v119+ and GSX

Andrew Wilson

Robin Locher
On 11/24/2020 at 6:01 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

It's a bug - a fix is being tested by the teams.

Hi, today with the latest build (v126) I am standing on a jetway gate at EDDF, panel state was cold and dark. I pressed the mech horn to connect the Jetway and ground power. 
But only the Jetway was connecting and I got no ext pwr. 
GSX is on the latest build also.
Maybe andrew can help

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew Wilson

• Stu Antonio

• Koen Meier

• Klaus Schmitzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In this build we introduced a deeper integration of the ground power source with GSX. Customers who use GSX Level 2 will now find the following functionality available:  Once loaded in on stand, c

It's a bug - a fix is being tested by the teams.

Soontm  

Posted Images

Simon Brygg
3 hours ago, Robin Locher said:

Hi, today with the latest build (v126) I am standing on a jetway gate at EDDF, panel state was cold and dark. I pressed the mech horn to connect the Jetway and ground power. 
But only the Jetway was connecting and I got no ext pwr. 
GSX is on the latest build also.
Maybe andrew can help

I have noticed that you have to press mech the first thing you do. EXT PWR won’t connect if you turn on the BAT first for example. I tried it at FRA as well and it is working if you press mech the first thing you do after the sim loads up. I have cold and dark as my starting scenario. 

• Thanks 2
Stu Antonio

Thinking this further, I wouldn‘t mind the option to have this exact task done fully automatically (maybe some day). Like AES back then. Load the flight, „horn“ signal gets auto-send Jetways/Stairs/GPU get connected while I‘m still sitting in the crewbus watching :D

STEFAN DORDEVIC
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

Thinking this further, I would welcome the option to have this exact task done fully automatically (maybe some day). Like AES back then. Load the flight, „horn“ signal gets auto-send Jetways/Stairs/GPU get connected while I‘m still sitting in the crewbus watching :D

It would be a nice feature,but it's up to Virtuali and FSL...

Stu Antonio
Just now, STEFAN DORDEVIC said:

It would be a nice feature,but it's up to Virtuali and FSL...

Well, FSL alreday inplemented the function that GSX services can be called with a button in their cockpit. I‘m just saying this „call“ could maybe just happen automatically when loading a flight. 

Robin Locher
On 12/20/2020 at 1:14 PM, Simon Brygg said:

I have noticed that you have to press mech the first thing you do. EXT PWR won’t connect if you turn on the BAT first for example. I tried it at FRA as well and it is working if you press mech the first thing you do after the sim loads up. I have cold and dark as my starting scenario. 

It worked, but now it dont work any more.It only connected the jetway

• 2 weeks later...
Stu Antonio

Is it possible to turn the automatic interaction between the FSL ans GSX off?

'Cause I'm often running into situations where it's not doing what I want or it is not working correctly. For instance:

- GPU not arriving although it's showing "GPU requested".. I waited 15min at the H-pier at EHAM.... never showed up.
- After ferry or training flights, GSX is automatically unloading baggage and pax that actually haven't been on board. In this cases I just want it to connect stairs and that's it.
- GSX is always automatically sending a GPU on a remote stand, which I don't always want/need. 

I do appreciate auto-functions in general but I think I would prefer to go back to calling the services myself in order to have a little more control over it.

Norman Blackburn

Have you brought up these issues with FSDT Stu?

Andrew Wilson

GSX is always automatically sending a GPU on a remote stand, which I don't always want/need

I will see what I can do.

Stu Antonio
47 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I'm not quite sure what to tell them... (and I suppose they would as always point in your direction, because the FSL calls the services).

The mentioned issues happen quite randomly and I have no "proof" or log or anything. Before I gather all info on those incidents, I thought I might as well ask for an option from you guys that enables me to call/control everything myself again. This would solve my problem where the baggage guys are doing what they are paid for even if I don't want that or pax-busses arriving even if I don't have pax on board or the GPU connecting even if I don't need it etc... 

There are many situations/airports where things are just different, a "auto/manual" switch would be great... :)

Andrew Wilson
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

There are many situations/airports where things are just different, a "auto/manual" switch would be great... :)

I think we can do that. 

• Thanks 2
Stu Antonio
Just now, Koen Meier said:

An auto manual switch would help if you are doing training flights instead of line flights .

Or if you have APU only rotations.... 

Norman Blackburn
51 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I'm not quite sure what to tell them... (and I suppose they would as always point in your direction, because the FSL calls the services).

We call them but in the examples you show they dont show or they unload bags where no bags exist for example.

Stu Antonio
27 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

We call them but in the examples you show they dont show or they unload bags where no bags exist for example.

Will try to replicate this first. 

Frederic Giraud

good day

today i had a problem, thirst time i have this problem, just before starting engine, APU was online, deactivate ground power and gsx remove gpu.

But at this time i lost the possibility to access flight plan and all function of the fms, like when you start cold and dark.

What was the problem?

Andrew Wilson
5 minutes ago, Frederic Giraud said:

But at this time i lost the possibility to access flight plan and all function of the fms, like when you start cold and dark.

What was the problem?

You have provided no information for us to even begin to guess at what the issue might have been.

Frederic Giraud

what to you nedd andrew?

there s nothing to tell unfortunally, it is not the first time i use this plane, last version with gsx up tot date.

