PREPAR3D V5.1 HOTFIX 1 NOW AVAILABLE

Kelly Gabruck

Kelly Gabruck

PREPAR3D V5.1 HOTFIX 1 NOW AVAILABLE

The Prepar3D v5.1 Hotfix 1 (5.1.12.26829) is now available. It can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website. The Prepar3D v5.1 Hotfix 1 contains additional fixes for high priority issues identified after release. Only the Client installer is required for the majority of fixes present in Prepar3D v5.1 Hotfix 1. Therefore, the Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. Each fix listed below is categorized per installer. Please note, you must first have Prepar3D v5 installed to utilize any of the standalone installers (Client, Content, and Scenery). The Prepar3D v5.1 Hotfix 1 update may require you

Timm Rehberg
7 hours ago, Chris Frasure said:

Yeah, they are typically, “ready,” with new releases.  Just takes about a day.  

CF

Don´t speak about the time itself otherwise they are keen to let us wait :P:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Chris Frasure
4 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Don´t speak about the time itself otherwise they are keen to let us wait :P:D

yeah i'm quite surprised it wasn't today.  oh well.

C

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stu Antonio

Did my first FSL flights in 5.1HF1 (was on 5.0 before). I‘m torn. I can‘t decide.

EA with awesome looking more realistic lighting, and a nice looking sky BUT very blurry, undefined ugly „clouds“, a way too dark FSL cockpit and some performance loss.

vs

No EA, not so nice, bueish lighting and over all simpler atmospherics BUT better lit cockpit and sharp, defined ASCA clouds.

What are you guys using? 

Danny Moore
39 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Did my first FSL flights in 5.1HF1 (was on 5.0 before). I‘m torn. I can‘t decide.

EA with awesome looking more realistic lighting, and a nice looking sky BUT very blurry, undefined ugly „clouds“, a way too dark FSL cockpit and some performance loss.

vs

No EA, not so nice, bueish lighting and over all simpler atmospherics BUT better lit cockpit and sharp, defined ASCA clouds.

What are you guys using? 

I see you use ENVShade. Were you using it to see if it help with No EA?

Stu Antonio
5 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

I see you use ENVShade. Were you using it to see if it help with No EA?

Well, I did, yes. But I'm not sure it did much... 

Here's a comparison of the three options I'm presented with. In both EA cases, I think the cockpit is too dark, but that's an ongoing discussion... Not yet sure which way to go.

NGh7nU2.jpg

BenjaminBeyer
Hello everybody
how are your current experiences with the 5.1 and the Vram.
I want the highest possible settings, but the Sim smokes at Justsim EDDV.
Which settings have you set?
How are your experiences there?
I would be interested.
Use an RTX2080super with 8GB.
Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, BenjaminBeyer said:

Hello everybody
how are your current experiences with the 5.1 and the Vram.
I want the highest possible settings, but the Sim smokes at Justsim EDDV.
Which settings have you set?
How are your experiences there?
I would be interested.
Use an RTX2080super with 8GB.

I got a Device Hung Error on my very first test flight in the default F22. :( I don't think they made any groundbreaking progress there. 
It really comes down to your settings, especially (in my experience) setting the scenery complexity and autogen to a normal level. Vram will keep being something to worry about imo.

Robert Ruprecht

Stu, There are a few combinations EA ? No EA, No HDR, etc. It very subjective as to what suits best for you. Personally , I accept the limitations as they are now with the hope for better from EA in the future. The main reason I go with ASP3D and Asca, with HDR and EA off, is that is the best compromise for me, with the main reason being Active Sky needed for weather radar, as far as I know. I am now fully committed to v5.1 hf1.

• Thanks 1
Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Robert Ruprecht said:

Stu, There are a few combinations EA ? No EA, No HDR, etc. It very subjective as to what suits best for you. Personally , I accept the limitations as they are now with the hope for better from EA in the future. The main reason I go with ASP3D and Asca, with HDR and EA off, is that is the best compromise for me, with the main reason being Active Sky needed for weather radar, as far as I know. I am now fully committed to v5.1 hf1.

Thanks for your thoughts Robert, always interesting to heat the approach of others. I'm also leaning towards keeping EA off, just like in v5.0. Gives me more control over how sky, clouds and weather over all looks, especially with custom sky textures etc. 

Stu Antonio
17 minutes ago, Robert Ruprecht said:

At least it seems to be generally moving in the right direction. Nice livery by the way. 

True, I think at some point TrueSky, EA, Envshade and ActiveSky will come together and it will all work together flawlessly.

Theo Haralambof
5 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Well, I did, yes. But I'm not sure it did much... 

Here's a comparison of the three options I'm presented with. In both EA cases, I think the cockpit is too dark, but that's an ongoing discussion... Not yet sure which way to go.

NGh7nU2.jpg

Hi !
Don't you have the strange white layer while using EA ?

I have it while using EA, HDR and ActiveSky. (at night or not and whatever the weather is)

EDIT : I've find the answer to my question. Godtrays was enable, I disabled it and worked fine. Sorry for my question then

Holger Teutsch

At least HF1/EA is a huge step in the right direction.

• edge pixelation is significantly reduced
  • objects shining through haze are greatly reduced although it's still there. Without HF1 it was a show-stopper.

I don't know whether I keep EA but I will give it a fair try.

Marc Stanford

I hope LM will fix the dark cockpit bug, hopefully before the end of the year. I’m going back to v4 for now.

• Like 1
Michael Pannell
On 11/19/2020 at 5:02 PM, Branco Vaccaro said:

I'm running P3DV5 HF1 P3Dv5.1/Version 5.1.12.26829 I'm using Version 5.0.1.119 of the FSLabs A320 and I'm getting this notification and CTD "Unsupported version" I started a thread. Can anyone help me at all? 

Markus Miller
2 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

I hope LM will fix the dark cockpit bug, hopefully before the end of the year. I’m going back to v4 for now.

According to the changelog this should already be fixed with HF1 right?

Fixed issue causing ambient lighting to appear too dark at high altitudes.

Marc Stanford

I installed the latest version which is 5.1 with hotfix 1, I have an issue where ALL cockpits are very dark.

Khoa Nguyen
3 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

for better performance, why not use v5 HF1 with EA Off

I'm running now and cockpit brightness is fine

2020-11-26_23-23-28-304.jpg

Marc Stanford

It still does it for me no matter if EA is on or not. Using default installation how did you get it to work for you?

Stu Antonio
59 minutes ago, LIOGIER Gérald said:

Good morning all, question: is it normal that since I am on v5, the corridor camera no longer works as in v4? Thank you in advance.

Yes, the cabin camera is currently INOP, see Norman‘s statement on this here:

Tobias Gövert
2 hours ago, LIOGIER Gérald said:

Good morning all, question: is it normal that since I am on v5, the corridor camera no longer works as in v4? Thank you in advance.

Yes, it's deactivated in v5, due to performance reasons afaik.

Zachary Kerr
1 hour ago, Tobias Gövert said:

Yes, it's deactivated in v5, due to performance reasons afaik.

The camera system was working in P3DvV5.1......but it stopped again after applying the recent hotfix.  Am I missing something?