Flight Control Check

Fraser Gale

Fraser Gale

Happy New Year!

For those who like to learn as much as possible about the best aircraft ever created, here is a little training for the flight control check.

I must confess I don't always do it fully in the sim, but some folk might like something interesting for the new year.  The exe is a training module with basic simulations and should open in a web browser, while the pdf is purely a print of the screens. 

Learning this control check by memory was apparently seen as a "right of passage" for any new Concorde pilot and it was learnt on the "cardboard bomber" before being practiced in the simulator.  

Enjoy - or not if you don't like complicated memory items...!

Training file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/132ovOs22VsIWCbE3XFAZ-J9eiukKcdBa/view?usp=sharing

PDF file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yIN22ZbGhvH1r9yg_cbLMG_BAiox4RuZ/view?usp=sharing

Frazz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Steve Prowse

Fraser, thanks for the training aid and your continued support for our Concorde community.  

keep safe

Steve

• Like 1
Fraser Gale
2 hours ago, Steve Prowse said:

Fraser, thanks for the training aid and your continued support for our Concorde community.  

keep safe

Steve

You are very welcome. 

Ramón Cutanda

I have just discover this today and I will consider it as my personal "gift". In Spain, and many other Spanish speaking countries, traditionally present are not brought by Santa Claus but by the Three Wise Men, which just happens to be celebrated today (the Epiphany). Thank you my "Fraser Wise Man"!

• Thanks 1
Fraser Gale
1 hour ago, Ramón Cutanda said:

I have just discover this today and I will consider it as my personal "gift". In Spain, and many other Spanish speaking countries, traditionally present are not brought by Santa Claus but by the Three Wise Men, which just happens to be celebrated today (the Epiphany). Thank you my "Fraser Wise Man"!

I have to say your tradition makes more sense than ours in many ways.  Not sure about me being a wise man, perhaps a strange Concorde geek maybe...

It has to be said there are bits of the check that can't be done in Concorde-X due to lack of the emergency flight control system and some dodgy switch logic, but hopefully in the future..........................

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Andrew Wilson
It has to be said there are bits of the check that can't be done in Concorde-X due to lack of the emergency flight control system and some dodgy switch logic, but hopefully in the future

Hold my beer...
  • Haha 6