Airframe Configuration

Alexander Polcher

Alexander Polcher

Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

I am currently working on revised Airframe Configs and a few questions showed up regarding the [Fltsim] and [Weights] section.

[Fltsim]

Determining the max_num_pax (on basis of Condor's A321 D-ATCA [https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Condor_Flugdienst/Condor_Flugdienst_Airbus_A321-200.php] I could already see two different options in configuration.

a) "208" only the max number of seats

b) "208/69/70/69" with divided sections

The real aircraft has a 208/M24/Y184 configuration (24 Premium Economy / 184 Economy). Could this be anywhere represented, or is this type of division into three common sections the standard usage?

[Weights]

This section gives a various range of entries. However, I have valid datas for MZFM, MLM, MTOM and DOM but not for BEM (which is called basic_airframe_weight in your documentation). Is it possible to work without this column and just use the other ones? Also, the column dry_operating_weight is missing in the manual.

Additionally I found some errors in your manual which are a little bit annoying in terms of configration. On page 4/12 of A320X Aircraft Options.pdf you are showing an example configuration file of G-EZEZ where SELCAL is shown with "EMKS" (without dash). One page later, the section is described as "KM-CG" with a dash. Is it stated with or without dash? Additionally, when there is no SELCAL, do I need to place an empty entry?

Thank you for answering my questions!

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
7 hours ago, Alexander Polcher said:

The real aircraft has a 208/M24/Y184 configuration (24 Premium Economy / 184 Economy).

Hi Alexander,

Please do not confuse cabin classes (your example) with weight and balance zones.  They are not the same.  

Koen Meier

you can add the dry operating weight line yourself. the difference between the dry operating weight and empty weight in the fslabs is based on crew, caterign and water.

Alexander Polcher
21 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Alexander,

Please do not confuse cabin classes (your example) with weight and balance zones.  They are not the same.  

Hey Norman,

thank you for your response. That's the reason why im asking, from my personal background in Flight Operations we've had actual loading per seat and not zones (even it was a "LCC" at this time). So, I saw that writing the gross number itself gives a common distribution in the MCDU by itself. Should be working fine!

31 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

you can add the dry operating weight line yourself. the difference between the dry operating weight and empty weight in the fslabs is based on crew, caterign and water.

Hi Koen,

thanks for your response as well. I was asking because the DOM/DOW is not mentioned in the manual, as I described it. I do also know the relation between Basic Mass (BM), Basic Empty Mass (BEM) and Dry Operating Mass (DOM).

However, not knowing the type of operation, a fixed DOM is from my point not really easy to be defined.

Thanks so far!