[Resolved]We need v5.1 hotfix 1+++ now

phil highton

Norman Blackburn
13 hours ago, ashley said:

I'm having no issues with Active sky all seems stable to me 

Hello Ashley

Please change your forum name to be your real first and last names thanks.

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
4 minutes ago, Jordan Collins said:

Can i use the 320 with the latest version of P3D or does it need to be updated again? 

The latest (5.1 hotfix 1) will require an update from FSL

Stu Antonio

56 minutes ago, Jordan Collins said:

Can i use the 320 with the latest version of P3D or does it need to be updated again? 

Yes, as always. 

Norman Blackburn
6 hours ago, Jordan Collins said:

How long 

A working version is currently with testers. As such it will be as soon as we can.

• Like 5
Stu Antonio
23 minutes ago, brendon powys said:

will this require a reinstall of the fslabs?

Once the compatibility update for 5.1HF1 is out, you will have to install that, yes. But the installer does everything for you and you’ll keep all liveries etc.....

• Thanks 2
John Ruisch

patience is a virtue !

I must say that I'm pretty much done with all the waiting. Now it's FSL, before it was LM, HiFi, GSX and PMDG. When did we have a stable game in the last months? It's only de-install and re-install, tweaking and the lot. I can't remember that I've spend so little time on the sim since FS4 because of that.

• Like 3
Marvin Toepfer
14 minutes ago, John Ruisch said:

I must say that I'm pretty much done with all the waiting. Now it's FSL, before it was LM, HiFi, GSX and PMDG. When did we have a stable game in the last months? It's only de-install and re-install, tweaking and the lot. I can't remember that I've spend so little time on the sim since FS4 because of that.

u need to complain at LM's forums and not at this one. 

• Like 1
phil highton

yep its frustrating I understand ( ctd every flight almost on v5 no hotfix ), its seems that LM have left a lot of devs behind the curve on this one , but hey no one died , it will be fixed and then we will have the best p3d version ever iam sure !

Ashley Jones
5 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

u need to complain at LM's forums and not at this one. 

or maybe we could just do a thing called wait.

Mathias Müller

I appreciate the hard work FSL does to give us a great simming experience.
Just for understanding it right: Does every new version/hotfix of P3D break the compatibility with the FSLabs Airbus, or is it more like a "be safe" thing, that FSL programs the A320 in a way that it requires to be updated before it works in a new P3D version?

Jamie Whiting

FSL have always locked the Airbus to a specific P3D version, I would imagine this is because it prevents the product being used in an untested environment (LM are notorious for releasing updates incorporating changes that are not known to developers who may of had access to βήτα versions); thus stopping FSL being in-undated with people complaining that x, y or z is broken because they are using the product in an untested simulator version.

People do complain about this policy but I totally understand why they do it.

There is a dichotomy in that people always want everything to be released immediately; yet when this happens they then complain about things not working properly.

• Like 2
Andrew Wilson

It’s not platform locked for the sake of it. A lot of our simulation runs independently of the P3D SDK in order to deliver a number of unique features exclusive to our titles (dynamic lighting/effects/sounds/flight model). These all need configuring and testing with each iteration of the P3D platform. And due to the complexity of the simulation - it takes a few days for our teams to ensure no issues are introduced.

In addition to this, our development streams are constantly evolving - and the release of a new P3D build means we need to test any updates to our code base on the new platform within our teams.

So it’s a busy few days - we’re here, working weekends, to get this update out to our customers as soon as our teams are confident in the release builds (x3).

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4
Holger Teutsch

It looks that I'm the single lucky individual with a super stable 5.1. Ok, no EA, but less spurious crashes during startup than with 5.0, less device hung errors than 5.0 and no more black textures when changing from internal to external view.
Although better is always welcome I'm quite happy.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Timm Rehberg
2 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

In addition to this, our development streams are constantly evolving - and the release of a new P3D build means we need to test any updates to our code base on the new platform within our teams.

A point we all may not think about.
Take the time needed. We all want stable updates.

Thx a lot for the update!

