said most of this features you listed is standard for NEO and a option for CEO.

• Haha 1
Felipe Widmano

Haha, you're probably right, let's keep the basic things working, the skeleton seems shaky enough :lol:

Funny how the rumours about chaotic project management and coding keep proving themselves true.

• Confused 5
Lefteris Kalamaras
1 hour ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Haha, you're probably right, let's keep the basic things working, the skeleton seems shaky enough :lol:

Funny how the rumours about chaotic project management and coding keep proving themselves true.

I would kindly ask you to not post these comments if you wish to remain in our forum. We strive to maintain a modicum of respect and kindness with each other. If you feel otherwise, there are other places you can post these and receive the needed attention, not here however.

Thank you for reading.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
STEFAN DORDEVIC

Most likely the updates will come,and there is no need to be harsh on them.The A320 project has come a long way  from 2016 till this days and meany revolutionary features were added from that period. The team is very open-minded when it comes to the stuff that we,as customers,want to see.

I've reported several issues like sec.fpl.perf.winds, missing FMGS features (although I am not the first one to report the problem credit goes to Artur @artur chuprikov) as well as RNAV lateral divination indicator which is needed for the RNAV approach certification and GLS capability (maybe we'll see it maybe will not but you can select the approach as of now,but the LOC and G/S are missing).

First problem was fixed and I hope with the upcoming updates the second and the third issue will also be fixed.Who knows maybe we will see the GLS  in the next update ayou never know with FSL.

Also you need to have constructive opinion and provide evidence from SOP's ,Videos...etc 

If you want to get new features added.

Most of the team has other RL jobs so progress depends on that and, which is most important,they aren't charging for the updates like some X,Y developer.

• Thanks 1
Robert Sutherland
9 hours ago, Felipe Widmano said:

So... It's a "no" on the updated features? :wub:

It’s a ‘if you expect to get a detailed answer, the best way to do that is not to insult the people making the product...’

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

As far as I know there is already the sharklets (it's called sharklets update but it actually adds a ton more stuff such as EFB) major update on the front burner. In development, it is never a good idea to get all over the place. One step at a time is much better! You can't blame the devs for that... 

Reinhard Feuerstake
On 1/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, Felipe Widmano said:

Nope, they're not. I would not have asked this if they were.

Hi Felipe, I contacted you via PM regarding this topic.