[SOLVED] ConcordeX, vPilot & FSUIPC Key Press

Ben Griffiths

Ben Griffiths

After upgrading my PC, I’m  now able to get some decent mileage out of ConcordeX (and move on from SSTSIM)

One issue I’m having is when trying to use vPilot, in particular the PTT key. I have the # key assigned as my PTT key, I then assign one of the buttons on my Yoke via FSUIPC to simulate the # key being pressed.

In order to have vPilot on screen, I’m running FSX in windowed mode. When Window’s “focus” is on vPilot, the PTT works fine (either by using the # key or the button on my yoke. However when Window’s focus is on FSX the PTT is “unreliable”. I.e. I can see the Transmit light on vPilot flashing irregularly.

It’s as though ConcordeX is “hijacking” key presses.

I’m pretty sure it’s a ConcordeX issue, as the exact same process works fine with P3D (v4) and with other aircraft on FSX (ConcordeX is the only Payware plane I have for FSX)

Has anyone else experienced similar? What’s the best way of getting online on VATSIM with ConcordeX.

Edited by Ben Griffiths
Solved
Kyprianos Biris

I use left CONTROL key for vPilot PTT and never had such an issue with ConcordeX.

Ben Griffiths

While Googling the problem, I came across this post: 

That sounds similar to some of the issues I’m seeing; sometimes ALT+Enter to go full screen doesn’t work, using space to enable mouse view can be ropey and Ctrl+. to enable the parking brake doesn’t always work.

These problems are only present when using ConcordeX, and not with any other aircraft.

I’m not in front of my PC at the moment to check if Steam Overlay is enabled or not (I’ll try it tomorrow) but is there a known issue with the CIVA gauge and Steam Overlay?

• Ben Griffiths changed the title to [SOLVED] ConcordeX, vPilot & FSUIPC Key Press
Ben Griffiths

Just to follow up on this - it was indeeed Steam Overlay that was casuing the issue. Something in ConcordeX (possibly the CIVA gauge as per the linked thread) doesn't get on with Steam Overlay.

Turning off "Steam Overlay" was faily simple!

Back on VATSIM with Concorde - here I come :-)

• Thanks 1