P3DV5.1 HF1

Christopher Bull

Christopher Bull

Hi there, will Spotlights work ok in HF1? I'm just re-installing the buses, can I just re-enable Spotlights 5.0.0.2 and it will work ok? 

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Lefteris Kalamaras

In the manual for v5, page 11,  it's mentioned that P3Dv5 changed the graphics engine to utilize DX12 and that's why the control window wasn't able to be used. As far as I know 5.1 HF1 changed this and the windows can be used again, can't they? Is there a way to reenable them?

Cheers

Lefteris Kalamaras
1 hour ago, Marc Ehnle said:

@Lefteris Kalamaras

In the manual for v5, page 11,  it's mentioned that P3Dv5 changed the graphics engine to utilize DX12 and that's why the control window wasn't able to be used. As far as I know 5.1 HF1 changed this and the windows can be used again, can't they? Is there a way to reenable them?

Cheers

5.1HF1 changed it how?

7 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

5.1HF1 changed it how?

There was an issue in v5.1 I believe with displaying the sim's ATC window as they changed it to html or so (I have no idea about what I'm talking here, so bear with me please) and there were workarounds setting them back to the originals. In HF1 they seem to have fixed that and I thought I had read something about DX12 and how it worked with the windows now.. That's why I ask, whether you might have simply "forgot" this window between all the other work. If it's not possible, I can wait :D 

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear Marc-

it's not related - the way Spotlights put a control window in place took advantage of some internal DX11 capabilities that are not there in DX12. To be honest, I am not seeing this happening any time soon unless there is something new available in the PDK which so far is not there.

Never say never, however.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Dear Marc-

it's not related - the way Spotlights put a control window in place took advantage of some internal DX11 capabilities that are not there in DX12. To be honest, I am not seeing this happening any time soon unless there is something new available in the PDK which so far is not there.

Never say never, however.

Okay, thanks for the clarification Lefteris!