DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG

Alex Hnarakis

Alex Hnarakis

Hi

Is anyone else running into a DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG error with the latest FSL A320 v5.0.1.119 in P3Dv5.1HF1?

The previous version was running fine in P3Dv5.1, but I'm having trouble with the new one.

All other addon aircraft (PMDG) are working fine...

Cheers

Alex

Stu Antonio

I get this error more frequent with 5.1 than before. But it's a LM issue, in their forum it sounded like they would tackle this problem but it seems they cannot solve it. Lowering settings is the only thing that kinda helps.

Alex Hnarakis

The thing is, 5.1 which I had previously ran fine. No DXGI errors at all.

Steps to reproduce (if anyone can please try to see if it's the same behaviour, it's driving me crazy):

- Load up FSL A320 IAE at Flightbeam NZWN gate 25, time set 09:00UTC

- Within 1-5mins the DXGI error will occur

VRAM running out shouldn't be an issue as I have 24GB... My specs below:

- i7-10700k @5.0Ghz, HT off

- RTX 3090 24GB

- 32GB ram

Robert Ruprecht

No idea what settings you have in P3dv5, but try setting them all to normal. Try again and see if you get the error again, if not slowly increase them until you do. You may have to settle somewhere between the two. If you have already tried that not sure what else would work. I have the same CPU as you, and an RTX2080 super. I have everything in P3D running on medium / normal  , and HT on, That’s about as much as I can run without getting the error back, running on 8 MSAA. 

Alex Hnarakis
1 hour ago, Robert Ruprecht said:

No idea what settings you have in P3dv5, but try setting them all to normal. Try again and see if you get the error again, if not slowly increase them until you do. You may have to settle somewhere between the two. If you have already tried that not sure what else would work. I have the same CPU as you, and an RTX2080 super. I have everything in P3D running on medium / normal  , and HT on, That’s about as much as I can run without getting the error back, running on 8 MSAA. 

Good suggestion. I've tried bringing everything back to absolute minimum (sliders all the way to the left) and same result - instant hang on loading NZWN gate 25...

1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

In my case, I actually don't get the "HUNG" errors but DXGI ERROR DEVICE RESET crashes. Sounds like it's the same ballpark... but idk.

I had 1-2 resets too...

Oddly I can sit at FlyTampa YSSY for 30mins in the bus and no crashes. And other aircraft work fine at Flightbeam NZWN. Maybe the FSL/Flightbeam aren't playing nicely? 

Robert Ruprecht

Alex, My 3 reset errors were all at LFSB, so scenery might be a culprit. Touch wood, my last 6 flights have been ok, and I am avoiding LFSB. There maybe light at the end of the tunnel, if LM are looking at it. 

Stu Antonio

On my machine, the DXGI ERROR DEVICE RESET crash will only occur while I

- are in extermal (or wing-) view and
- moving the (chaseplane) camera with the mouse while holding the wheel button to do it

It doesn't happen every time, I can move around without issue most of the time, but WHEN it crashes, I'm always currently doing the above.

This observation (to this day)  didn't help fixing it though.

Holger Teutsch

Sim-wing's EDDH is a candidate as well. It looks fantastic but hangs or VRAM full errors are frequent. I don't want to turn down my settings just for using one specific airport, so I went back to Justsim's EDDH 8-(.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Alex Hnarakis

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I found this thread and set Tdrlevel=0 in the registry.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/574077-p3dv5-dgxi-error-device-hung-with-an-rtx-2080ti/page/12/

So far, I've managed to go through a scenario that was previously not possible on an number of tests. Used to get DXGI errors each time and this time it was fine.

Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers