Best Virtual Airline award goes to...

Viktor Timko

Hello everyone,

first of all I hope you are all safe and will stay safe during this pandemic. If there is anything positive on the new way of living in 2020 it could be more time on our hands to fly! I have been flying for a long time and just at the begining of this year started flying with virtual airlines. I  have tested a few and although i know similar thread already was posted on this forum, i feel like this environment is constantly changing and I wanted to ask you about your opinion about the best Virtual airline in your opinion. I fly mostly in Europe and was wondering if there might be a good VA with realistic operations that i have not found.

I understand that there are different criteria for everyone but please don't hesitate to post your personal rankings and elaborate if you feel like it! :)

My top 2: 

1. Star Alliance virtual
  • huge database of routes which are not always 100% up to date, but you can choose from different airliners, planes, routes etc.
  • custom ACARS with detailed evaluation of each flight phase (biggest advantage in my opinion)
  • not so active community in my opinion 

2. BAVirtual

• perfectly acurate routes which are updated on weekly (!) basis
  • older but good ACARS with posrep every hour
  • active community, multiple events (with challenges and prizes!) 

• Like 1
Daniel Bonenfant

I fly here: Premier Virtual Airlines

Just about every airline in the world with up to date schedules for premium members (older schedules are free and still just about every airline).

Good, simple acars. Simbreif and or PFPX integration. Also charter flights.

You can interact/or not. Me, I just fly. There is a Discord server and a forum. I'm not one for online chats, but discord seems to be hoppin.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daniel Bonenfant said:

Just about every airline in the world with up to date schedules for premium members (older schedules are free and still just about every airline).

You can interact/or not. Me, I just fly. There is a Discord server and a forum. I'm not one for online chats, but discord seems to be hoppin.

Looks interesting. Sign up link doesn't work though.

• Like 1
stephen speak

British airways virtual..been a member for nearly 20 years..realistic routes and a great community spirit 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Daniel Bonenfant said:

That sounds good! Will check them out. I also like when the focus is mainly on flying but appreciate when the VA is active with their operations ans schedules events or some special challenges. Was also wondering if there is a VA that would use Hoppie and our ATSU to move it even more in the realism sector

On 12/12/2020 at 6:12 AM, Antonio King said:

Looks interesting. Sign up link doesn't work though.

Was looking around their website and found that you can register via this link https://crew.premiervirtual.org/auth/

I have to say i like the concept and the level of detail in this VA, i even would consider the premium membership but their website could use some work and also they are not the most responsive to support requests.

• Norman Blackburn locked this topic