FSLabs control input control menu

Aviram Etz Hadar

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Aviram Etz Hadar said:

Can some one please guide me how to get to this tool..?

(is it via the p3d addons link may be?)

Once the sim is loaded on the menu bar there is a tab called addons. Open the flightsimlabs sub tab which should give you the key command assignments.

Hendrik Herryjanto
3 hours ago, Aviram Etz Hadar said:

That’s all the input commands..?? am I missing something.. I need to configure the thrust levers quadrant..

image.thumb.png.ea6406808ef811cc001cba744c48a097.png

That is what I see. Looks there is something missing with your settings.

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Aviram Etz Hadar said:

anybody has an idea why am I missing the TCA Flightstick & Quadrant lines in the FSLabs input commands page..??

Which fslabs version do you have? Cause it was only introduced for the last version which supports p3d v4.5hf3 and v5

• 4 months later...
devrim cagdas

I have the same problem since I updated latest version. TCA quadrant doesnt displaying on inputs menu. I have updated tca as well. Thrust levers are wworking properly but other buttons (Eng masters, Eng mode sel, test) are not. In control menu of p3d It also shows TCA quadrant. In previous update It was all accessible through fslabs inputs menu

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Raymond van Os

Exactly te same problem I´ve been having since the latest update, prior to that no problems whatsoever, hope someone will find a solution shortly

• 2 weeks later...
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, ROBERTO TRUJILLO said:

SAME HERE!!!!! IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Sorry for yelling

TCA users, have you followed this?

Simon Schwenke

And I even uninstalled everything, including P3D (was time anyway with a new graphics card) and still, to this very day, my ENG knbos and the mode selector do not work. After following all of the advise given here and elsewhere.

Norman Blackburn
51 minutes ago, Simon Schwenke said:

And I even uninstalled everything, including P3D (was time anyway with a new graphics card) and still, to this very day, my ENG knbos and the mode selector do not work. After following all of the advise given here and elsewhere.

You followed this, to the absolute letter?

Simon Schwenke

You followed this, to the absolute letter?
Yeah, I did. It somehow worked right of the box the very first time, but stopped the next time.

I will go through the whole process once more, just to really make sure that it is not a user problem. Will let you know how it went.

Gesendet von meinem Mi 9T mit Tapatalk

Simon Schwenke

BTW, how do I get the NWS button to remain pushed? Before, I could mouse click it or push the assigned button once, but now mouse click doesn't work and I have to keep pushing the button.

Koen Meier
21 minutes ago, Simon Schwenke said:

BTW, how do I get the NWS button to remain pushed? Before, I could mouse click it or push the assigned button once, but now mouse click doesn't work and I have to keep pushing the button.

Is sticky still enabled in the mcdu NWS control options?

Simon Schwenke
On 5/3/2021 at 4:12 PM, Koen Meier said:

Is sticky still enabled in the mcdu NWS control options?

Yeah, that was set to off. Thanks for the hint! Must have forgotten about that particular setting when I had everything running on my old rig.

Simon Schwenke
On 5/3/2021 at 3:48 PM, Simon Schwenke said:

Yeah, I did. It somehow worked right of the box the very first time, but stopped the next time.

I will go through the whole process once more, just to really make sure that it is not a user problem. Will let you know how it went.

Okay, I went through the whole process again and it did not work from the beginning. I was almost at the point to just give up, but then gave one last trick a go. I deleted, as Lefteris had asked people to do in another thread, the keyboard.ini (or rather renamed it) and let it rebuild with the next start. Et voila! It worked, ENG master switches and mode selector knob working like a charm.

I do not know what was different all the times before but I am truly happy that it works again. And thanks to listening ;)

A_ndré_F_olkers
Okay, I went through the whole process again and it did not work from the beginning. I was almost at the point to just give up, but then gave one last trick a go. I deleted, as Lefteris had asked people to do in another thread, the keyboard.ini (or rather renamed it) and let it rebuild with the next start. Et voila! It worked, ENG master switches and mode selector knob working like a charm.
I do not know what was different all the times before but I am truly happy that it works again. And thanks to listening

Will add it to the document
3 hours ago, Simon Schwenke said:

Good idea and thanks for the guide you created! Much appreciated!

Hey Simon. Where can i find the keyboard.ini File? 

Simon Schwenke
2 hours ago, Daniel Lorenz said:

Hey Simon. Where can i find the keyboard.ini File? 

