Clouds/Sky

Ian Bowden

Hi everyone, just wondering what you are all doing re sky/cloud textures on P3Dv5? EA is getting there but night lighting I think is awful (not dark enough!) and the clouds don’t quite cut it yet.

I’ve just upgraded my PC so have a very clean install of P3D5 with the latest hot fix. Usual addons but I don’t want to overdo it, my last install was tweaked so much it got annoying!!

Thanks in advance!

Ian.

During the daytime I fly with EA ON and on night flights EA and HDR OFF. I’ve reduced night brightness, saturation and bloom on Envshade settings. You can also reduce the stars brightness using one of the many tweaked stars.dat files you can find on Avsim.

I’m quite happy. Now I can enjoy my night flights.

39 minutes ago, brendon powys said:

For me EA off all the time, still looks far from realistic to orange

So what do you use for sky and cloud textures? Just default P3D or something like envtex?

Ian.

Oliver Mitchell

I have EA off, with ASCA and Active Sky when that releases later today.

Regarding the night lighting, I use reshade and I find that with only the 'levels' checkbox checked, the night lighting is far superior to default. No visible ground apart from the stuff ORBX lights up - roads and cities and the likes.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Mitchell said:

I have EA off, with ASCA and Active Sky when that releases later today.

Regarding the night lighting, I use reshade and I find that with only the 'levels' checkbox checked, the night lighting is far superior to default. No visible ground apart from the stuff ORBX lights up - roads and cities and the likes.

Thank you. Do you happen to know which ASCA preset you use? I read that AS is released. I was in the open beta so I’ll update that this morning.  I also read that envshade and envtex are working with HF1 now so might reinstall them!

brendon powys
4 hours ago, Ian Bowden said:

So what do you use for sky and cloud textures? Just default P3D or something like envtex?

Ian.

Eventex and asca, HDR off

I'll post some screen shots later I'm at work now

• Like 1
Oliver Mitchell
10 hours ago, Ian Bowden said:

Thank you. Do you happen to know which ASCA preset you use? I read that AS is released. I was in the open beta so I’ll update that this morning.  I also read that envshade and envtex are working with HF1 now so might reinstall them!

I used to use full dynamics. From now on I'll either continue to use that or use global automatic

• Like 1