FlightSimLabs and Vpilot 20FPS loss when on the Ground

Alexander Walter

Alexander Walter

Hi,

I loose 20fps when connecting to vatsim via vpilot in the fslabs a320!?

My specs: i7-9000, RTX2070Super, 32gb ram

Does anyone have any ideas? This issue only occurs when on the ground.

22 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Check in vpilot that it only uses flai for models. I suspect it loads fslabs models as well which you don’t want.

Actually had this happen on a event in EDDM and my FSLabs just went full stuka on final because frames were so low :blink:

Hard lesson learned for me...

Alexander Walter
2 hours ago, Alexander Walter said:

Thank you very much!

Indeed you were right the fslabs models were ticked...

It is fixed!

Happy new Year

Well it has made it A LOT better but it is still not what i think it could be... 

Capture.PNG

Michael Petersen

Vpilot has always had huge CPU usage impact on my system even with few AI . I noticed its most bad when lots of online  ATC is present.

Sometimes restarting the app 2 or 3 times helps. (From 8-10%) cpu usage to about 1-2%.

Michael Moe

Alexander Walter

So my FPS is at about 29-35fps at EGLL with traffic etc. and with that amount of fps it should be smooth, right? Well no it is jittery and laggy and inconsistant. my gpu usage is at 40% and cpu at 60%. In cruise i run at 65fps which is brilliant. My vram usage on the ground is also low at egll a little bit higher (5.0 out 7.1gb) and at others at about 3gb...

I do not see where the issue could be does it mean a reinstal of p3d? btw. the issue also exists with other aircraft not only the fslabs!

Thanks

stephen speak

One update I did that was reasonable priced and not too hard to do..and made a big difference..I installed a solid state disk..easy to install and if you go Samsung like I did you can download a program that doesn’t so much copy your hard drive but sends all the contents of your hard drive to your new ssd and wipes your old drive..I immediately seen a difference  

steve

Alexander Walter
10 hours ago, stephen speak said:

One update I did that was reasonable priced and not too hard to do..and made a big difference..I installed a solid state disk..easy to install and if you go Samsung like I did you can download a program that doesn’t so much copy your hard drive but sends all the contents of your hard drive to your new ssd and wipes your old drive..I immediately seen a difference  

steve

I am on a 1tb ssd. 

Alexander Walter
12 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

What are your specs and settings Alexander? Is this only online or offline too?

My specs are:

i7-9700 32gb of ram, RTX2070 Super

I use Active Sky and Active Sky cloud art and Envtex and Envshade. All on high performance setttings. 

The issue is a bit better when disconnected but it’s just not stable and or consistent. 

E11E80B8-6308-40EF-B0FB-F68226573506.jpeg

BB7D9C0F-425E-4A54-95F8-BFE9B9C32ED1.jpeg

58EC4632-DAEC-4F17-8095-44E0624E8F81.jpeg

Norman Blackburn

Ive a 2080ti and yes I can run it pretty much all to the right but your settings could be a little on the high side.  Autogen back to normal, terrain sliders brought back a bit for a start.  Save your settings before and after so you can easily compare.