Will the FSLabs A320 be released for the new Flight Simulator 2020 ?

Malte Dietsch

Daniel Reber

People saying the new sim is a game because of physics: 

May I remind you that MSFS uses a whole new system, much much much more accurate to calculate physical behavior? I used to watch lifestreams of German youtuber who is FO on the A320 working for Condor (the German people in here will probably know who I mean). He was flying XP before and he says that MSFS comes much closer to reality than a sim like XP, sims like we´ve known for decades. Honestly, I can´t stop to think that people saying physics are too bad are just not able to adapt to a much more real feeling of flying an aircraft. To make clear what I want to say: Maybe there´s people who´s just NOT able to properly fly an aircraft... Many don´t want to hear something like that, but there is also a reason for people failing airline tests where you sit in a like "basic" simulator and where you have to show your basic mechanic skills of flying... Maybe think about that, in all honesty. 

Valesius Faulkner
7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don't know if the Airbus aircraft require DLLs in P3D (like Concorde does) but be aware that MSFS as it stands does not allow for DLLs to be run inside the simulator. Whether Asobo / Microsoft change their minds who knows. That would require a massive rewrite of the software which may not even resolve the issue.

Yeah I agree with you. That is why there is a massive effort between Asobo and 3rd party devs to create a framework that allows the DLLs and code made in FSX/P3D to be carried over. The other option would be to start from scratch which the flybywiresim A320 has been doing.

FBW sim are about to roll out an EFB for the MSFS A320N before even FSLabs does the same for P3D. No offence to FSL, just saying that MSFS allows 3rd party plugins if you are willing to code from scratch.

quote from a developer about the state of the MSFS SDK:

"This is what they mean with "SDK is incomplete" - it's not that the SDK doesn't allow complex aircraft to be developed for MSFS, it's just that currently the SDK doesn't allow complex FSX/P3D aircraft to be ported over successfully."

Ray Proudfoot

@Valesius Faulkner, whether FSL would want to port aircraft designed for FSX/P3D over or start from scratch is only a question they could answer.

I cannot see them even thinking about it until the SDK is mature enough to allow them to code in confidence knowing any work wouldn’t be wasted or broken should there be any updates.

Is there a willingness from Asobo to allow external DLLs to be run? That would appear to contradict the policy of not allowing them. That quote doesn’t specifically mention allowing DLLs to be allowed.

Koen Meier
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Valesius Faulkner, whether FSL would want to port aircraft designed for FSX/P3D over or start from scratch is only a question they could answer.

I cannot see them even thinking about it until the SDK is mature enough to allow them to code in confidence knowing any work wouldn’t be wasted or broken should there be any updates.

Is there a willingness from Asobo to allow external DLLs to be run? That would appear to contradict the policy of not allowing them. That quote doesn’t specifically mention allowing DLLs to be allowed.

Microsoft recently said that they want the pc and Xbox version to be the same. From that standpoint you could argue that any external dll that works on pc also needs to work on Xbox.

Ray Proudfoot
Just now, Koen Meier said:

Microsoft recently said that they want the pc and Xbox version to be the same. From that standpoint you could argue that any external dll that works on pc also needs to work on Xbox.

I have no idea how the X-Box works. Can it accept DLLs which are part of the Windows OS? I'm guessing not. They want MSFS to be a multi-platform game - hence the blocking of DLLs. It's hard to see how FS Labs can use current methods to get their Airbuses working in MSFS. A totally new methodology is required.

• Like 2
Valesius Faulkner
55 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

I confirm it will. The capabilities of the MSFS software will be the same on both platforms. Hardware compatibility and funcitonality is another thing though .... Can you connect a thrustmaster to an XBOX? Let's see.

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Valesius Faulkner said:

I confirm it will. The capabilities of the MSFS software will be the same on both platforms. Hardware compatibility and funcitonality is another thing though .... Can you connect a thrustmaster to an XBOX? Let's see.

Not so much talking about the sim but the operating platform.

Ray Proudfoot
2 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

If they want the two platforms to function the same then surely that rules out any 3rd party DLLs. That’s why they’ve prevented them.

Valesius Faulkner
On 2/6/2021 at 11:58 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

If they want the two platforms to function the same then surely that rules out any 3rd party DLLs. That’s why they’ve prevented them.

On 2/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, Koen Meier said:

Not so much talking about the sim but the operating platform.

Tricky, let's see what the SDK yields.

Ross McDonagh
On 12/25/2020 at 12:42 PM, Jordan Collins said:
On 12/25/2020 at 12:25 PM, Bob Zolto said:

I think 2021 is way way too optimistic. 

+1

FSL has always done it right-no matter the time.  I wouldn’t have it any other way, though an update from Lefteris wouldn’t be  a bad thing since it’s been a bit since we’ve heard anything.   But-as far as FSL goes-no news is good news to me-means they’re working away at bringing us some amazing stuff.