Robert Sutherland
2 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

It’s not platform locked for the sake of it. A lot of our simulation runs independently of the P3D SDK in order to deliver a number of unique features exclusive to our titles (dynamic lighting/effects/sounds/flight model). These all need configuring and testing with each iteration of the P3D platform. And due to the complexity of the simulation - it takes a few days for our teams to ensure no issues are introduced.

So it’s a busy few days - we’re here, working weekends, to get this update out to our customers as soon as our teams are confident in the release builds (x3).

Thank you for this insight and for the personal sacrifice you and the team are making for us. I appreciate it. 

duartevieira

why cant you people be normal for one day and stop being annoying and asking the same things day in day out and just let  them work its the same people everyday making stupid guesses and comments that dont make sense at all like they (locked their bus  to the sim) just leave it they have already stated several times in 3 days that they are testing and it will come out when its ready the same goes for the sharklets 

• Like 3
Michael Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I'm new to the product, where will I find out about the update releasing? Will there be an email notification or do I need to just keep checking the forums?

Alex Pugh
15 minutes ago, Michael Gold said:

I'm new to the product, where will I find out about the update releasing? Will there be an email notification or do I need to just keep checking the forums?

Use the Follow function on the annoucement forum and sign up for emails every time there's a new post.

• Like 1
Luca vom Bruch

@phil highton what makes you believe v5 is the root cause? I have never had CTD in v5.  I think you would be better off doing a fresh reinstall + all c++ redist libs etc...

António Abreu

Hi,

just to share the CTDs I have been having with P3DV5. The one with ucrtbase.dll apparently gets fixed by

[SIM]
AdaptiveSimGroupEnable=False

in the Prepar3d.cfg file.

The one with ntdll.dll (an old friend, unfortunatelly) happened after the above mentioned fixed was applied for some days and during taxi to stand after a 01:45 flight.

No need to point out P3DV5 as the cause of this, I'm just sharing info.

Waiting for the new FSLabs release to install Lockheed Martin fix that has been released (and praying that things can indeed improve).

Let be share that I find the instability that has been happening around P3DV5 very anoying.

Again, I'm not playing the "blame game" here, just sharing info.

Regards

ucrtbase.png.acfc04333b04adde658dbf631c441af2.pngntdll.png.4d50a4a08ec7a3c21c941f4572552f8c.png

• Thanks 1
phil highton
1 hour ago, Luca vom Bruch said:

@phil highton what makes you believe v5 is the root cause? I have never had CTD in v5.  I think you would be better off doing a fresh reinstall + all c++ redist libs etc...

hi luca, i dont know what the cause is to be honest, and i agree with you i will probably carry out a fresh install of w10 before installing v5.1 +hotfix 1 , but i wont be doing anything until the bus is ready !

Timm Rehberg
2 hours ago, António Abreu said:

[SIM]
AdaptiveSimGroupEnable=False

We need a P3D config tweak/fix page for all that.

Tim Jones

Hi All

I think that LM have fallen into the same trap that Microsoft did with Windows 10 in that the updates were causing more trouble than they solved. The other issue they now have is Microsoft still can't decide whether FS2020 is going to be a game or a serious simulator product, which would probably destroy LM's interest in P3D (for us, at least)

As Andrew has stated, FSL uses an external process for its gubbins (it's clearly too complicated to leave to scripting/SimConnect) which means even minor modifcations to the p3D binaries can have pronounced and unexpected behaviour (case in point a Windows 10 security hotfix that disabled a load of sound cards)

Cheers

Tim

• Like 1
Tim Jones
11 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

We need a P3D config tweak/fix page for all that.

Or perhaps someone with the time could build a wizard that runs though the config files and changes settings based on collective experience. I believe the OrbX community did this after various versions of the (infamous) OrbX installer wreaking havoc with scenery.cfg 

steven neill
20 hours ago, Tim Jones said:

Microsoft still can't decide whether FS2020 is going to be a game or a serious simulator product, which would probably destroy LM's interest in P3D (for us, at least)

It was always a game. Look at their target audience.  Kids. 

Lefteris Kalamaras

Just FYI-

v119 of the A320-X and A319-X/A321-X is released - brings compatibility with P3D v5.1 HF1.

Thank you for your support! I am now locking this topic.

• Like 4
  • Lefteris Kalamaras changed the title to [Resolved]We need v5.1 hotfix 1+++ now
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic