v119+ and GSX

Andrew Wilson

Andrew Wilson

In this build we introduced a deeper integration of the ground power source with GSX. Customers who use GSX Level 2 will now find the following functionality available: 

Once loaded in on stand, click MECH HORN to setup the aircraft. This will: 

- Call Stairs followed by GPU on remote stands
- Or Call Jetway into position 
- This process can take up to 20 seconds

When you switch from EXT PWR to APU, if the GPU is connected, it will be removed

For departure without pushback, once all aircraft doors are closed and on APU:

- Press MECH HORN to remove Jetway/Stairs and Chocks

For departure with pushback - if the GPU unit is connected, it will be removed before GSX Push is invoked. 

When arriving onto a remote stand:

- The GPU and Stairs will be requested first
- Once the GPU is connected and the truck is clear of the aircraft, deboarding will be invoked
- This process can take up to 60 seconds

Note: If EXT PWR is connected when GSX removes Jetway or GPU power, the EXT PWR source will trip

Please ensure your GSX is up to date with the latest build.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew Wilson

• Stu Antonio

• Koen Meier

• Klaus Schmitzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In this build we introduced a deeper integration of the ground power source with GSX. Customers who use GSX Level 2 will now find the following functionality available:  Once loaded in on stand, c

It's a bug - a fix is being tested by the teams.

Soontm  

Posted Images

Andrew Wilson
[mention=12]Andrew Wilson[/mention] to clarify, when arriving at a stand/gate, do those things happen automatically now, or do we need to trigger with the MECH HORN as on the departure end?

No change on arriving on stand - cut engines and turn beacon off and it will call into the relevant services for you.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
K_e_n_a_n__A_g_h_a_y_e_v

Don't know what I am doing wrong but:

Doors closed, slides armed, beacon on, seatbelts on, APU on, GPU off but connected. Pressing Mech Horn removes jetway and chocks but GPU remains connected. also cant initiate pushback INT switch does not do anything anymore.

What am I missing?

Andrew Wilson

I'd start again - only press the Mech Horn to summon services to the aircraft when you enter the flight deck, then follow the flows you did before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Aaron Brand
3 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Just a heads up, on my system, double-clicking the horn button will crash Couatl/GSX. 
 (I accidentally did this but I can replicate the error)

error.JPG.28ad7b66aa1fbe6cd63efbeb0b118a1b.JPG

Latest version of GSX?  Have you updated GSX?

Stu Antonio
Just now, Aaron Brand said:

Yes, of course. I run LiveUpdate regularly.
It's not a big issue, but here it apparently trips when you call for the services twice. But maybe it's only on my system for whatever reason. 

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Frederic Giraud said:

good day,

i press mesh horm, jetway connect to the plane, but already ten minutes i wait for have ext power connect to the plane...

what is your start up state?

phil highton
6 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Yes, of course. I run LiveUpdate regularly.
It's not a big issue, but here it apparently trips when you call for the services twice. But maybe it's only on my system for whatever reason. 

9 minutes ago, Aaron Brand said:

Is that not the sode issue where the fix is to add a line in CFG under [Sim] section? 

Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, phil highton said:

Is that not the sode issue where the fix is to add a line in CFG under [Sim] section? 

Do you mean this one? 

[SIM]
AdaptiveSimGroupEnable=False

Stu Antonio

I have a question regarding the new system: How does this work on a jetway stand?

Because when I load a flight, cold and dark, (i.e. Stand B05 at EDDB), and hit the horn, GSX will do its thing and connects the Jetway (after asking me for company and door).
It doesn't send an GPU (which would be reasonable at a terminal stand) but it also doesn't connect any ground power at all (imaginary cable from the jetway etc.).

I can only connect ground power through the mcdu options in this case, but it would be nice if it could somehow be available by default on jetway stands.

Did I miss something?

Koen Meier

If the jetway doesn’t have a GPU, as set in the gsx options for the gsx sode jetways, attached you might get this issue I guess. It should send a GPU if there is no GPU checked in the jetway settings. Unless you want to use the Fixed Electrical Ground Power bout this doesnt exits in the sim.

Stu Antonio
5 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

If the jetway doesn’t have a GPU, as set in the gsx options for the gsx sode jetways, attached you might get this issue I guess. It should send a GPU if there is no GPU checked in the jetway settings. Unless you want to use the Fixed Electrical Ground Power bout this doesnt exits in the sim.

Oh I see, so it's a GSX-config thing of the aiport? Will try another location. Thanks.

Stu Antonio

So I tried four different airports, none of them provided ground power when the jetway was in place. Pressing the MECH button will do the same as calling for a jetway (asking about ground handler and door to use) but nothing more. Hitting it again does nothing. 

Søren Dissing
8 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Did I miss something?

Yes, reading Andrew's reply to Frederic earlier in the thread... It's a bug.

Edit: Jinx'ed by a millisecond or two :-)

13 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

I have a question regarding the new system: How does this work on a jetway stand?

Because when I load a flight, cold and dark, (i.e. Stand B05 at EDDB), and hit the horn, GSX will do its thing and connects the Jetway (after asking me for company and door).
It doesn't send an GPU (which would be reasonable at a terminal stand) but it also doesn't connect any ground power at all (imaginary cable from the jetway etc.).

I can only connect ground power through the mcdu options in this case, but it would be nice if it could somehow be available by default on jetway stands.

Did I miss something?

I don't use GSX, but I notice I need to do the same thing now -- i.e. go into MCDU and connect (GPU was previously available by default); is this the expected behaviour for non-GSX users?

Andrew Wilson
23 minutes ago, Ronald Yan said:

I don't use GSX, but I notice I need to do the same thing now -- i.e. go into MCDU and connect (GPU was previously available by default); is this the expected behaviour for non-GSX users?

Hi Ronald - you may also press the MECH HORN button and it will connect Ground Power straight away for you.

1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Ronald - you may also press the MECH HORN button and it will connect Ground Power straight away for you.

Great! thanks for the quick response, I'll give it a try on my next flight

Klaus Schmitzer
21 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

It's a bug - a fix is being tested by the teams.

Should I wait for the Hotfix or will this take longer? No stress, just was ready to update and want to know if it is a small fix or if it takes a few days or something else?