Airbus sidestick mod (in progress)

Ifikratis Kamenidis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Daniel Jaffe

Apparently, fsprojects is overwhelmed with work and orders.  I was expecting my order by now given that I ordered on January 24 -- even with the warning that they wouldn't start on those orders until February. 

Has anybody received their order recently?  If so, when did you place it?

Stu Antonio
3 minutes ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

Apparently, fsprojects is overwhelmed with work and orders.  I was expecting my order by now given that I ordered on January 24 -- even with the warning that they wouldn't start on those orders until February. 

Has anybody received their order recently?  If so, when did you place it?

I have placed my order on Feb 2nd and just yesterday asked them about the status, because they initially said I would receive it by April.
Latest news for me is, that I will probably get it within this month (I think that means by the end of April if I'm honest), so basically about 12 weeks after I ordered it.

Will see if that works out.

Daniel Jaffe
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

I have placed my order on Feb 2nd and just yesterday asked them about the status, because they initially said I would receive it by April.
Latest news for me is, that I will probably get it within this month (I think that means by the end of April if I'm honest), so basically about 12 weeks after I ordered it.

Will see if that works out.

They just sent me a similar estimate.  Finger crossed.

• 5 weeks later...
Daniel Jaffe

It’s May 3 and it’s still in progress (ordered Jan. 24). I do see they are still saying it takes 3-4 weeks to make one, but if you place an order now they won’t start on it until July. So they must be very busy. 

• 2 weeks later...
Stu Antonio

So I received my Flightsimprojects Sidestick (FO) plus a brand new TM Hotas magnetic base for it last week and I have to say, I'm unfortunately no that thrilled (yet?). I'm having some difficulties and issues with the setup any maybe someone who is using it for some time can comment on this:

1. The stick: It looks awesome, it feels great, it's manufactured very professionally. But here, it produces squeaks/creaks and cracks while moving especially during load changes. It seems to be coming from the connecting plastic parts and I can also feel them during movement. It give the whole thing a rather cheap feel and I'm a bit disappointed by that. I contacted the guys at Flightsimprojects and they told me it might has to settle in and those sounds will go away with time. But after some 30+ landings, I still have that issue and I'm not that confident it will go away. 

Does anyone have had similar experiences?

2. The magnetic base: With so many serious simmers and real life pilots using this product, I'm surprised how difficult I find it to handle and enjoy it. The centering spring extremely strong, especially around the center, which makes it hard to do smooth movements from one side to the other. And it's hard to be precise when you have to use so much force. At least I do. Furthermore, it has some "stickyness" to it, so it won't move smoothly as I reduce force but moves a little then stops for a fraction of a second then keeps moving etc...  With my old TCA stick (which is ridiculously "light", I see that) I can at least do smooth and uninterrupted movements through all axis and back. It feels too light but I'm way more precise with it.

Does the spring of the Hotas base maybe get weaker with time? 
Do I need to maybe put some more lubricant on it to stop the stickyness? (it's brand new)

I'd be thankful for any reports or shared experiences on the matter. 

BR
Stu

• Thanks 1
Frederic Portemer
On 9/20/2021 at 8:15 PM, András Major said:

I don't need all those PCBs (incidentally, volume pricing means that I would have paid the same total amount even if I only had one made...), so give me a shout if you're interested.

Bonjour, vous reste t'il des pcb svp ?

( Hello, do you have any pcbs left please? )

András Major
On 5/21/2022 at 11:40 AM, Frederic Portemer said:

Bonjour, vous reste t'il des pcb svp ?

( Hello, do you have any pcbs left please? )

I have some, check your message inbox.

Daniel Jaffe
On 5/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, Stu Antonio said:

So I received my Flightsimprojects Sidestick (FO) plus a brand new TM Hotas magnetic base for it last week and I have to say, I'm unfortunately no that thrilled (yet?). I'm having some difficulties and issues with the setup any maybe someone who is using it for some time can comment on this:

1. The stick: It looks awesome, it feels great, it's manufactured very professionally. But here, it produces squeaks/creaks and cracks while moving especially during load changes. It seems to be coming from the connecting plastic parts and I can also feel them during movement. It give the whole thing a rather cheap feel and I'm a bit disappointed by that. I contacted the guys at Flightsimprojects and they told me it might has to settle in and those sounds will go away with time. But after some 30+ landings, I still have that issue and I'm not that confident it will go away. 

