High Altitude Ops: ECAM Pressure Warning?

Louis Vallance

Louis Vallance

Hi Everyone,

I was messing around at La Paz with a high altutude departure to get a feel for the A/C performance. I notced that the excess cabin altitude ECAM warning sounds shortly after takeoff. I know that this is normal at such cabin altitudes, but I thought this warning might be suppressed (or perhaps delayed) in the event that the High Alt Landing button is pressed.

Below is a video of my experience. The takeoff roll begins at the 04:24 mark.

My simple question: Is this stuation normal? If not, is there anything I might've done wrong?

Cheers,

Louis

Louis Vallance

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for the answer.

Or at least searching forum?

I should have clarified in my first post: I have already searched the forum and I already studied the post that you linked (following the engine start and takeoff SOP suggested by Bruno).

Have you considered looking into fcom?

According to Feras Alloush, who posted in the aforementioned forum post: "... airbus sop does not have special section for high apt apts"; I wouldn’t know about the FCOM.

I also searched the Normal Procedures document that comes with the FSLabs installation, and I did not find anything pertinent.

Cheers,

Louis

Edited by Louis Vallance
  • 4 weeks later...
Alessandro Loguercio

Why you put GEN 1 and 2 OFF before start engine?

Edit: HYD OFF before start?? Really!? Before you doing High-Alt ops you should restart from thebasic. :(

Edited by Alessandro Loguercio
Louis Vallance
28 minutes ago, Alessandro Loguercio said:

Why you put GEN 1 and 2 OFF before start engine?

I was following the SOP shared by the user B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o in this thread.

29 minutes ago, Alessandro Loguercio said:

Edit: HYD OFF before start?? Really!? Before you doing High-Alt ops you should restart from thebasic.

This comment is in poor spirit, but I'll humour you anyway. I can't remember why I switched them off (I never touch those switches during normal operations). I was either getting Bruno's SOP mixed up, or I was just messing around because, you know, it's a simulator?

Cheers,

Louis