Jump to content

DLL error after Prepar3D v5.1 HF1


Chris Ferrell

Recommended Posts

Chris Ferrell

Hello All,

I just updated Prepar3D v5.1 to HF1 and now when I try to fly any of the FSLabs Aircraft, I get  "Flight Sim Labs DLLs - Unsupported Prepar3D Version" error. I uninstalled and reinstalled all FSLabs aircraft and still no luck. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance!

 

Link to post
Chris Ferrell

I suspected as much. I just didn't realize that there was enough change in HF1 to require an aircraft update. Thanks for the response

 

Link to post
Christoph Sebek

Their version is normally locked to the specific P3D version. Hence their installer does not recognize the latest version yet.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Ashley Jones
41 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

It is quite amazing to me that we have 100 threads on this same topic.

I have to agree its like the community is expecting the more post that appear the quicker the fix will be released. I think people should Just wait its only been a few days.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Paul Biderman
8 minutes ago, Ashley Jones said:

I have to agree its like the community is expecting the more post that appear the quicker the fix will be released. I think people should Just wait its only been a few days.

No.  People just don't read.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Dave Potter
10 hours ago, Ashley Jones said:

I have to agree its like the community is expecting the more post that appear the quicker the fix will be released. I think people should Just wait its only been a few days.

No, that's not the reason.  If there are "100 threads" about incompatibility, it's because a bunch of paying customers tried to load their sim and it failed. 

When I came here to find out why my A320X install failed to load, I knew nothing about the "100 threads" on the forum about it.  Why?  Simply because not all of us have the luxury of spending all our time reading forums, waiting for patches.  Some of us have other demands on our time, hard as that may be for you to believe. 

So when another post appears here asking the question "why won't my sim load?", accept the fact that the poster hasn't seen the other threads that may already be here about it, and doesn't have time to pore through all the forum posts looking for them - I'm one of them. 

And I don't need a lecture on it, nor do the others, thanks all the same.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Rob Jones

Just needs a sticky or a notification to await a new version before updating the sim.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Adrián Caraballo
1 hour ago, Rob Jones said:

Just needs a sticky or a notification to await a new version before updating the sim.

That would had been a great idea

  • Like 1
Link to post
Andre Da S Marinho

Maybe the reason why people have updated their sim was that IT was terribly bad regarding EA and Active Sky issues. We've been waiting more than ever this hotfix and, as FSLabs was used to release a new installer in the 48 hour after release from LM, we though it would be a good idea to start updating the sim and so on.

And then check every hour if the Fslabs' guys have or have not released the new installer. 

I think I am not not the only one in this position. So it's normal if the customers that have already updated their sim and are not able to use their product come asking for some support as in any other client retailer relationship.

Never forget that there are some people that are just starting in here. They're new into this simmers community and deserve all our respect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Marvin Toepfer

Hi Andre,

I agree with you only in the point that the sim was terrible.
I can fully understand that people (like they always do) rush and install the new hotfix immediately. 

On the other hand: updating the sim to the new version takes only a few minutes. Its not a day of full reinstalls - so there is no reason to update it in advance IF you wish to use the FSLabs product. 
In case you are a new user of the Airbus and don't have time to read in the forums: please at least read the system requirements of your bought product. It clearly mentiones the supporting versions of P3D INCLUDING hotfixes! From what I read: it doesn't say 5.1HF...

I also would like to point out that, if people are able to open a topic in this forums, they surely have the time for the search function. Much quicker than just inserting the topic name ;)

I am absolutely sure that FSLabs will release the new version shortly. Let's be happy that they really check their releases.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Chris Frasure
17 hours ago, Dave Potter said:

No, that's not the reason.  If there are "100 threads" about incompatibility, it's because a bunch of paying customers tried to load their sim and it failed. 

