new PC for A320

Andrew Slater

Andrew Slater

I'm looking to buy a new PC just to run FSL A320 and am looking at the chillblast range. Any thoughts on the nimbus 5 versus captain flight sim PC? Many thanks.

Antonis Kastrinakis

Why not build your own? It's like Leggo nowadays :D

Save yourself some coin in the bargain too.

Andrew Slater

Thanks for the suggestion. I used to build my own years ago, but am getting lazy in my old age! Just wondered if anyone had experience with the chillblast PCs, as there is some affiliation with FSL, I believe...

Ray Proudfoot
On 11/27/2020 at 7:47 AM, Antonis Kastrinakis said:

Why not build your own? It's like Leggo nowadays :D

Save yourself some coin in the bargain too.

When you buy a ready-made one it comes with a warranty and support. Buying components and building it yourself gives no overall warranty, just one for individual components and no support.

Many people like me prefer the security of a tested, overclocked system. I used to build my own but don’t bother now for the reasons given above.

Andrew, my last one came from Chillblast, an excellent company.

@Andrew Slater I've had my Chillblast for a few years now and I have been very happy with it.  My only regret was that at the time, SSD's were still very expensive for their limited size and so I went for more "old fashioned" storage but loads of RAM.   I'm about to add a new SSD drive to it in the hope it improves performance enough for future simulation requirements, without me having the expense of a new machine...

The good thing is they arrive ready to be simulators, so none of the messing about with settings for clock speed etc which have always terrified me anyway!