Strange Problem

Truls Petter Elven

Truls Petter Elven

Hello!

When using Simbrief to enter a flightplan to the MCDU, like BIKF-CYUL, or KSEA-PHNL,LPPT-BIKF or ESGG-GCLP and import the flightplan to the MCDU, and I always get about 6000 or 8000 NM into the waypoints instead of correct NM.  Even all Navs is updated to correct AIRAC and also correct Nav updates from (https://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html)  into the main sim (P3DV4.5).

anbody else got this problem?  

18 minutes ago, Truls Petter Elven said:

Hello!

When using Simbrief to enter a flightplan to the MCDU, like BIKF-CYUL, or KSEA-PHNL,LPPT-BIKF or ESGG-GCLP and import the flightplan to the MCDU, and I always get about 6000 or 8000 NM into the waypoints instead of correct NM.  Even all Navs is updated to correct AIRAC and also correct Nav updates from (https://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html)  into the main sim (P3DV4.5).

anbody else got this problem?  

walk through the route to see a error. pilots do this all the time.

I agree with Koen, always cross-check the totals of mcdu and ofp. 

I get this on some routes too, where the FSL takes a different waypoint with the same name from somewhere around the world. But it’s very rare and nothing I would even call a bug. 

Ivan Melon Lewis

Double and triple cross check of the route vs OFP is crucial. This is something that I used to skip and got some bad surprises after 5 or 6hrs flying. Even in 45min flights, I do an exhaustive route cross check. For this regard, the PLAN mode in the EFIS is your good friend ;)

• Like 1