Diappearing Planes

washguy

Have a new system with windows 7, dual core 8 gigs of ram. After 3 days of loading all the extra planes, many of the last ad ons are skeleton planes. I found the download from this site to fix that and now I have a BLACK screen. I cannot see the planes at all and I cannot fly now, screen turns black also....what next?

Guest Paul Smith

Hello, welcome to FSLabs.

The Texturefix utility is unsupported, as mentioned in the readme, however it is largely based on the findings of Jesus Altuve, and you can read a thread about all of those findings here http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538 I would also hazard a guess that you are running FSX in DX10 preview mode. If you are, then the clue is in the name. It's a preview, and therefore unfinished and unproven, many add-ons within FSX have a problem with this. Also, consider a check to see that you are running your latest Graphics Card Drivers, and that your Direct X, .Net Frameworks, and C# are all up to date.

HTH

Cheers

Smiffy

Hello, welcome to FSLabs.

The Texturefix utility is unsupported, as mentioned in the readme, however it is largely based on the findings of Jesus Altuve, and you can read a thread about all of those findings here http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538 I would also hazard a guess that you are running FSX in DX10 preview mode. If you are, then the clue is in the name. It's a preview, and therefore unfinished and unproven, many add-ons within FSX have a problem with this. Also, consider a check to see that you are running your latest Graphics Card Drivers, and that your Direct X, .Net Frameworks, and C# are all up to date.

HTH

Cheers

Smiffy

Smiffy, No I am not running in DX-10. You know us older guys, just want to plug things in and they work. My first FSX install on the new system seemed to be a disaster, buildings were missing and the planes were just shadows on the ground. I uninstalled and re-installed with better success and then started the entire process of loading the ad-ons, then the problems started to occur. The flight sim would crash with a BEX error after I changed views several times, someone suggested turnig down the graphics and then I got App: errors. Then I tried the (download) to fix the skeleton planes and now I have a Black screen.(not a big computor guy)Is there a way to un-instal that fix? Do I need to reload flight Sim? Ready to pull the gray hair out!!!

Washguy!

Guest Paul Smith

Hello;

Okay, here's what i suggest you do....

Re-install windows (using the 64 bit disk if you haven't already)

Install all the windows updates, and keep restarting and running windows update until it decides that there are no more updates

Install the 2005 and 2008 redists of C++ (search google for them, install the 32 and 64 bit versions)

Install the Feb 2010 DX Update (again from MS)

Then use this thread at simforums to install FSX http://www.simforums...s.asp?TID=29041

After that, use the texturefix utility

Hope that helps

It's a long and painful process i know, and i will not often recommend an OS Install, but i think on this occasion it might be the best way to go ;)

Cheers

Smiffy