Jump to content

[Resolved]We need v5.1 hotfix 1+++ now


phil highton

Recommended Posts

phil highton

Getting a bit restless waiting now for the fixes we need if your on 5.1. on the whole its a great sim , just letting its self down with the EA issue and many others. i keep getting CTD's almost every flight  , not just the usual  but "terrain.dll" seems to be the latest thing ! the sim and some of the addons are just not knitting together as they should !. and i'am not even starting on the addon airports , sorry for the moan, its just I've managed 1 very short haul flight in 13 hrs of fiddling around with overclock ,xmp, uninstalls, cfg tweaks , it feels like fsx days again  lol. but on a more positive note there's a vaccine coming :) and I will not I say I will not go back MSFS ( for a couple of years at least) no way Jose ! for all its gremlins iam sticking with it ! even though I feel like we are not the priority anymore for many devs ( I understand that commercially ) ! B)

Link to post
David Norfolk

I'd rather they took their time with it. If they rush it, we will be yet again waiting for another hotfix & it's becoming abit boring. Let them test it & actually get things fixed

  • Like 3
Link to post
phil highton

David i kind of agree, I just thought( really did ) we were beginning to leave the bad old tweaking/messing about days behind us , and yet here I am spending the day trying to fix things just as was 10/15 years ago , freaked me out a bit, proper flash back to my gtx 8800 and amd fx something or other chip lol oh i did have a intel 2500 at some point and even a side stick that vibrated , ah happy days ! :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Rafal Haczek
51 minutes ago, phil highton said:

we were beginning to leave the bad old tweaking/messing about days behind us

NEVER. EVER.
I've been in flight simulators longer than I could remember.
Tweaking has always been the major part of this hobby of mine.
Vanilla sim and default C172/737/A32X with default airport? Then maybe. :rolleyes:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
11 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I‘m not sure one hofix will cut it....

probably not...

I lost my trust in them since latest since the release of v5. I would def. not buy another version of Prepar3d. Really don't like how they rush releases or break things again in new hotfixes...how can a software be in need of 2 HF to run halfway stable after release and be killed by another update again, in need of a new HF? In total, we have a release version, an update PLUS 3 Hotfixes...

thank god that fslabs doesnt do it that way.

  • Like 5
Link to post
phil highton

I think much of it is to do with MSFS , we have been put on the back burner by most of them in there business of making money, maybe we just have to accept hat!

Link to post
David Norfolk
10 minutes ago, duartevieira said:

It will be released this week 

Source?

Link to post
Reinhard Feuerstake

Just to mention....if you use SODE in v5.1 ...set
AdaptiveSimGroupEnable=False
in the [SIM] section in Prepar3D.cfg


 

Link to post
Robert Sutherland

A reminder that FSLabs will likely need to release a compatibility update before you can use it with this hotfix! So if you want to fly around in an Airbus, be warned :) 

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
6 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

A reminder that FSLabs will likely need to release a compatibility update before you can use it with this hotfix! So if you want to fly around in an Airbus, be warned :) 

Time to have a different update process in case of a version check...

After compatibility check by FSL I prefer a simple update tool instead of a new re download for all the stuff... 

Bus was parked in the hangar anyway waiting for the hotfix, to may issues with V5.1

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Robert Sutherland
1 minute ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Time to have a different update process in case of a version check...

After compatibility check by FSL I prefer a simple update tool instead of a new re download for all the stuff... 

 

Better to have a product that definitely works with the latest version than to end up with a broken installation though, no? 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
3 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Better to have a product that definitely works with the latest version than to end up with a broken installation though, no? 

The installation process doesn't say anything about the quality of the update... Incremental update can be done via a tool and when done correct, it can validate the installation local ;-)

Link to post
Robert Sutherland

Ah, I see what you mean. 

Yeah, a tool that allows incremental changes would be ideal. But I think they've got bigger priorities to focus on first :) 

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
3 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Ah, I see what you mean. 

Yeah, a tool that allows incremental changes would be ideal. But I think they've got bigger priorities to focus on first :) 

I agree, It seems the buss word is sharklet :blink:  Nevertheless the method currently in use is also very labor intensive...

Link to post
Robert Sutherland

I wouldn't say labour intensive. 

Download the installer. Run it. It does the rest for you. No need to uninstall anything.

  • Like 2
Link to post
duartevieira
On 11/17/2020 at 11:47 PM, David Norfolk said:

Source?

You should listen to me abit more it’s obvious I am not gona tell you the source 

  • Like 1
Link to post
phil highton

iam downloading buts thats it until the sharks oops ! ( ssshhh) I mean the update is out and AS Updates too 

Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
2 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I wouldn't say labour intensive. 

Download the installer. Run it. It does the rest for you. No need to uninstall anything.

From a developer standpoint ;-)

Link to post
Bob Zolto

Warning that Active Sky latest update for 5.1 doesn't work with the hotfix.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Bob Zolto said:

Warning that Active Sky latest update for 5.1 doesn't work with the hotfix.

Beautiful. 

Link to post
Bob Zolto

HiFi supposedly was working with them so their fix may come before FSL updates their aircraft.

Link to post
Nuno M Pinto
25 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Beautiful. 

It's normal, they lock it to the specific version.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

AS has updated their product for HF1 now

Indeed.

Link to post
Chris Frasure

True to the updates for the bus.  Would be nice to have a platform like PMDG where you click a button and its updated.  Logging into fast spring, finding your codes, resetting the cpu, and etc gets old.

CF

  • Like 2
Link to post
Filip Nowak
45 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

True to the updates for the bus.  Would be nice to have a platform like PMDG where you click a button and its updated.  Logging into fast spring, finding your codes, resetting the cpu, and etc gets old.

CF

As far as I know they are waiting on that... 

Back to the topic. I got stuck on 5.0HF2 and not planning to change it until all will be "fixed" including ActiveSky, EZCam, no BSOD and people won't be reporting CTD or other weird things.

Link to post
Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Filip Nowak said:

Back to the topic. I got stuck on 5.0HF2 and not planning to change it until all will be "fixed" including ActiveSky, EZCam, no BSOD and people won't be reporting CTD or other weird things.

Same here. Awaiting good reports from the community. 

Link to post
Nuno M Pinto

Never had a single crash with 5.0 or 5.1 but i do read a lot about people having all sorts of issues, but you know users... BSOD is highly related to hardware, better check your system in that case.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Chris Frasure

I was fine in 5.1 with FSL and Activesky.  I just wont’ add the HF until FSLabs delivers the updated bus.

CF

  • Like 1
Link to post
Filip Nowak
21 minutes ago, ashley said:

I'm having no issues with Active sky all seems stable to me 

Heard ActiveSky in 5.1 (without HF1) isn't able to inject weather like it did in 5.0HF2?

Link to post
Bob Zolto

Always mixed reviews on AVSIM.   Perfectrionists abound.

  • Like 4
Link to post
  • Lefteris Kalamaras changed the title to [Resolved]We need v5.1 hotfix 1+++ now
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...