any news?

Peng Jia

Andrew Wilson
1 hour ago, Peng Jia said:

Is there any news about Concorde? I know I won’t get a response, but I can’t help but ask because I’m so looking forward to it

Only news at this time is that the project is progressing well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Steve Prowse
6 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Only news at this time is that the project is progressing well.

@Andrew Wilson

great news indeed, but how about treating us Concorde devotees to a preview/prehear :D of the greatly enhanced sound files.  I seem to remember you did something similar for the A320.  Just a thought.

Stay safe and well one and all

Steve.

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Liam Carbin said:

I really hope her nose is pointing out from under the christmas tree this year :D

I feel like Sharklets is their priority atm so i wouldn't expect to see concorde this year. Could be wrong though 

• Like 2
Steve Prowse
2 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

I feel like Sharklets is their priority atm so i wouldn't expect to see concorde this year. Could be wrong though 

Dave, with respect, can we not sully our Concorde forum with the mention of those....those appendages.  Please please....I beg you.:D.

keep safe and well

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Ray Proudfoot

Look what came up in my Facebook memories today. Three years since this announcement that pleased so many of us. Hopefully not much longer to go. Any update on the estimated price of $100?

FSL.jpg

• Thanks 1
Michele Benedetti
On 11/17/2020 at 5:05 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Look what came up in my Facebook memories today. Three years since this announcement that pleased so many of us. Hopefully not much longer to go. Any update on the estimated price of $100?

FSL.jpg

Ray, I'm more than willing to pay up to $200 for a Concorde in V5 if it has a fully modeled and working engineer panel, realistic INS route segment loading and working TLA bugs in VC, so I really hope that this new version will have those things. Obviously I'll buy it anyway because FsLabs is a quality guarantee :):):)

• Like 4
Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Michele Benedetti said:

Ray, I'm more than willing to pay up to $200 for a Concorde in V5 if it has a fully modeled and working engineer panel, realistic INS route segment loading and working TLA bugs in VC, so I really hope that this new version will have those things. Obviously I'll buy it anyway because FsLabs is a quality guarantee :):):)

That would make it the most expensive 3rd party aircraft ever. Could well put off those who aren’t as committed as you.

• Like 1
Michele Benedetti

Yes it's true, but i think that we're not that far away from that happening, and if there's one aircaft for which I would justify that pricetag it surely is Concorde, given its uniqueness, much different from a Boeing/Airbus/McDonnell Douglas etc.

Ray Proudfoot
2 hours ago, Michele Benedetti said:

Yes it's true, but i think that we're not that far away from that happening, and if there's one aircaft for which I would justify that pricetag it surely is Concorde, given its uniqueness, much different from a Boeing/Airbus/McDonnell Douglas etc.

There are a significant number of people who won't fly aircraft that aren't operating in the real world. To balance that Concorde is like no other aircraft and would undoubtedly attract the simmer who would like to fly a supersonic airliner. You also need to factor in the beauty of Concorde. The A380 may be impressive in its size but would never win any beauty competitions.

The Boeing and Airbus aircraft are the workhorses of the aviation industry so it makes sense for those aircraft to be developed to a very high standard. They are also reasonably easy to fly. Concorde is more of a challenge not just because of the delta wing and its flight profile but because it has an autopilot and navigation system unlike any other aircraft so there is a steep learning curve.

All these are factors that will both attract and dissuade the potential buyer away from its core support here on FSL. The price is key to attracting those who are sitting on the fence. FSL know all this of course. They have been around long enough to be business savvy.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Ramón Cutanda

I would be amiss not to also mention the work that has been going into the Concorde-X which will also be released this coming year - there are impressive features added which deserve their own release note, so I will be doing that at some point soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1