Hi Daniel,

it should be in the main FSLabs folder, where you installed the product into. I installed the FSLabs Airbus' into a separate Addon folder because I don't want my documents folder to be used for that.

To cite Lefteris from the other thread: "found in the FSLabs subfolder of where you installed the FSLabs aircraft (default would be c:\users\<yourname>\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs)" 

So, if you did chose to install it to a different location, then that is where you have to look.

Best,

Simon

• Thanks 1
Pascal Wagner

Hi simmers. First of all i do apologise, if this was mentioned anywhere. Will the Honeycomb bravo throttle quadrant with the respective airbus levers being considered here either from FSLabs. I mean do i really need the FsLabs menu, or can I still use the p3d input menu? I prefer this throttle system over the TCA cause with the airbus levers its in my eyes more versatile. 

Thanks 

A_ndré_F_olkers
20 hours ago, Daniel Lorenz said:

When i rename or delete the file after the restart there will be no new file generated. :(

You could do a reinstall of the FSLabs A320 in your case then you will have a new ini file...

Simon Schwenke
13 hours ago, Pascal Wagner said:

Hi simmers. First of all i do apologise, if this was mentioned anywhere. Will the Honeycomb bravo throttle quadrant with the respective airbus levers being considered here either from FSLabs. I mean do i really need the FsLabs menu, or can I still use the p3d input menu? I prefer this throttle system over the TCA cause with the airbus levers its in my eyes more versatile. 

Thanks 

Hi Pascal,

as far as I understood Lefteris and other officials here on the forums, the new logic introduced with the last patch (and the corresponding FSLabs control menu) is only available for automatic setup with the TCA products. If you do not own these products, the FSLabs control menu inside P3D won't show keybindings.
Therefore, you have to setup your control inputs either via the P3D control options or via FSUIPC.

Putting the Airbus throttle levers on your Honeycomb Bravo doesn't change this, as it is only a 'cosmetic item' or addon to your throttles. Please refer to the manuals on how to setup custom controls. I am sure you will find enough information there. If you still have questions, I would refer you to several threads about how to setup custom controls (search the forums).

All the best,

Simon

• Norman Blackburn changed the title to FSlabs TCA control panel
Pascal Wagner
10 hours ago, Simon Schwenke said:

Putting the Airbus throttle levers on your Honeycomb Bravo doesn't change this, as it is only a 'cosmetic item' or addon to your throttles. 

That's clear. But the TCA is to much limited to Airbus. I also like flying the 747 from PMDG and this solution does fit better for me. And flying a Cessna 172 in MSFS with the Alpha and Bravo controls is a real joy. Yes the bravo quadrant does not feature Airbus specific buttons. But this is not necessary. I think i can figure it out with the detent zones in the FMC and the P3D menu. 

Thanks Simon

Simon Schwenke
6 hours ago, Pascal Wagner said:

That's clear. But the TCA is to much limited to Airbus. I also like flying the 747 from PMDG and this solution does fit better for me. And flying a Cessna 172 in MSFS with the Alpha and Bravo controls is a real joy. Yes the bravo quadrant does not feature Airbus specific buttons. But this is not necessary. I think i can figure it out with the detent zones in the FMC and the P3D menu. 

Thanks Simon

Hi Pascal,

you are welcome! The TCA range of products is certainly not designed to be a jack of all trade kind of product. Since I fell in love with FSLabs Airbus, I did intentionally choose to go for it, hoping that we will get a long-haul 'bus in the future, with which I can use the hardware as well.

But I get your point, since I enjoyed flying PMDG's B777 a lot and I still have my Saitek yoke sytem and radio panel which are stowed away at the moment. Yet for me personally, the TCA setup takes less space than Saitek's products which is a huge point for me.

Best,

Simon

Søren Rasmussen

Are you sure that the keyboard.ini file addressed in this thread is not called FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini. I can't find any keyboard.ini file in my FSLabs installation folder.

FSL_A320X_Kbd.ini is in the main installation folder.

Anyway I did by the TCA stick and throttle, but must say that I do absolutely prefer my current HOTAS Warthog stick and throttle - they stay where I place them and don't move all over the place when used.

Daniel Lorenz
On 5/6/2021 at 2:44 PM, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

You could do a reinstall of the FSLabs A320 in your case then you will have a new ini file...

That has solved my issue. Thank you.