SIDESTICK PRIORITY simulated?

Marc Stanford

Marc Stanford

While looking through the sound files of the A320X I came across some files such as PRIORITY RIGHT and PRIORITY LEFT. I am aware that you can engage the priority funciton by holding down the takeover pushbutton on the side sticks I was wondering if the FSL bus allows this.

I assume it does but have not tried it yet. Is this a function only for the A320X Professional?

Robin Locher

Hi, it does not make sence, becaus you can fly the FSLABS only alone. Maybe later if ( we dont know that) a multi cockpit is avail.

Until now, it does not make any sence.

Nico Szegedi

It isn’t simulated yet, unfortunately. I asked as well because I‘d like to use FSLabs in my homecockpit. 

Afaik, the main reason is that your sidestick hardware inputs still go directly into P3D and are then being used by FSLabs. P3D can only use one sidestick at a time and always uses the latest sidestick if multiple ones are connected. 

@Robin oh it would make a whole lot of sense! FSLabs has now released every Skalarki Hardware driver, so the missing capability more more flight control hardware is really a limiting factor for homecockpit builders atm!

Luis Landa
44 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Check again in the upcoming release. Good stuff coming.

I’m so excited with the upcoming release :D 

Bryan Richards
4 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Check again in the upcoming release. Good stuff coming.

This has made me overly excited 

David Norfolk

Imagine if fslabs implemented shared cockpit though. Holy moly 

• Like 1
Pascal Grotzke
6 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

That would be amazing! Real ops :wub:

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Pascal Grotzke said:

That would be amazing! Real ops :wub:

Definitely, that's a whole new world in itself. Full on checklists, failures. The FO or captain could do the QRH while the other ones flying the planes etc. 

• Like 1
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Definitely, that's a whole new world in itself. Full on checklists, failures. The FO or captain could do the QRH while the other ones flying the planes etc. 

or just let one guy do all the comms in the heath of the moment.

• Like 1
Jamie Prince
9 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

I would pay good money for that!

• Like 1
David Norfolk
20 minutes ago, Jamie Prince said:

I would pay good money for that!

I think aloooot of people would.

• Like 1
Felipe Widmano
On 1/15/2021 at 4:02 PM, David Norfolk said:

Naahh dunno. It's already a low-workload aircraft in the sim...there would be even less to do if you're following SOP. And then, with all shared cockpit aircraft around, it's proven to be not as great a feature as it sounds - because most simmers don't really care about procedures to the extent that would be required for multicrew ops. Not even in my social flightsim bubble which I would consider a group of healthily geeky folks, much less so in the wider flightsim community as you can see on YT, twitch, etc etc.

There's also a lack of understanding of basic CRM principles (which some people still don't get even after MCC courses and Line Training, so fair enough). Especially in the sim, where you can't see the other guy flipping a switch, or where you can't see wether the other guy is looking at the same thing/indication you're looking at, communication is key, preferably in a precise and brief manner.

so, shared cockpit is not as fun and games and easy as it sounds at first. if you want it to work well, you have to study the manuals, especially the task-sharing sections, to an extent that would bore most flightsimmers cause, well...reading manuals isn't exactly exciting and fun entertainment, which is however, what people want from flightsim.

• Confused 4
Kristoffer Rivedal

I think you only see the issues and not the possibilities.  Besides nobody is forced to fly multi crew.

This would mean we finally could do the monitored approach at BAV. :lol:

• Like 1