Honeycomb Bravo vs Thrustmaster Airbus throttle

Bob Zolto

Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I have an Alpha yoke, a Thrustmaster Airbus sidestick and use a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle.  The Bravo will be available soon, but who knows when the Airbus throttle will be available again.

• 3 weeks later...
Ryan Breaker

I'd say it depends on what you do, if you fly exclusively Airbus then the Thrustmaster may weigh heavier, but if you fly a bunch of different stuff then I'd say Bravo, especially if you do any smaller aircraft like GA or twin-props. The issue from there of course is that both of them are going to be out of stock for a while.

I got my Bravo just recently from the day-one preorder and be aware that it has some big pains when it comes to getting it configured in P3D until profiles for the FSLabs start to come out (currently much easier in X-Plane). My one complaint about the Thrustmaster that I've heard initially from V-1 is how the detents in it are all equal distances from each other, removing a lot of manual throttle control space otherwise available in the real throttle. If that wasn't a problem I'd be itching to get one of those as well almost.

Markus Burkhard
On 12/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, Bob Zolto said:

Does anyone have an opinion on this?  I have an Alpha yoke, a Thrustmaster Airbus sidestick and use a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle.  The Bravo will be available soon, but who knows when the Airbus throttle will be available again.

I would argue that you using a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle right now, you already own the superior product amongst the 3 mentioned here. Unless you plan on ONLY flying Airbus for the foreseeable future, I would recommend to keep flying with the Warthog throttle. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Danny Moore
On 12/24/2020 at 12:19 PM, Markus Burkhard said:

I would argue that you using a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle right now, you already own the superior product amongst the 3 mentioned here. Unless you plan on ONLY flying Airbus for the foreseeable future, I would recommend to keep flying with the Warthog throttle. 

Marcus

I see you also use the Ace Yoke and the TM Warthog. I also have the Ace yoke and last week I managed to get the TM warthog. Do you have any picks of your setup. I’m trying to figure out how I want to setup my controllers.

Benny Wong

Manual Flying with TCA throttle is a pain in the Axx. The manual range is very limited and it is hard to make small adjustment in manual approach, resulting in either overpower or underpower. 

I wish they could make it a bit larger so we would have a longer manual range to play with

• Like 1
Koen Meier
7 minutes ago, Benny Wong said:

Manual Flying with TCA throttle is a pain in the Axx. The manual range is very limited and it is hard to make small adjustment in manual approach, resulting in either overpower or underpower. 

I wish they could make it a bit larger so we would have a longer manual range to play with

if they increased the size of the unit then they could have accomodated a larger radius.

Ross McDonagh
1 hour ago, Benny Wong said:

It really is Benny, in fact-my unit which works well for detents and shows in calibration that it’s even as I push the thrust levers forward-the right throttle applies about 5% more N1 than the left throttle resulting in quite a bit of juggling to be done.  I can’t figure out how to even it out between FSUIPC and the detents.  I usually stick to auto thrust but I sure coulda used manual last night going into KRNO with an 18kt straight crosswind and wind shear. 

Riccardo Masia
7 hours ago, Benny Wong said:

If you haven't already, look here:

Bob Zolto

Given the number of threads and responses about setting up the Bravo and the TCA, I've decided to stick with the Warthog.  Easy enough to set up and solid.

Chris Frasure
On 3/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, Koen Meier said:

if they increased the size of the unit then they could have accomodated a larger radius.

For the price, I was quite surprised by the size of the unit.  It really is too small.

• 2 weeks later...
Markus Burkhard
On 3/22/2021 at 12:10 AM, Danny Moore said:

I see you also use the Ace Yoke and the TM Warthog. I also have the Ace yoke and last week I managed to get the TM warthog. Do you have any picks of your setup. I’m trying to figure out how I want to setup my controllers.

Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately I can't help out with pictures of my sim setup, as I haven started taking it apart. The ACE Yoke is about to go as it shows its age and has lost its precision. It will be replaced by a Fulcrum Yoke, whenever they manage to get it built. The TM Warthog has also been taken apart, I'm only using the grip now and use a VirPil MongoosT-50CM2 Base instead, as it is MUCH more precise than the Thrustmaster one and offers resistance forces a bit closer to a real Airbus stick. 

However I do keep the Warthog throttle for now, but I have my eyes on the new Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, thinking that the finger lift mechanism would be great for reverse in an Airbus. 

All this will be mounted onto a MTX Sim Rig by Monstertech, using various bits and pieces that can be attached to it. The goal is to have an ergonomic and comfortable sim setup, being versatile enough to replicate controls for an Airbus, Concorde, Boeings, Cessna SEPs, fighter jets and WW2 warbirds in a sort of realistic way.
I did not receive my Monstertech parts yet, as I am waiting for their flight seat to be released which can be mounted on top of the base frame. However having spent a lot of time figuring out what parts I need and what they offer, I can already recommend that you take a look at their stuff, there are plenty of fantastic options available indeed.

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras
14 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

...versatile enough to replicate controls for an Airbus, Concorde, Boeings, Cessna SEPs, fighter jets and WW2 warbirds in a sort of realistic way....

You're fired :D.

• Haha 2