A320 installation folder

Edward Stefanovich

Edward Stefanovich

Greetings. 

My first A320 purchase here. So to start I'd like to to ask what is the correct installation folder? I googled the answer but I found different suggestions. The installer is asking to select simulator location folder but by default it picks C: drive (P3D is in differed drive though). Several suggestions were to leave all folders paths in the installer by default and the installer will install the add-on in correct P3D folder during the installation. Not sure if this is true or not. 

Sabine Meier

if you leave it on default it will install the a320X in the P3DV5 addons folder on cdrive documents. i have it installed outside my sim but on the same drive which is the D drive.

Norman Blackburn

You can choose absolutely anywhere however we recommend you don‘t choose a protected (by Windows) folder such as your Windows folder, Prog anything, system anything or your P3D folder.

I have mine on the same drive as v5 but thats purely coincidental.

Edward Stefanovich

Thanks for the replies. Got it installed as suggested. Working now. 

Side note. Is there a way to disable pilot seat function using a middle mouse wheel? Looks like there is a conflict between Ezdok zoom and seat position. I cannot rotate knobs in FCU, when I change range or altitude I see and hear the CA seat moves but no inputs on FCU. Still cannot figure out correct zoom to avoid that conflict. 

Norman Blackburn

This sounds more like the classic P3D bug where your viewpoint is inside the headrest.  Please move it outside of the headrest and you will be good.

Edward Stefanovich
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

This sounds more like the classic P3D bug where your viewpoint is inside the headrest.  Please move it outside of the headrest and you will be good.

Yea. Did that, now I am sitting a bit too close. I will play with it. Looks like a have long way to learn this airplane. :)