When I came here to find out why my A320X install failed to load, I knew nothing about the "100 threads" on the forum about it.  Why?  Simply because not all of us have the luxury of spending all our time reading forums, waiting for patches.  Some of us have other demands on our time, hard as that may be for you to believe. 

So when another post appears here asking the question "why won't my sim load?", accept the fact that the poster hasn't seen the other threads that may already be here about it, and doesn't have time to pore through all the forum posts looking for them - I'm one of them. 

And I don't need a lecture on it, nor do the others, thanks all the same.

I wasn’t critiquing you.  In the amount of time you took to post your question as a new topic, you could have used the search bar, found a thread with the same question, and looked through 30-40 replies as to why you were getting the error?  I would think this would save you more time?  Apologies if you took offense to my post.  It really does baffle me that the search bar isn’t used.  Have a great Monday, friend.

Chris

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Dave Potter
4 hours ago, Dr T Maurice Murphy said:

^^^^ How about a 2 second search first?

M.

A "search" for WHAT, exactly, a patch that doesn't exist?

Link to post
Dave Potter
38 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

I wasn’t critiquing you.  In the amount of time you took to post your question as a new topic, you could have used the search bar, found a thread with the same question, and looked through 30-40 replies as to why you were getting the error?  I would think this would save you more time?  Apologies if you took offense to my post.  It really does baffle me that the search bar isn’t used.  Have a great Monday, friend.

Chris

Wait....WHAT?  I haven't posted any "new topics" here.  What's THAT about? 

I'm not the OP - I just commented on the level of hypersensitivity his post generated.  If you don't want to read his topic, don't LOAD it.

Link to post
Dave Potter
2 hours ago, andre da silva marinho said:

I think I am not not the only one in this position. So it's normal if the customers that have already updated their sim and are not able to use their product come asking for some support as in any other client retailer relationship.

Never forget that there are some people that are just starting in here. They're new into this simmers community and deserve all our respect.

Yep.  And I'm one of them.  And although I didn't start this thread, I've already been accused of doing so and creating all this angst.

I now know to check the forum "Announcements" to see if any updates are available, so people can relax and be assured I won't be asking any annoying questions about it here.

Link to post
Dave Potter
2 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

I am absolutely sure that FSLabs will release the new version shortly. Let's be happy that they really check their releases.

If I understand correctly, the current process is that anytime there's a new P3D build number, which occurs for even the slightest fix or update, the new P3D build will break an FSLabs simulation, and require us to await a new FSLabs sim installer. 

I'll just say this:  I own a lot of P3D simulated aircraft.  If I had to wait for a new installer for each and every one of them whenever P3D changed build numbers - and I most definitely do NOT - I'm not sure I'd even want to mess with it.  Heck, I'm even using aircraft in P3D5.1HF1 that I bought for P3D4, and they all work and fly just fine.

Link to post
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Dave Potter said:

If I understand correctly, the current process is that anytime there's a new P3D build number, which occurs for even the slightest fix or update, the new P3D build will break an FSLabs simulation, and require us to await a new FSLabs sim installer. 

I'll just say this:  I own a lot of P3D simulated aircraft.  If I had to wait for a new installer for each and every one of them whenever P3D changed build numbers - and I most definitely do NOT - I'm not sure I'd even want to mess with it.  Heck, I'm even using aircraft in P3D5.1HF that I bought for P3D4, and they all work and fly just fine.

i suggest you read this statement from the devs.

Link to post
Dave Potter
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

i suggest you read this statement from the devs.

Noted.

However, my guess, based on many years of simming through more software updates than I can count, is that if the simulation was not "platform locked", the vast majority of "unique features" would continue to work normally after most P3D in-version updates, and customers could continue to use their expensive FSLabs purchase while waiting for any patch to be posted. 

I, as one of those customers, would welcome that option.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Norman Blackburn

Actually Dave, several of those unique features would indeed not work.  Most would but some wouldn’t hence the lock.  Speaking of locks, probably fair to say this thread has run its course.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...