FPS issue when msg text either green or red appears on screen

James Crutchley

James Crutchley

When ever green or red message text is on screen fps tanks horribly. I have stopped using p3d's built in fps counter. If i depress pedal button to steer while taxiing I have fps tank when message text is on screen. If I turn off message text I get warning from P3D that this will break addons that use it. I am on latest version of fslabs a320 and latest version of p3d 5.1. Any one have any suggestions to fix this? Issue only affects FSLABS products. I have also had CTD when loading this aircraft with latest updates to p3d and fslabs. It takes up to half hour of trying to load aircraft. It either has a CTD or something bugs out like radio not displaying etc. I have tried uninstalling and cleaning out fslabs and reinstalling aircraft with no luck. Is this user error for fps and ctd? Or is there some issue with p3d or aircraft? I have tried loading with just p3d and aircraft to localize issue but no luck. I have tried loading into other planes and had zero issues. Issue is completely local to fslabs.

James Crutchley

P3D gives me an error message telling me if I disable message bar i will break addons. Is this true? Or can i safely disable it and not break sim? Because it says specifically that it will cause addons to be disabled that require message text. Almost all of my addons use message text too. If i have to go and find every instance of message text in every addon and disable it to be able to use flsabs products I will wait for either p3d or fslabs to fix it. I find the sim works fine with other aircraft and have no issues other than with flsabs aircraft. If it is indeed a p3d bug it is a bug that only affects fslabs products as far as I can tell. It may affect many other things and i just don't notice.

In the fslabs what you can do is to disablethe warning notice

GWPU8.png

and in p3d you can do this GWPUF.png

for me i get zero fps issues.

Edited by Koen Meier
James Crutchley

TY i appreciate the help I will try that. I imagine it will solve the issue. Next time before i get totally frustrated i will post looking for help. I want to say ty for the suggestion.