[Resolved]Help if possible

James Burgess

James Burgess

Hey all, 

Wondering if anybody can offer me some help here.  Getting a complete hang (with loud buzzing noise) and sometimes to blue screen of death on pretty much every flight these days.   I've opened the event viewer to see if I can find out what's happening but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for and where I should be looking.  

Can someone guide me here?  Trying really, really hard not to launch this box out of the back door! Usually happens on final by the way/right at the end of the sector which is of course doubly frustrating.  

Been simming for a long while now and I've not suffered this before. My rig is not new but isn't bad (GPU excepted). 

Any help truly appreciated. 

James

Holger Teutsch

Hang with loud noise and occasional blue screen happened only when I overclocked to agressivly. Is your processor cooling ok?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

stephen speak

sounds like something hardware wise..i've had a memory stick go bad before and that caused a bsod..that was years ago mind..usually its a cooling problem..had something similar happen on mine ..lasted on and off for a couple of months..got fed up after a while and opened it up and got the compressed air can out andblasted the cpu heatsink..touch wood i've not had that problem since..if you have anything overclocked..cpu or graphics card..set it back to stock speed or get it water cooled

steve

James Burgess

Thanks guys. Nothing overclocked but you may be onto something with the heat.  With night flights and the current real world weather the CPU and GPU are working hard. 
I’ll get busy on that and see if it helps.  
Three crashes in a row today so basically unusable.
Appreciate you help. Will report back. 

Cheers 

James 

James Burgess
Thanks guys. Nothing overclocked but you may be onto something with the heat.  With night flights and the current real world weather the CPU and GPU are working hard. 
I’ll get busy on that and see if it helps.  
Three crashes in a row today so basically unusable.
Appreciate you help. Will report back. 
Cheers 
James 

Pleased to report that two cans of compressed air later, I’m tentatively calling this resolved!
Managed two sectors with no ctd and the latter was into DUB with the event traffic and awful weather! (Top class Atc I must add).
Thanks again for your contributions guys. It’s appreciated.
James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Lefteris Kalamaras changed the title to [Resolved]Help if possible