Does anyone have had similar experiences?

2. The magnetic base: With so many serious simmers and real life pilots using this product, I'm surprised how difficult I find it to handle and enjoy it. The centering spring extremely strong, especially around the center, which makes it hard to do smooth movements from one side to the other. And it's hard to be precise when you have to use so much force. At least I do. Furthermore, it has some "stickyness" to it, so it won't move smoothly as I reduce force but moves a little then stops for a fraction of a second then keeps moving etc...  With my old TCA stick (which is ridiculously "light", I see that) I can at least do smooth and uninterrupted movements through all axis and back. It feels too light but I'm way more precise with it.

Does the spring of the Hotas base maybe get weaker with time? 
Do I need to maybe put some more lubricant on it to stop the stickyness? (it's brand new)

I'd be thankful for any reports or shared experiences on the matter. 

BR
Stu

Stu,

Just saw this.  I got mine recently too.  I agree with the creaking noises.  Not thrilled.  Also, the mounting ring starting loosening pretty quickly.  I do really like the quality of the gaiter with it though and I think it helps with stabilizing the stick.

The Thrustmaster does return to center pretty strongly and it can be a little bit "sticky".  There are videos where people literally grease the whole base/ball system with special lubricants but it looks like a big project.  The thing that makes the Warthog stick work pretty well with the base is that the stick is very heavy giving you more leverage.  Conversely, the FSProjects stick is relatively light.  Thus, I've found that the base has to set rock solid to get the sidestick to move more smoothly.  

Regardless, at the price point, it definitely could be a better experience. 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
Finn-Lennart Möller
On 5/25/2022 at 6:29 PM, Daniel Jaffe said:

Stu,

Just saw this.  I got mine recently too.  I agree with the creaking noises.  Not thrilled.  Also, the mounting ring starting loosening pretty quickly.  I do really like the quality of the gaiter with it though and I think it helps with stabilizing the stick.

The Thrustmaster does return to center pretty strongly and it can be a little bit "sticky".  There are videos where people literally grease the whole base/ball system with special lubricants but it looks like a big project.  The thing that makes the Warthog stick work pretty well with the base is that the stick is very heavy giving you more leverage.  Conversely, the FSProjects stick is relatively light.  Thus, I've found that the base has to set rock solid to get the sidestick to move more smoothly.  

Regardless, at the price point, it definitely could be a better experience. 

Hi, as I want to modificate the Sidestick. Do you have thos Videos?

Thanks in advance

Finn

Daniel Jaffe
On 7/2/2022 at 6:30 AM, Finn-Lennart Möller said:

Hi, as I want to modificate the Sidestick. Do you have thos Videos?

Thanks in advance

Finn

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

Thanks for the info, Norman. I am making enquiries. How did you get over the missing 'top-hat' control?

I tenden not to us a hat in the past so I had no issues.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Dave Taylor
On 2/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

I took these yesterday.

20210227_123129.jpg

20210227_123137.jpg

20210227_123151.jpg

20210227_123114.jpg

20210227_123122.jpg

20210227_123107.jpg

20210227_123058.jpg

Unavailable?

Tom van der Elst

Unavailable?

I think he wiped them, it being 15 months ago.

Norman Blackburn

Unavailable?

Sorry they are from a post nearly 18 months old.  I removed a lot of images I had saved in the forum system. 

• Sad 1
Tom van der Elst

Hurray I was right for once :D

• Haha 1
Riccardo Masia

I'm severely looking into the option to combine FSProjects' airbus sidestick mod with the Virpil VPC base. Did anyone try this combination so far and how good is it?

