Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Rick Postma

Good morning!

I start to mistrust my Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals...

On takoff it is very difficult to keep the centerline, small moves cause big reactions. The same with the A2A Cessna. It´s nearly uncontrollable, untill i set the "Autorudder" in P3D 

Anybody with tips, or experiences ? The settings are all calibrated as it should....

3 hours ago, Rick Postma said:

Good morning!

On takoff it is very difficult to keep the centerline, small moves cause big reactions. The same with the A2A Cessna. It´s nearly uncontrollable, untill i set the "Autorudder" in P3D 

Anybody with tips, or experiences ? The settings are all calibrated as it should....

Or,

any experience wtih other brands, like saitek or others?

Sergei Lobuzko

You should set maximum sensitivity (127, or a little less) and dead zone at approx "9". And try. You will understood that you really control the plane. But be careful, this is not a car. Tiny movements. But you figure it out, when set these settings. 

Markus Burkhard
On 12/2/2020 at 7:55 AM, Rick Postma said:

So you're saying it used to work a lot better in the past? And what kind of Thrustmaster pedals do you own, the new TPR ones?

13 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

So you're saying it used to work a lot better in the past? And what kind of Thrustmaster pedals do you own, the new TPR ones?

It seems to be more „touchy“   I own the old ones. 

Markus Burkhard
1 hour ago, Rick Postma said:

It seems to be more „touchy“   I own the old ones. 

Right. So it can happen that sensors of older, cheaper rudder pedals deteriorate over time. But before you replace yours, have you tried adding some curve to the rudder axis, as well as perhaps widening the null zone a bit? Adding curves to axes unfortunately is not possible within P3D, you'd need the paid FSUIPC for that.

• 3 months later...