Andrew Wilson

Airframe/Livery/Departure airport and gate

Flight plan route (if you uplinked from Simbrief, you'll have the pdf file in your Public Documents/FSLabs/Routes folder). Please upload that here. 

Most importantly, if you run the scenario again, can you reproduce the issue? If you can consistently reproduce a problem, then we can take the above information and attempt to reproduce/fix here.

Andrew Wilson
20 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

GSX is always automatically sending a GPU on a remote stand, which I don't always want/need.

@Stu Antonio - I've added an option to disable the auto-call into GSX for GPU/Deboarding. All of the other GSX actions are triggered by user actions (INT ACP etc). Unless you can think of any other options you'd like to see added here. Please let me know, so I can add these to the next build.

Stu Antonio
14 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

@Stu Antonio - I've added an option to disable the auto-call into GSX for GPU/Deboarding. All of the other GSX actions are triggered by user actions (INT ACP etc). Unless you can think of any other options you'd like to see added here. Please let me know, so I can add these to the next build.

Sound great. Can‘t think of anything else really, being able to control the services myself upon arrival is pretty much all I wanted :) Thanks! 

Stu Antonio
20 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Here‘s Umberto‘s reply on my question why GSX unloads passengers even though I didn‘t load any:

Quote:
When GSX is under control of a 3rd party airplane, it relies on that plane to set the number of passenger correctly. I *think* there's some code in FS Labs to always set the GSX passenger number at 20 minimum, to prevent the small Van to be seen, and always get the Bus, which comes when the passenger number is at least 20.

But thanks to your added option to do it manually again, I can simply not call for deboarding after training flights etc. 

Stu Antonio
12 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Ok - let me know if you think of anything, we can always extend the logic there. 

Only thing that has been on my „wishlist“ for quite some time is the option to skip the crew bus/boarding (the flightcrew-boarding seems to be gone for a while now). I‘d prefer to have  just the passengers arriving when I call for boarding and cabin crew already on board from the start. It always felt strange to me that after 20min of preparation, the cabin crew would *finally* show 2min before the pax... :) 

But I‘m not sure that‘s something you can control....

• Like 1
Frederic Giraud
4 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Airframe/Livery/Departure airport and gate

Flight plan route (if you uplinked from Simbrief, you'll have the pdf file in your Public Documents/FSLabs/Routes folder). Please upload that here. 

Most importantly, if you run the scenario again, can you reproduce the issue? If you can consistently reproduce a problem, then we can take the above information and attempt to reproduce/fix here.

After my last message i restart my flight and wasn't able to reproduce the problem

Thanks

Khoa Nguyen

@Andrew WilsonHello Andrew, am I doing any thing wrong because my GPU is not automatically connected when arrive at the gate/stand any more, have to do it via MCDU options

Stu Antonio

I have another strange observation that could be connected to the occasions where the GPU -presumably- doesn't show up on arrival after *beacon off* even after quite some time.

So I had this at several airports now, I arrive at my stand, turn off the beacon and GSX automatically calls for stairs. OK. Then it automatically calls for the GPU (I can confirm because it shows "GPU requested" when I look in the menu). OK.

But the location the GPU spawns and is sent from differs from when I do it manually!

I arrived at LOWS yesterday, stand W3. The GPU spawned way down in the south and started to make it's way to the aircraft eeever so slowly (I had the feeling it was moving slower than normal, but I can't say for certain).

But when I load a scenario in LOWS stand W3 and call the GPU myself, it spawn a 100m or so behind the plane.

I find this a little strange, why is it different? What determines the spawn location? The same thing happened at EDDH and EHAM, where the GPUs never arrived (even though they showed "requested"), but now I suspect that they spawned so far away, it just took them >20min to arrive (never waited this long tbh).

Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Stu - these are questions you need to put to FSDT.

Okay, thanks. I just thought you guys maybe program how the bus uses GSX or something. Will switch to FSDTs forum.

David Clark

Has anyone else had a change in the automatic GSX departure flow (ie pressing INT) in the last couple of weeks whereby Chocks and Power are not removed automatically?  Not sure if it was after I updated the A320-X to latest build or a recent routine update to GSX but this has only started happening in last 2 weeks, it used to all be done automatically.

I set everything up using MECH at start of flight and have no issues with fuelling or boarding, and no issue with jetty removal or getting pushback crew connected, it just won’t call for brakes release until I go into MCDU and remove chocks and GPU.

I’ll do a bit more testing in the meantime.

Stu Antonio
8 minutes ago, David Clark said:

Has anyone else had a change in the automatic GSX departure flow (ie pressing INT) in the last couple of weeks whereby Chocks and Power are not removed automatically?  Not sure if it was after I updated the A320-X to latest build or a recent routine update to GSX but this has only started happening in last 2 weeks, it used to all be done automatically.

I set everything up using MECH at start of flight and have no issues with fuelling or boarding, and no issue with jetty removal or getting pushback crew connected, it just won’t call for brakes release until I go into MCDU and remove chocks and GPU.

I’ll do a bit more testing in the meantime.

AFAIK that was always the case, when the GPU is connected chocks won‘t be removed automatically.

Try removing GPU (switching to APU power by turning off GPU on the overhead should remove the GPU automatically) first. After that, call for pushback.