• 2 weeks later...
Audput Tomas
On 11/7/2021 at 11:01 AM, Diogo S Ferreira said:

Hello, i bought the Mod for TM Hotas from the Tallota Brothers (FSProjects) in September and receive it in Octobe because they didn t have it in stock :) but only now i had time to test it properly :), it's very good the "touch" feeling is in my opinion the same as the real one and with the Airbus Rubber i bought from them i think it gets some more stifness as the real thing :). The assembly was very easy and calibration even more as simple as they show it on video ;).

The buying process was easy and the payment also ;), and it was sent by UPS from Italy to Portugal after being ready.

For a possible future costumer from Fsprojects i received and email from them saying that i paid more 10.00 euros than expected for the rubber and they sent me a discount voucher i can use or give it to someone ;), so if anyone is interested in buying it please let me know :)

i Strongly advice this Sidestick mod to the users of TM Hotas i think it's a must have for use with FS Labs :)

My Best Regards

Diogo Ferreira

20211006_224122.jpg

20211006_224114.jpg

Hi Diogo,

Where are you mounting this on? It seems like you have a pedestal or cabinet? The rubber top looks real good, like you could use it on a dektop. Where do you buy this from?

• Like 1
Dave Taylor
On 7/20/2022 at 12:06 AM, Dave Taylor said:

Your a big infuence on me Norm. I ordered yesterday.  No email confirmation yet. :(

I am becoming very concerned that this company are asking for their money, well before delivery. As we all know that they seem to be snowed under with purchases and claim a six week wait.

Norman Blackburn
4 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

I am becoming very concerned that this company are asking for their money, well before delivery. As we all know that they seem to be snowed under with purchases and claim a six week wait.

Mine took a fair amount of time Dave.  Sits now on my desk permanently.

Dave Taylor
7 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Mine took a fair amount of time Dave.  Sits now on my desk permanently.

Yes, I accept that but they are saying things (on FB) like making sure that i have enough money in my account and make sure that it goes to them, even though they already have my card payment details.  Surely they wouldn't have sent their acknowledgement of purchase if that wasn't good enough. Previously I had ordered and they said they didn't have the order. The last email shows two, now so i have asked them to confirm that I have only ordered one. They have not responded to that request.

Diogo S Ferreira
On 7/30/2022 at 6:32 PM, Audput Tomas said:

Hi Diogo,

Where are you mounting this on? It seems like you have a pedestal or cabinet? The rubber top looks real good, like you could use it on a dektop. Where do you buy this from?

Hello Sorry for the "late" answer im out of the country in Vacations :D.

That is a cabinet i've built, and the rubber on the top i bought it from FSC.it 

My Best Regards

Diogo Ferreira

Dave Taylor
18 hours ago, Dave Taylor said:

Yes, I accept that but they are saying things (on FB) like making sure that i have enough money in my account and make sure that it goes to them, even though they already have my card payment details.  Surely they wouldn't have sent their acknowledgement of purchase if that wasn't good enough. Previously I had ordered and they said they didn't have the order. The last email shows two, now so i have asked them to confirm that I have only ordered one. They have not responded to that request.

They responded today via email.

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
4 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

They responded today via email.

Monday - most likely as a business they had the weekend off.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 8:21 AM, Stu Antonio said:

interesting video:

I have also ordered the stick. My Joystick is the TM HOTAS Warthog that looks the same as your Magnetic base so, hoping the new handle works?

Diogo S Ferreira
1 minute ago, Dave Taylor said:

I have also ordered the stick. My Joystick is the TM HOTAS Warthog that looks the same as your Magnetic base so, hoping the new handle works?

Yes it works ;) it's the one i use, the magnetic base is the same :).

My Best Regards

Diogo Ferreira

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Diogo S Ferreira said:

Yes it works ;) it's the one i use, the magnetic base is the same :).

My Best Regards

Diogo Ferreira

Thanks Diogo.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/20/2022 at 12:06 AM, Dave Taylor said:

Your a big infuence on me Norm. I ordered yesterday.  No email confirmation yet. :(

Now they need payment in a bank transfer. They sent me the details but am struggling with it. I don't use Pay-pal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 9:46 PM, Dave Taylor said:

Now they need payment in a bank transfer. They sent me the details but am struggling with it. I don't use Pay-pal.

Received Yesterday and a big WOW.